Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Ashwaghanda

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If it helps with sleep, I gotta pick some up for SS.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Did it help you sleep? I was wondering since you asked about Ashwagandha.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The cocktail seems to help at times. I toss & turn a lot other nights. My feet feel hot at times & keep me awake often.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
The cocktail seems to help at times. I toss & turn a lot other nights. My feet feel hot at times & keep me awake often.
Have you had your cortisol levels checked?

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Have you had your cortisol levels checked?

It’s been a little while. I’ll be getting checked out in September & I’ll mention it to doc. Thanks!

2ndWave

Nov 16, 2020
There are some precautions when taking Ashwaghanda.

1. If you are taking meds for thyroid, Ashwaghanda can increase the effects of those meds. Check with a doctor, and monitor.
2. If you are alergic to the nightshades (pototoes, tomatos, eggplant, etc.), Aswhaghanda may also cause a reaction, such as nausea, diarrhea, headaches -- not in everyone, but in some cases.
3. Ashwaghanda can lower blood sugar levels, so if you are on meds for diabetes, consult with a doctor first (in my search, ashwaghanda is NOT recommended in such cases).
4. In some rare cases, ashwaghanda caused skin discoloration, burning and/or itching of the penis, lips and hands (I'm not making this up) -- rare, but if it happens, the syptoms are resolved when the ashwaghanda was stopped. This happened when taking large doses of 5 grams a day (which most people don't do).
5. If you are an organ transplant recipient, ashwaghanda may interfere with immunosuppressant meds because ashwaghanda stimulates the immune system.
6. Ashwaghanda has some blood-thinning effects. If regularly using drugs such as aspirin (including advil, ibuprofin, etc), or coumadin, etc., exercise caution.

I got this info from consumerlab.com. I'm not recommending against Ashwaghana -- for most people, it works great. Just sharing for everyone's info.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Nice bump of a thread that was beginning to die, 2ndWave

Srs ... we see links and copy+pastes all the time from new or long dormant members, but the comments you edited in here suggest a higher level of personal experience or, if nothing else, just well-intentioned advice.

Hope to see more from you here when you have time .....

2ndWave

Nov 16, 2020
I was wondering if anyone would see this, after so much lapsed time. LOL. I learned about this when my own thyroid numbers started changing. No permanent damage (I don't think). Thx for the response.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
It turned my skin dark. I looked like Trudeau in black face.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I used the Goli gummies. I would not say its a cure all for anything, but I think it helps with my sleep and maybe a little with anxiety. But it's not a game changer.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic