Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

blox to replace bcaa?????????

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
all hype..... almost all supplements are.... after reading the first sentence i knew... "Making waves with their top market testosterone boosters". i had to go look up BPI's test booster because i never even heard of it.... but it is a top marketed product.... which is a lie....

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I think my buddy started working for them this year as a sales rep, see if he can enlighten me about what supposed to be so special about them.

pips

pips

MuscleHead
Jul 12, 2011
hard to tell whats truth or bull here there 1mr preworkout seems ok but we are talking about a replacement 4 bcaa not test booster.lol test boosters in any form are crap imo
but if someone came out with an alternative to bcaa that would be kinda interesting....let me know if u hear anything aj

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
hard to tell whats truth or bull here there 1mr preworkout seems ok but we are talking about a replacement 4 bcaa not test booster.lol test boosters in any form are crap imo
but if someone came out with an alternative to bcaa that would be kinda interesting....let me know if u hear anything aj

I sent him an email he works for BPI and should be able to tell me the real deal, hes someone I trust he helped me with my contest prep...so I know he wont blow smoke.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
They are a "silk amino"

If human athletes react as well to hydrolyzed silk protein chains as mice do, they’ll no longer need Aicar, steroids of IGF-1. Even though a little nagging voice tells us that gear sales are not likely to dip for the next fifteen years, we are still excited about the article on the new product that Korean researchers published in Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin.

The researchers, working for Chungbuk National University and Worldway manufacturer, gave male mice a daily preparation containing hydrolyzed silk proteins. The preparation, produced by Worldway [www.worldway.co.kr], consisted of 34 percent alanine, 27 percent glycine, 10 percent serine, 3 percent valine and 2 percent threonine. Most hydrolyzed silk peptides consist of a chain of 18-19 amino acids, so this is probably true of the preparation that the researchers tested. The mice were given doses of 50, 160 or 500 mg/kg silk proteins dissolved in water.

Half an hour after administration, the animals were made to swim for 30 minutes. A control group was given only water, but also made to swim.

On days 14, 18, 28 and 42 a weight was attached to the mice’s tail and they had to swim to the point of exhaustion. The mice that had been given Silk Amino Acids held out for considerably longer than the mice in the control group.

saa.gif

After 44 days the Koreans measured the concentrations of cortisone [the inactive analogue of cortisol] and testosterone in the mice’s blood, after a 30-minute swimming session. The swimming reduced the testosterone level in the control group mice, but in the mice that had had Silk Amino Acids it had risen. The effect was particularly noticeable at low doses.

saa2.gif

When the Koreans examined the body composition of the mice after 44 days, they noticed that the Silk Amino Acids had increased the muscle mass.

saa3.gif

As far as we can tell from the study, the mechanism behind the performance-enhancing effect is two-pronged. To start with, Silk Amino Acids protect the muscles against damage from radicals that arise from physical exertion. The researchers measured the amount of thiobarbituric acid reactive substances [TBARS] in the calf muscle. TBARS arise when radicals attack the fatty acids in membranes. The table below shows mg TBARS/gram tissue after 44 days.

saa4.gif

Another mechanism is that the Silk Amino Acids boost the production of glycogen in the liver and the muscles.

saa5.gif

The researchers used daily doses of 50, 160 and 500 mg/kg. For an athlete weighing 85 kg that amounts to 4.3, 13.6 or 42.5 g Silk Amino Acids per day. Fortunately rodents’ metabolism is about ten times higher than that of humans, so you can comfortably divide the dosages by 10.

From Silk Amino Acids: more muscle, more stamina, more testosterone

[SIZE=+1]Silk Amino Acids Improve Physical Stamina and Male Reproductive Function of Mice
[/SIZE]
Sunhee Shin[SUP]1)[/SUP], Seongho Yeon[SUP]2)[/SUP], Dongsun Park[SUP]1)[/SUP], Jiyoung Oh[SUP]1)[/SUP], Hyomin Kang[SUP]1)[/SUP], Sunghyun Kim[SUP]1)[/SUP], Seong Soo Joo[SUP]1)[/SUP], Woo-Taek Lim[SUP]2)[/SUP], Jeong-Yong Lee[SUP]2)[/SUP], Kyung-Chul Choi[SUP]1)[/SUP], Ki Yon Kim[SUP]3)[/SUP], Seung Up Kim[SUP]3)[/SUP], Jong-Choon Kim[SUP]4)[/SUP] and Yun-Bae Kim[SUP]1)[/SUP][SUP]3)[/SUP]
1) College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University
2) Worldway Co., Ltd.
3) Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia Hospital
4) College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University
(Received August 18, 2009)
(Accepted November 11, 2009)
The effects of a silk amino acid (SAA) preparation on the physical stamina and male reproductive function of mice were investigated. Eight-week-old male ICR mice (29—31 g) were orally administered SAA (50, 160 or 500 mg/kg) for 44 d during 30-min daily swimming exercise. The mice were subjected to a weight-loaded (5% of body weight) forced swimming on the 14th, 28th and 42nd day to determine maximum swimming time, and after a 2-d recovery period (treated with SAA without swimming exercise), parameters related to fatigue and reproductive function were analyzed from blood, muscles and reproductive organs. Repeated swimming exercise increased the maximum swimming time to some extent, in spite of a marked reduction in body weight gain, and SAA further enhanced the stamina in a dose-dependent manner. Forced swimming exercises increased blood parameters of tissue injury, but depleted blood glucose and tissue glycogen, which were substantially prevented by SAA treatment. In addition, SAA significantly reduced the muscular thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances and blood corticosterone content increased by forced swimming. Swimming exercise decreased the blood testosterone level, which was recovered by SAA, leading to enhanced sperm counts. These combined results indicate that SAA not only enhances physical stamina by minimizing damage to tissues, including muscles, as well as preventing energy depletion caused by swimming stress, but also improves male reproductive function by increasing testosterone and sperm counts.

From BPB : Vol. 33 (2010) , No. 2 273

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
It doesn't even say what it is, however I find it hard to believe a product will replace BCAA's my body directly metabolizes in muscle tissue, especially when it mentions nothing about what it contains in the writeup.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
It doesn't even say what it is, however I find it hard to believe a product will replace BCAA's my body directly metabolizes in muscle tissue, especially when it mentions nothing about what it contains in the writeup.

I like my BCAA's too, if they have a better way to do it, Im all ears.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I'm all ears too, just skeptical, big claims always put me on alert.

pips

pips

MuscleHead
Jul 12, 2011
well it looks as if we all are thinking hype till we get more info

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
bottom line is this product will not make u the next mr.O lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic