Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Any thoughts if they will legalize in US?

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
What is everyone’s thoughts who lives here on it. Our country is crazy now a days and they’re legalizing all types of drugs.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I doubt it. Those states who have reduced penalties and/or legalized certain drugs are regretting having done so, especially California. Addiction, homelessness and theft crimes are off the charts here, and it all started when voters decided to make all personal drug possession misdemeanors and raised the misdemeanor/felony dollar limit for theft crimes from $400 to $950. There are efforts in the works to repeal these misguided measures.

That having been said.....the justice system is now so overwhelmed and police so understaffed that changing things back won't improve things too much. I could go on and on with specific examples from both my policing career and as a landlord/property owner.

At this point there is so much meth/fentanyl/choose your psychoactive substance around that non-psychoactive drugs like juice are likely not to be prosecuted. You might be arrested and booked, but you're not going to serve a day in jail, pay much of a fine or do community service, or even have to go to court because they will just have you "spit and acquit" (give a DNA sample). In the unlikely event they filed your case, you'd probably get informal probation only (that means you don't check-in, get drug tested or get home visits) and you'd only get in some minor trouble if you broke the law again while on probation.

I guess the bottom line is that it all depends on what state you are in. I just don't see the "let's legalize things" movement spreading when people can point to California and Oregon as perfect examples of why you should not legalize certain psychoactive drugs. California increasingly sucks, but if you get caught with juice, nothing is going to happen.

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
I doubt it. Those states who have reduced penalties and/or legalized certain drugs are regretting having done so, especially California. Addiction, homelessness and theft crimes are off the charts here, and it all started when voters decided to make all personal drug possession misdemeanors and raised the misdemeanor/felony dollar limit for theft crimes from $400 to $950. There are efforts in the works to repeal these misguided measures.

That having been said.....the justice system is now so overwhelmed and police so understaffed that changing things back won't improve things too much. I could go on and on with specific examples from both my policing career and as a landlord/property owner.

At this point there is so much meth/fentanyl/choose your psychoactive substance around that non-psychoactive drugs like juice are likely not to be prosecuted. You might be arrested and booked, but you're not going to serve a day in jail, pay much of a fine or do community service, or even have to go to court because they will just have you "spit and acquit" (give a DNA sample). In the unlikely event they filed your case, you'd probably get informal probation only (that means you don't check-in, get drug tested or get home visits) and you'd only get in some minor trouble if you broke the law again while on probation.

I guess the bottom line is that it all depends on what state you are in. I just don't see the "let's legalize things" movement spreading when people can point to California and Oregon as perfect examples of why you should not legalize certain psychoactive drugs. California increasingly sucks, but if you get caught with juice, nothing is going to happen.
Thank you for your service. Great points being made

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
On the federal level no way in hell! The IPC must be fed.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
No. Our government is not swayed by actual science. They follow the money and media/social media. Every time a bodybuilder or strength athlete dies, media/social media blames steroids, regardless of the cause of death. Due to this, it will never be legalized.

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
No. Our government is not swayed by actual science. They follow the money and media/social media. Every time a bodybuilder or strength athlete dies, media/social media blames steroids, regardless of the cause of death. Due to this, it will never be legalized.
That’s def true. Covid proved that. Would be beautiful if they shocked us and did though. Wouldn’t have to worry about getting more fake stuff from China

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
One of the few good parts of getting old is easy to procure trt scripts. Too many doctors are still clueless about hormones but over the last decade I've noticed more and more at least being open to trt when in the past they'd basically chastise you for even bringing it up.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
In my state they just legalized pot. You can have up to 12 plants per household. 12 plants! In the 70's my buddy had one and that was enough for alot of people to get stoned on a regular basis. Yet 2 vials of testosterone is a felony 4. How fucked up is that? One drug they legalize that can interfer with basic functioning and put others at risk on the road, the other minimal risk to the user and only the user, and that's a felony.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
What is everyone’s thoughts who lives here on it. Our country is crazy now a days and they’re legalizing all types of drugs.
They have kind of done this experiment in the West coast states, all it has done if increase crime and homelessness. This social experiment has failed miserably.

Go across the border in Mexico and look at all the crack heads and junkies sitting around on the streets.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic