Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Bodybuilding and schizophrenia

wagatanga

wagatanga

Jun 8, 2023
My sister is schizophrenic to the point the FBI watches her through her TV. She’s been institutionalized on many occasions when she comes off her meds. When she is on them she is fine. But the problem is when she’s seeing things clearly she thinks she’s better and stops the meds. Mental health needs to be the priority. I have clinically diagnosed OCD. Been hospitalized on more than one occasion for it. It took years of meds and therapy to gain control over it. I’m lucky. Not many are. I had very good doctors and more importantly very good therapists.
You can control your weight and take the meds. To say you can’t is a cop out. Sorry. But it is. If you spend all your time training and meal prepping than spend the equal amount of energy figuring out what your macros need to be to take the meds and maintain the look you desire.
We all know you need to keep your head on straight for more than just looking good.
Best of luck to ya.

BTW. My sister went off her meds 2 years ago. She’s among the homeless in Alabama. She’s from New Bedford Massachusetts. She walked there. She’s hiding from the FBI.
I'm really sorry to hear about your sister's situation and the challenges she's facing with schizophrenia. But it's great that you had the support of good doctors and therapists to help you gain control over it.
You make a valid point about balancing bodybuilding and medication management. It's possible to achieve your fitness goals while maintaining a medication routine. Prioritizing overall well-being, including mental health, is essential.
If anyone is struggling with mental health issues or needs someone to talk to, there is a therapy hotline available to provide guidance and support.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm really sorry to hear about your sister's situation and the challenges she's facing with schizophrenia. But it's great that you had the support of good doctors and therapists to help you gain control over it.
You make a valid point about balancing bodybuilding and medication management. It's possible to achieve your fitness goals while maintaining a medication routine. Prioritizing overall well-being, including mental health, is essential.
If anyone is struggling with mental health issues or needs someone to talk to, there is a therapy hotline available to provide guidance and support.
Shut the fuck up.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Please excuse me I disconnected. Let me tell you about my delusions. My leader is named Tuffy, I'm the only one that can see Tuffy she tells me what to do in life. Like bodybuilding and to obey the Lord's commandments. She never tells me to do anything bad.
HOLY SHIT! I need to go back and have another cup of coffee.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic