Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Bench bluebrints/plans

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
My buddy is a really good metal worker an we were looking at some benches online an he said I can make one of those easy for a fraction of the cost .so now I need some plans if anyone has some I'd appreciate it

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
west side barbell is what I copied my bench from..

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
did you write anything down or have any measurements

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
I'd go with the forza specs. Pretty sure in their website it has all the measurements. One thing to note - regardless of how good a fabricator your buddy is, it's a whole different ball game getting a bench right. We had a guy that did one for our gym and it didn't turn out at all like we expected. It really is an art, and unless he's done actual benches before, don't expect it to be perfect.

thulsadoom

thulsadoom

Dec 20, 2015
My buddy is a really good metal worker an we were looking at some benches online an he said I can make one of those easy for a fraction of the cost .so now I need some plans if anyone has some I'd appreciate it
U should sell some if u can build them cheap

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
i am sorry i do not. Took a couple of hrs. Wasn't very hard to fab up. And we tig welded it

How do you know you had the right height and specs for the bench? Just a suggestion... put a Thompson fat pad on it.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
How do you know you had the right height and specs for the bench? Just a suggestion... put a Thompson fat pad on it.
I was going to say, you can get the base pretty cheap and maybe beef it up a bit then slap one of those on.

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
so im making it out of 3x2 just like the westside and im copying that as close as possible the specs are on there page convieniently enough looking at about 160-180 in steel an I have to buy the pad and j hooks

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
so im making it out of 3x2 just like the westside and im copying that as close as possible the specs are on there page convieniently enough looking at about 160-180 in steel an I have to buy the pad and j hooks

If you have the specs and the ability to make it... I say go for it. You'll say a ton of money and have something fun to do.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Buy the Thomson Fat Pad...Thing looks sweet. Trying to get my gym to buy one.

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
yeah that's what im thinking looks huge

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic