Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Are Brown Rice and Beans Low in Calories?

Ace Corona

Ace Corona

Apr 6, 2015
I make Spanish rice with long grain brown rice, using an old family recipe. I also boil pinto beans from scratch for four hours, then take some of them and re-fry them with beef chorizo. I do this every Saturday, so I have my dinners for the rest of the week already made. My assumption is that this food is kind of low in calories, what do you guys think?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Can't know that until we know how much yo uare eating and how you are frying them. Portion size dictates "low calorie".

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Agree with shortz on all counts. Also, there is this:

ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

Our Fed friends ARE good for something.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Idk if it's low cal. But it sound good as shit... Post up the recipe in the the recipes section.

Ace Corona

Ace Corona

Apr 6, 2015
Idk if it's low cal. But it sound good as shit... Post up the recipe in the the recipes section.

The Spanish rice recipe is an old family recipe that goes back like a hundred years, maybe more; my Aunt Josey, the family Matriarch, would disown me if I shared the recipe. Now that my Grandmother is passed away, it's up to my Aunt Josey to protect the family recipes, and my Grandmother made her promise to only share those recipes with family, and I have to stay true to that. But it comes out killer, Spanish rice with brown rice is just as good as making it with white rice. Just look up some Spanish rice recipes, and pick one that looks the best.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Keep in mind, the more ingredients in a recipe, the more difficult it gets to track. When I am REALLY serious about cutting and getting low bf, I switch to a "meat and ptoatoes" type of diet so that my counting is very accurate.

That said, I have a way that I calculate foods like this. Measure out everything that you put in to your recipe. Add up the total macros and calories for the entire dish. When it's all cooked, you must weigh the ENTIRE amount that you just cooked. From here, you should be able to weigh out and calculate your desired servings.

Ace Corona

Ace Corona

Apr 6, 2015
Keep in mind, the more ingredients in a recipe, the more difficult it gets to track. When I am REALLY serious about cutting and getting low bf, I switch to a "meat and ptoatoes" type of diet so that my counting is very accurate.

That said, I have a way that I calculate foods like this. Measure out everything that you put in to your recipe. Add up the total macros and calories for the entire dish. When it's all cooked, you must weigh the ENTIRE amount that you just cooked. From here, you should be able to weigh out and calculate your desired servings.

Thanks bro, repped

CelluliteBurned

CelluliteBurned

Jun 24, 2015
I agree with you. In opinion also Broen rice and beans have low in calories.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic