Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

After workout meal

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
I've benn working out at night now 7pm,my workouts are a good hour.when I get home I eat a high protein meal 40 grams usually with spinach and some almonds.the problem is I got to get in bed early cause my day starts at 4am.should I eat that late or just have a protein shake after lifting.thanks

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I just ate a large Dominos and I'm thinking of ordering another one....

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Yeah I wish,eating clean,on my cheat meal though I will kep that in mind,thanks

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
When I was lifting at night I would come home and eat a huge post workout meal, usually lean steak broccoli and some rice. then be in bed about an hour later. I'd wake up Fuller then usual muscle wise. Actually a little drier water weight wise also. I never had any thing I would call bad results from doing it.

C

chapel8

May 25, 2012
You could continue eating what u are post workout which sounds good. But if u want u could add a scoop or two of Caesin protein to water and drink it right before u go to sleep.
The slow release of protein into your system until u wake up will ensure u remained anabolic throughout the night.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I'm with red I'd eat a nice meal and worry less about "carbs at night"
Post nutrition is a big one for me and I'm a natural fatty, I believe if you work out hard enough and put on enough mass then you will be fine. Besides there's no way in hell I'd be able to sleep with hunger pains after a brutal work out.

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Thanks guys good stuff right ther

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
I'd be more concerned of missing a meal after working out. Not eating would be worse than eating. I ALWAYS eat a meal one hour after my post workout shake. Every night before bed i eat 1-2cups of fat free cottage cheese.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Slam down the food until you can barely breathe.....it's not even May, stop cutting!! :)

I worked out at 11p after all the shit with the marathon the other day....got back to my girl's house around 12:30, protein shake on the way home, 2 coffee cake muffins....then a half pizza, shower then bed.

I'm about 13.5-14% right now....eat until it's about to come back up and pay a visit is what I say.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic