Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

A NEW CURRENCY

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Seems like it will have more more transparency than the current cryptos, might not be attractive to lawless desperados.
Seems like the way it is structured will make it far less subject to fluctuation, and far less tempting for those who like to invest.

But it's JP Morgan (Chase), one of the BIG boys, so we'll be hearing about it more in the future. Note that it rolls out to other big boys before it reaches us.

FWIW ....... https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/investing/jpmorgan-jpm-coin-cryptocurrency/index.html

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I dunno what to think of this. JP Morgan would give it credibility for sure, but also detract from the non-big corporation/Illuminati/government/etc attractiveness of things like bitcoin.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Funny thing a few years back this guy said Crypto Currency should be avoided at all costs and if any of his companies employees were caught buying they would be fired.

Me thinks he was trying to discredit other forms while he put together his own version.

I agree that with more transparency it will make it safer.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Transparency.......

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Funny thing a few years back this guy said Crypto Currency should be avoided at all costs and if any of his companies employees were caught buying they would be fired.

Me thinks he was trying to discredit other forms while he put together his own version.

I agree that with more transparency it will make it safer.

Safer in one way BUT maybe not for anyone using it to conduct illegal transactions, in case you know anybody who does that from time to time . . . ;)

Ripitup

Ripitup

MuscleHead
Aug 29, 2013
I see no real need for crypto currency unless people are using it for illegal purposes and want to remain as anonymous as possible. I have never used any form of crypto currency. I have also never conducted any illegal activity. You can send money by so many methods these days such as Venmo, paypal, etc., so why would you use cypto currency for LEGAL purposes? I just don't see the need and it actual seems like more of a hassle. Ok so now I need to convert my money to JP Morgan Chase crypto currency and then spend it? Why not just spend it without having to take that extra step. As it is now, IF I were to buy from a source and he tells me the only form of payment accepted is Bitcoin or another crypto then I would just move along and find another source.

I guess the only thing I can think of at the moment that it would be beneficial for is IF you can pay with crypto currency and it would eliminate all risk of fraud or identity theft. If it's legit through JP Morgan Chase then I would presume that it would be tied back to your name, SS#, another bank account, etc., so that most likely would not eliminate the fraud and identity theft risk. I just don't get the need for it, however, I do have an open mind to listen.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic