Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Anabolic Steroids and The Depression Connection

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Your inability to recover doesn't make it addictive IMO.

Nobody considers it to have a physical adiction I haven't even read anything that suggest that but it really does...
The withdraws would be everything you experience coming off a cycle.. Just like coffe you get headaches breaking that adiction and on the extreme side kicking opiates you shit urself and vomit... I could be wrong idk but that's how I look at it... But shit it's an adiction I accept and love.. Steroids cause depression when ur stash runs low or forget to pin hehe and I'm here I tell you it will put the most strong minded men to test.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
so are you saying steroids are not physically addictive? when you run steroids for a long time your body just recovers with no problems???? I dont think so. Dont forget the mental addiction as well... like pot... it isnt addictive is it?

There's a difference between liking something and becoming physically dependent on it, and there's a difference between being physically dependent and unable to give up something. In my opinion, for something to be truly addictive you must be unable, no matter how much you wish, to come off. That is the case for many people with certain hard drugs, alcohol and tobacco.

On the other hand, we have marijuana which people like and miss, but can stop using without becoming physically ill, or having unyielding cravings.

Then in the middle, we have AAS which does not leave us craving them, but does leave our hormones crashed, and some of us never recovering normal testosterone production ever again, regardless of medical intervention. So it is a dependency of sorts, for those who need TRT after AAS.

But who is to say that the person who needs TRT after AAS would not have needed it anyway? So is the AAS the cause, or is it the individual's own body failing to produce the testosterone it needs. That could only be answered with scientific study, and we all know the chances of getting one of those done and done fairly.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
There's a difference between liking something and becoming physically dependent on it, and there's a difference between being physically dependent and unable to give up something. In my opinion, for something to be truly addictive you must be unable, no matter how much you wish, to come off.

If that's the case nobody would ever quit smoking or drinking soda or alcohol.. The cravings was a good point tho, while coming off and getting depressed etc we don't crawl around on the floor looking for a dirty syringe lol but I still believe steroids do have a physical addiction ... Also the point you made of not everyone will need trt doesn't really matter just like many people can drink socially without becoming addicted some folks not many tho can come off with no side effects.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Good answers. I will follow up with a better reply than this when I can actually take some time... In short. IMO any unrecoverable change to the body which requires further medication to make the body whole again creates an addiction or better yet, physical dependence.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic