Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

A Mad Scientist of Self

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I kind of wish I made a log when I first started lifting 6-7 years ago seriously, hell I wish I had a log when I was an idiot teenager that didn't have a clue what I was doing at all and made no results just to laugh at it if anything. It interesting thinking back on all the changes that have occurred. I pretty much give everything at try with training at least once unless it sounds out right dangerous. I have some personal training beliefs that I've come to the conclusion on my own with all my experimenting along the way. I will forever be learning and bettering myself I think this is the reason I really got addicted to the iron, just when you think you know everything there is something new. I love experimenting on myself hence the title.

I will try to update this log as best I can but I know there will probably be gaps.

First off currently, I'm natural not because of any moral reasons I just feel once I'm 100% confident with stuff then it will be my time to pin. I also have this belief that if training works while natural it can work on gear with the best results (I could be completely wrong with this as I only things from one side currently). I know however you better know how to train natural when coming off to maintain gains so either way it holds some benefit at least I hope. It's taken me in my personal opinion 6 years to really understand training enough to confidently say I know what works for me.

Mini log coming to this point in life

- Bill Starr 5x5 routine built my foundation and made all those great beginner gains

- Eventually I started doing bodybuilding routines i.e bodypart splits. I made some gains not much but kept at it because I felt it was the thing to do like a fool.

- Blew out my shoulder in an arm bar doing MMA. Doctor said my tendon would most likely rip one day and surgery would have to happen. It constantly dislocated out of socket and I would have to put it in place very painful. I started to train to make it better more then to body build at this point. I wasn't going to be somebody who had no range in his shoulder that wasn't even 30. I was determined to fix it myself and I did. My shoulder is stronger then it ever was I did it on my own **** the doctors and **** the PE who said it couldn't' be done. The examines proved it was better and the doctor was speechless. It took 1 1/2 years of constant dislocations and placing it in myself for this to happen and dont' recommend people do this I'm just a crazy ****er that fixes himself.

- For 6-8 monthes I trained under a world class powerlifter. Got good at lifting pull some awesome numbers. I also kept with high volume bodybuilding on top of this not the smartest idea. Family medical crap happen I had to move back home and other tragedies.

- During the drama I went back to bodypart splits didn't see much changes but I had fun either way

- Some twat rear ended me during rush hour texting her boyfriend, herniated my lower spin 1 1/2 - 2 years of hell. I never gave up kept trying would reinjure myself constantly. My lifts suffered greatly still not close to where they were.

- However it was a lesson learned as I started to stop listening to others on how to train and started to listen to myself. I had fixed my shoulder before I believed this wouldn't be different it wasn't.. It is at this point I started really looking at why I train certain ways rather then trying everything I had an understanding of myself finally. Not to say I stopped listening to new thing, in fact I still do but I actually try it and learn if it works rather then doing what somebody more experience says assuming they know more about me, then I know about me. This also applies to food as well.

I've always had one goal ever since lifting that remains unchanged and that is to be my own version of Frank Zane body wise. I never wanted to be him or look exactly like him but I wanted that classic old school bodybuilder look, while most use Arnold for that template I always liked the Steve Reeves and Zane look more everything was so balanced then comes size.

My big goal is to one day do a physique competition with the hopes of winning I won't compete unless I feel I'm ready. Until then I also won't post pics since I feel I'm incomplete and don't have much to show for it. The day that journey happens will most certainly need help and guidance along the way. In truth I never imagined I would want to compete ever but I see physique competitors resembling more closer to the old school body builders just board shorts are lame.

- despite my lifts not being as heavy as there were pre car accident I feel I'm in the best shape I've ever been in.

Sorry for all the babbling on to the actual log.

Nutrition for this week I change it weekly
Calories 3638
Protein: 273
Carbs: 455
Fat: 81

I change up my macros at various times

I don't do bodyfat can't measure it accurately instead I focus on my waist.

Stats
Lbs 168
Waist 26.75

Short goal is to have my waist as small as possible with as much size as possible. I geneticlly have a small waist and wide shoulders and I feel it's a strength that I can capitalize on if I ever compete. Thank god you dont' have to do a double bi in physique because my arms are absolute shit however peak wise.

Training:
Low volume with with high frequency seems to work best for me currently I'm doing a Doggcrapp routine with some slight twist for safety but I'll go into that as it comes up

Today:
Preacher Curl Machine 16rpx155lbs negative between each pause finishing with a 30 second iso hold
Cable Hammer Rope Curl 20x80lbs , 12x90lbs end with a negative, 30sec iso hold
Donkey Calf Raise 10x490lbs pause stretch at body, slow negative each rep burns like hell.
Hip Trust 20rpx155lbs negative between each pause finishing with a 30 second iso hold
Squat 10x155 immediately into a drop set of 20 reps (squats suck ever since my injury)

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Nice intro to your journal bud. I agree about training all natty. If you can see real gains all natty, then when you get to AAS, you will be that much better positioned to excel.

And I think the opposite is true. If you don't know how to diet and train, you aren't ready for AAS and will not make the gains you should while on.

I'm looking forward to following this very promising journal!

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Thank you Woodwise I didn't realize how much I rambled. Guess I'm just glad somebody glanced it =).

Free motion machine cable flies 105 X 20rp, 30 second Iso hold
Single Arm cable lateral raise 50 X 26rp slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold
Rope Tri Pressdown 110 X 26rp slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold
Closegrip pull ups bodyweight X 19rp slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold
HS Iso Row 140 x 13rp slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold

Doggcrapp is about compounds because it's easier to increase weight. I however kept a few isolation movements in from my last routine since I've been steadily increasing in strength with them. My basic belief is if isn't broke why fix it so until I hit a wall I'm keeping them around for a bit.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Weds

Flat head curl machine single arms: 60 x 20, 70 x 8rp slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold
Hammer curl: 35 x 20, 40 x 11 slow negative at end, 30 iso hold
Calf Ext: 110 x 9
pause stretch at bottom, slow negative each rep burns like hell
Leg curl: 105 x 17rp slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold
Single Leg Ext: 75 x 20 rp slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold

Today:
Incline Bench 135 x 18rp, 30 Iso Hold
DB Hammer grip lateral raise 40 x 20, 45 x 20rp
slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold
Dips (added weight including my bodyweight) 170lbs x 20, 190 x 20, 220 x 10rp
*Rack Chins Bodyweight x 20 (Hold the contraction at the top for 4 secs), Bodyweight x 8rp (doing 1 1/2 reps)
slow negative between each rest, 30sec iso hold
** Yates Rows (Hold the contraction at the top for 4 secs) 95 x 9, 105 x 9, 115 x 9, 125 x 9, 135 x 6, 125 x 12

* I didn't have a means to make it harder with resistence so I add in some stuff to make it more challenging because if you aren't progressing some how I see things as pointless

** Yates Rows I felt I was at my limit with safety doing this since my back injury so I decided to start from a light weight and I will slowly work up with a 4 sec hold contraction making the exercise more difficult but also helping work on control. So when I get back up to the weight I didn't feel comfortable with I'll have more confidence.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Good luck with your goals. How long have you been doing dogcrap? I'm interested in following this. It's nice to see different routines in action.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic