Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Best supplement(s) for endurance and recovery???

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Ok...here's the deal:

I'm gonna be visiting my folks in a couple of weeks (which means I'll be BUSTING MY ASS for about 5-6 days straight working around their house fixing sh*t...:)...You guys know the deal...:)...) Anyway, so far, my pops has indicated he wants me to tear down and replace his fence, remove some trees, clean his gutters, etc. Soooooo.....what would be some supplement(s) I could take to help me get through this ordeal??? I'm currently just on a mid-range TRT dose and was considering taking it up a notch. Any other supplement suggestions??? (besides Meth.)...:)...Thanks in advance!...

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Slow, long distance cardio on a rower or bike. 45 to 60 minutes. My recovery is incredible and endurance is pretty up there. This has worked better than any supplement. For juice, EQ would be something to look into.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Supplements aren't needed to get you through that. Will-power and determination are more than enough.

Last edited:
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
shoot some tne and go to town on that fence

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Agreed short term chores just buck up and get it done, lotsa coffee and mamas cooking

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Agreed short term chores just buck up and get it done, lotsa coffee and mamas cooking

Yeah, I hear ya...I WISH these were just gonna be short term chores but, if you knew my parents, it's gonna be more like short term BUSTING MY ASS. My pops is almost 80, so he won't be able to help me much. I'll be digging all the post holes by hand, hauling around the concrete bags, etc. They have a couple of acres of overgrown property...:(...Anyway, it will be a sh*tload of work...I'm talking about 6-8 hours a day of hard manual labor for 5-6 days straight...Something I'm really not used to doing anymore since I'm an old retired f*cker...:)...Luckily, I WILL have access to lots of coffee and mom's cookin' so I've got that going for me...:)...

Last edited:
D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Yeah, I hear ya...I WISH these were just gonna be short term chores but, if you knew my parents, it's gonna be more like short term BUSTING MY ASS. My pops is almost 80, so he won't be able to help me much. I'll be digging all the post holes by hand, hauling around the concrete bags, etc. They have a couple of acres of overgrown property...:(...Anyway, it will be a sh*tload of work...I'm talking about 6-8 hours a day of hard manual labor for 5-6 days straight...Something I'm really not used to doing anymore since I'm an old retired f*cker...:)...Luckily, I WILL be access to lots of coffee and mom's cookin' so I've got that going for me...:)...

Consider it off season GPP or a way to increase your general work capacity. I do different work but just as physically intensive for 8-14hrs a day 5 days a week. You'll be sore for a few days after but even that wears off quickly.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Consider it off season GPP or a way to increase your general work capacity. I do different work but just as physically intensive for 8-14hrs a day 5 days a week. You'll be sore for a few days after but even that wears off quickly.

Thanks. Since I'm retired now, when I have intense chores to do, I can usually "space" them out a bit. I guess I'm just sorta worried that by the end of the week at my folks house I'm gonna run outta gas, so was just looking to see what I could possibly take for a short term "boost" to get me through the week.

O

og17

Dec 27, 2015
I went through an ironman phase and got into cycling for a while. Anyway i was always happy with the hammer nutrition stuff. Breaks down good, easy on the guts. It mostly 4 to1 , carb to pro stuff. Dont even know if they are still in business though.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I would put my own Pre-Workout "Ultimate Orange Juiced 2.0" up against anything else on the market for long term endurance benefits.

You can use some cAMP and creatine HCL and some other aminos before the tasks, and that should help as well.

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Thanks guys. I forgot about creatine. It makes me bloat like a mofo, but I like the effects short term. Might try some of that and up my TRT dose a bit. I know the extra Test. will help keep my energy level up and should help a with recovery. Will probably bring some motrin with me too...:)...

AlphApex

AlphApex

Jul 26, 2016
I use THC edibles and pre workout before a good day of boring chores. Then it's head phones on and go baby go. Disclaimer- Only if you are able to function and stay safe.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic