Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Anyone have experience with the SPUD Inc. Deadlift belts (Canvas)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I use a Toro 13mm lever (4") and have no issues with it. However my wife complains that her suede digs in too hard on hips/ribs when pulling. Spud makes a 3" softer canvas belt that I thought about getting her.

1) Anyone used it or something similar.
2) If so, can you comfortably push and pull in it?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It works for me for bench but not for pulling. If you have a gut when you pull the belt rolls up and gets all ****ed up.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wore something similar when I was an Oly lifter for a short time. I hated it.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Anyone know of a good 3" suede then? Maybe its just the 4" that's causing the discomfort.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
The spud belt combined with my rehband belt is the best combination of belts I own. I have a couple prong and lever style belts that I will use on max effort squats, but the spud allows you to comfortably get into a proper deadlifting position unlike a solid lever belt. My spud belt is also the only belt i use during strongman competitions as it allows me to move while still offering more than enough support. I have the triple ply and the double ply, i suggest the triple over the double for just about everything.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Absolutely love my spud inc 3-ply. Even when I had a gut it was awesome, so I think it just depends on the individual. I've even started hitting rep squats with it. Still use lever for heavy squats. Spud for everything else.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I wasn't fond of the SPUD belt. It did roll some and it really didn't give me the support I thought. I just felt it became flimsy real fast and lacked the support. Of course, I don't use a belt a lot. I also had a Elite Fitness Belt and it was so damn stiff I couldn't break that damn thing in! LOL.

G

Gleezbo

Mar 15, 2014
I have the triple ply deadlift belt and the bench belt. I like them alright but several times the velcro has popped loose during reps on both bench and deads. Prefer my lever belt.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic