Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Advice please...

S

serenity4

Jul 7, 2011
Thank you so much. This information is so helpful. I wasn't much overweight to begin with ...I weighed about 130 but since on this low fat diet I lost about 15 lbs and faster than I thought I would, not liking the results either..I should be thrilled, but I can be hard on myself too lol. As far as the sciatic problem, it started last year probably by trying to lift and drag a heavy stall mat and something gave, so the speicalist did an MRI and said to avoid surgery, keep things simple, and don't lift to heavy things, but of course I was feeling so good and decided to do some moving of stuff and work around the farm and it aggravated and thats what I am dealing with now, some days it feels better but others drags me down. It is on the left side. I do take multi vitamin, fish oil, vitamin D. I was taking calcium until reports came out that it could cause stroke etc. so now I am not taking supplements but trying to get it in my diet which is hard as with osteoporosis and women over 50 you should aim for 1500 mg. I am suppose to be on Fosamax? but opted to do the calcium and exercise as I did not like the effects of the drug, now I am off calcium until further reports clarify. I like the advice you give and will definetly follow it once I am feeling stronger as I do not want to aggravate the problem with sciactic, but I could probalby do upper weights and walk for now, keep me moving.

S

serenity4

Jul 7, 2011
Hi
No I don't. I have purchased glucosamine and will start on them. Anything like stronger meds I steer clear of. I do take tylenol when the pain is bad.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Thank you so much. This information is so helpful. I wasn't much overweight to begin with ...I weighed about 130 but since on this low fat diet I lost about 15 lbs and faster than I thought I would, not liking the results either..I should be thrilled, but I can be hard on myself too lol. As far as the sciatic problem, it started last year probably by trying to lift and drag a heavy stall mat and something gave, so the speicalist did an MRI and said to avoid surgery, keep things simple, and don't lift to heavy things, but of course I was feeling so good and decided to do some moving of stuff and work around the farm and it aggravated and thats what I am dealing with now, some days it feels better but others drags me down. It is on the left side. I do take multi vitamin, fish oil, vitamin D. I was taking calcium until reports came out that it could cause stroke etc. so now I am not taking supplements but trying to get it in my diet which is hard as with osteoporosis and women over 50 you should aim for 1500 mg. I am suppose to be on Fosamax? but opted to do the calcium and exercise as I did not like the effects of the drug, now I am off calcium until further reports clarify. I like the advice you give and will definetly follow it once I am feeling stronger as I do not want to aggravate the problem with sciactic, but I could probalby do upper weights and walk for now, keep me moving.

my fiancè is a registered dietician and she recommends calcium citrate(only form od Ca studied to be properly absorbed) combined with vitamin D for proper absorption and it should be taken at night time before bed.

S

serenity4

Jul 7, 2011
my fiancè is a registered dietician and she recommends calcium citrate(only form od Ca studied to be properly absorbed) combined with vitamin D for proper absorption and it should be taken at night time before bed.

Thanks, interesting. I posted but not sure where it went so this might be a duplicate. lol. I was taking 1500 calcium/magnesium and sep. Vitamin D 1000. I continued with vitamin D but stopped calcium due to the recent reports of long term damage that could be done on your arteries? Is the calcium citrate safer does she know and was it in the studies I wonder?

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Thanks, interesting. I posted but not sure where it went so this might be a duplicate. lol. I was taking 1500 calcium/magnesium and sep. Vitamin D 1000. I continued with vitamin D but stopped calcium due to the recent reports of long term damage that could be done on your arteries? Is the calcium citrate safer does she know and was it in the studies I wonder?

don't know if they'll be safer but I know they'll be absorbed better.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic