Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

battling cancer and trying to cut weight!

D

D3ath0nly

Dec 11, 2012
7 months ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I have been trying to keep my spirits up and after speaking with my doctor he has decided that perhaps my losing weight could help me battle this horrid disease better. I am currently weighing around 280 and the doc is telling me that around 215 would be a solid weight I can put my own diet together but at this point I have decided to throw this out to you the muscular many for help. Dr

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
What type of cancer and what course of treatment? I ask because many meds or chemo will cause weight loss on their own. This is not good weight loss. Otherwise I would approach it from kind of an old school salads perspective. Lots of fruits and veggies.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
All the best with everything buddy.

Have to agree with monsoon that nutrition will really make a difference to everything ~ tons of fresh, organic fruits & vegetables and juicing (no I don't mean AAS) is a good thing to incorporate as well. Take care and keep us posted MF.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Another couple of little things that may help would be to cut (or at least minimise) sugar intake and reduce your dairy & meat consumption if you are big on those foods.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that! What type of cancer do you have and what is the treatment? Chemo? Are you working out at all at the moment? I would do as much cardio as you can handle, preferably first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Dieting is key, what is your diet like now?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Sorry to hear man. What is your diet like now? What do you do for exercise? Are you a weight trainer? Do you know your % bodyfat?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
What 99% of people don't know about me is that I had a bout with cancer in 1995....not sure what kind you have, stage, treatment you're under but add more fiber and up the h20 intake for starters. Like others said, we need a little more info to help you out.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Sorry to echo everyone else's questions but knowing what you're dealing with and currently stats / exercise routine and diet would be helpful.

Stay positive and keep your mind engaged to beat this.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
998170_532494456787999_2032805052_n.jpg

D

D3ath0nly

Dec 11, 2012
I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma but it metastasized and has since spread to much of my body. At this time I tend to eat 1-3 tines a day but for a couple mo the now I have only eaten oNce a day or not at all. I try to steer clear of the comfort food but I fall off the wagon with my will being focused at the cancer.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Have you started treatment yet??? I think cutting calories would be a bad thing maybe clean up your diet some. find a dietitian that helps cancer patients.

D

D3ath0nly

Dec 11, 2012
I was a competitive powerlifter. I no longer have the strength to lift due to treatment and having to continue to work. I am a pipefitter and it is just a physically demanding job.

Stats:
282#
28% bf
Work is physically demanding, light to no cardio.
1-2 gals of water a day
Low protein and almost no carbs low fat
All of which is do to the lack of actually eating.
Was going through chemotherapy and radiation. Now currently going through a clinical trial for new med. Unknown side effects.

Worst part of all of this is I survived this once when I was in high school and I survived a mortar attack and a damn ambush.

Thank you all for the support at this point I will take it where I can get it

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic