Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Bob got invited to Night of the Living Deadlift again! YAY!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
After Bobs achilles rupture in March he hadn't dreamed he would be to attend the Night of the Living Deadlift this year....but since he came back and set a new record last weekend....he got an email asking for his return...I am SO EXCITED! It was a blast last year..got to meet Andy Bolton and alot of other big name deadlifters...it was so much fun. Now the question is, on less than 2 weeks notice can we work it? It isn't exactly cheap to travel cross country and stay in motels for a few days LOL.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
More details please.

What is it, where is it and when is it ?

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
It is an elite deadlifter competition that was set up to benefit the high school strength program in Elizabeton TN...it has grown into a huge meet and features the Andy Bolton Challenge :) It has grown so big they had to split it into a morning and evening program...and it was aired by FOX sports last year. This year it is on Oct 22. There is a website dedicated to it www.nightofthelivingdeadlift.blogspot.com (I think thats it LOL)

Last edited:
Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
OK well awesome and thanks for the info. Always nice learning something new.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I know! They get it as close to halloween as they can without overlapping...and do it up all cool with fog and neat lighting ....very fun time

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I know! They get it as close to halloween as they can without overlapping...and do it up all cool with fog and neat lighting ....very fun time

Halloween is my favorite time of year, and coincidentally, Night of the Living Dead is my FAV horror movie!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
After Bobs achilles rupture in March he hadn't dreamed he would be to attend the Night of the Living Deadlift this year....but since he came back and set a new record last weekend....he got an email asking for his return...I am SO EXCITED! It was a blast last year..got to meet Andy Bolton and alot of other big name deadlifters...it was so much fun. Now the question is, on less than 2 weeks notice can we work it? It isn't exactly cheap to travel cross country and stay in motels for a few days LOL.

An awesome event! Nice to be recognized for his record and for his performance. Sometimes when an opportunity like this comes along, you gotta just say, "Screw it." and make it happen. Good luck at the meet.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
how wonderful for bob! congratulations to him and to you as well!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
It was totally AWESOME!!! While Bob didn't win (as a coefficient meet the big guys don't fare as well) he did set a new PR of 755! He also got the distinction of actually picking up the most weight of the night in total -2166lbs over 3 lifts...only a couple of them actually got all 3 lifts to pass.
Meeting Richard Hawthorn and Vincent Urbank was cool....having dinner with Andy Bolton was very cool...it was an all around wonderful weekend and I can't wait for next year :)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
that is awesome Shan! congrats to Bob!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic