Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Bi Lateral disc replacement

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
A friend of mine works for the same fire department I work for. He had a tri level disk replacement and doing well. walking is the best PT...believe it or not! I've been a bit down in the dumps. Had a bilateral partial knee 3 months ago and will be 3 more till back on shift....plus, torn rotator cuff trying to rehab in the mean time. Don't worry, your not the only one out there inured. Press on and do your best. I've been doing insanity Max 30 best I can...working around injuries and some light lifting. You will be fine.....maybe no heavy squats due to the disks :(

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
Yea, it sucks, recovery is ongoing, but limited effectiveness.. on an up note, looks like i might be able to play golf next year and yoga seems to help

tinymk

tinymk

Feb 5, 2013
Keep your goals on the horizon and get through the day.
I broke my neck at C5, that resulted in losing 3 discs, a triple fusion with a titanium cage, bone grafts and top it off I received a moderate TBI. PT took 3 years(mostly due to TBI).
I just kept my nose to the grindstone and trained as hard and often as I could within the guidlines.
Point being, I was a 500 raw bencher when my neck was destroyed, did what I was told(told I would never be able to lift heavy heavy again due to loss of ROM, nerve damage and the brain injury) and trained as best as I could. Once released to train as I see fit, I went ape shit nuts and was focused to be the best powerlifter I could be for me. 5 years after the injury, I hit my best raw competition bench of 512 and I smoked it.
Never give up on yourself but patience is key to success.
My $.02

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic