Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

back/shoulderblade issue

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
started getting weakeness and a dull stiffness in or under my shoulderblade last week... struggled with what should be easy sets for me ...225x12-15 is a light working set for me, and i could barely press it 8 times... this monday i switched my split and coincidentally was on chest once again... i struggled to put up 2 plates... there's some major imbalance and weakness going on in my stabilizing muscles...

according to my friend that is a strength and conditioning trainer, and CPT she said

""a misalignment, the muscle length ration between muscles is altered which restricts their strength bc muscle cross sectional area is lessened/less motor units can be recruited etc
long story short - when things are not in alignment, they cannot perform to their full potential
and its easy to tweek something out of alignment when lifting"

So tomorrow I will try to get a rush visit to the Chiro for a readjustment... I have never been before and am told this is like a band aid, and will need to be a regular thing, however I am willing to do whatever it takes to push through the pain and continue on my contest prep 12 weeks from the stage......

Has anyone else experienced this type of "injury"? it's pretty painless, but theres a dull numbness, similar to a pinch... and total lack of strength on that side......

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
This is a issue a that I deal with very often its been with me for 13 yrs now. Docs cannot figure out why I burn so bad and why I am pinching nerves its very frustrating. My pain and burning becomes very intense. I also will be on stage in October. I'm trying to get through this I wish I could be more help but I feel what your going through. Good luck brother on your comp.

S

sprawl33

Aug 15, 2013
pinched a nerve in my neck and it shut down my left side, shoulder, arm hand...it was a night mare.
I do chiro 2xs a week and stretch like crazy before activity...I never want that again

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Still dealing with it... Can't bench ... Using isolat hammer smiths but can't go past a plate an a quarter.... Wish I had the money to go to the chiro more frequently... Working around it best I can till after my contest... You're right it sucks crazy bad

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic