Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Adrenal Fatigue, and nutritional recovery

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Nutritional Supplementation

Few things that will help, Pregnenolone and Dhea have been the biggest factors for me.

An optimal balance of vitamins and minerals for optimum adrenal function can include:

500 mg to 3,000 mg of vitamin C with bioflavonoid and synergistic co-factors. Vitamin C is perhaps the most gentle of all adrenal supporting nutrients. It is best to get take Vitamin C in ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate form. Those who have a sensitive gastric system should consider mineral ascorbates. A properly personalized combination of different forms of oral vitamin C often works better than a single form. The proper delivery system also plays a critical and significant role. Nutrients are good only to the degree they can be delivered to the cell. The right combination of delivery systems (including liposomal, powdered, and capsulated) is therefore critical. One of the most common Adrenal Fatigue recovery program mistakes is the lack of properly administered vitamin C dosed for the body's specific need.

Glutathione by intravenous or by liposomal oral delivery to enhance the effectiveness and cellular bio-availablity of vitamin C, E, alpha lipoic acid, and carnitine. Glutathione acts as a liver detoxifier and helps recycle inactive oxidized vitamin C back to its reduced active form in the body after vitamin C has served its function.

900 to 1,500 mg of Vitamin B5 (panthothenic acid) as most hormone production in the adrenal gland needs the co-enzyme A / pantethine, a by-product of Vitamin B5, to be produced.

400-800 I.U. of Vitamin E is another important nutrient. It is involved in at least six different enzymatic reactions in the adrenal cascade. Take 400 to 800 I.U. of vitamin E daily.

1000 to 5000 I.U of Vitamin D is a good nutrient to support hormonal synthesis.

Additional nutrients that may be considered include 10,000 to 25,000 I.U of beta-carotene, selenium (100-200 mcg), magnesium (200-800 mg), lysine (1-2 gm), proline (500mg - 1gm), glutamine (1-5 gm), DHEA 15-50 mg, and pregnenolone 25-50 mg, Ribose and co-factors 2,000-10,000 mg , CoQ 300-1,000 mg, Type 1 and Type 3 collagen.

Adrenal glandular, adrenal extract and herbals such as ashwagandha root, licorice root Korean Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng, ginger root, and ginkgo leaf can also be helpful for short term. They are widely promoted, their effectiveness and adaptogenic properties seem to be most suitable for those with very mild Adrenal Fatigue.

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks for posting this shine. Lots of great tips in here. I know a lot of us guys have suffered from this at times.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I have read everywhere that there is no actual medical proof that Adrenal Fatigue exists

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I have read everywhere that there is no actual medical proof that Adrenal Fatigue exists

Sub-clinical adrenia with its various stages, recognized as a distinct clinical syndrome ,most doctors are unfamiliar with this condition for the simple reason that it is difficult to diagnose effectively by traditional blood tests.

Normal blood tests are designed to detect severe, absolute deficiencies of adrenal hormones known as Addison's disease. And only afflicts 4 out of 100,000 which is often the result of an autoimmune disease or infectious origin. Normal Blood tests also only detect extreme, excessive levels of adrenal hormones, a condition known as Cushing's disease.

IN more Detail now ! ~ The conventional test used is called, the ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone) challenge test. This test recognizes extreme underproduction or overproduction of hormone levels, as shown by the top and bottom 2 percent of a bell curve. In other words, adrenal function has to be extremely low (the bottom 2 percent) before a diagnosis is made.

Symptoms of non-Addison adrenal malfunction, meanwhile, can start to present itself symptomatically after a 15 percent deviation from the mean on the bell curve. Therefore, the adrenal glands could be functioning anywhere from 15 to 48 percent below the norm and not be detected by the ACTH test.

To sum it up, adrenal hormones are low in the case of Adrenal Fatigue, but still within the "normal" range and not low enough to warrant the diagnosis of Addison's disease by regular blood tests. Such "normal" levels of adrenal hormones do not mean that the patient is free from adrenal malfunction. Conventional doctors are not taught the significance of sub-clinical Addison's disease, or Non-Addison's Hypoadrenia (commonly referred to as Adrenal Fatigue)

They (average doctors) and even some Endocrinologist are misguided by the blood tests. As a result, patients tested for adrenal functions are told they are "normal" but in reality, their adrenal glands are performing sub-optimally, with clear signs and symptoms of feeling like shit and tired!

Have to look For Endo Doctors, offices that use phrases such as Alternative Medicine. They are usually up to par with the latest research and medicine.

Last edited:
A

Awakened615

Mar 1, 2011
Similar to a Myers cocktail Shine? I think everyone is different. Dependent upon the doctor. They seem to help though. As check as I ever thought my diet is in and based on nutrional info/charts it is but not receiving enough of particular minerals and vitamins can be a definite factor in fatigue or being tired or any sort. Sleepiness or exhaustion from heat or work. all different feeling to me. A major part of my growing is compromised do to insomnia and only getting 2,4 or 6 hours of sleep a night. However I dont always feel tired and or fatigue but when I do a good concoction of vitamins and minerals rejuvenates me. When I researched Myers cocktail I came up with a bunch of different results. Thanks for the post. Great useful information for me. Respectfully, Wake

LadySparten

LadySparten

Jul 12, 2015
I have just been diagnosed with Addison's disease this April (2015) I am one of the rare and oh so lucky few :( and I went through hell for years as no one would listen to me. I am very interested in any suggestions concerning additional supplementation and so on. This was an interesting read. Thank you!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic