Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

5x5 12 Week Routine

IronMates

IronMates

Jun 15, 2014
I've finished week 1 so I'll post week 1's charts now. Some of these lifts I have never done before so I will try to increase weight on them next week. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402861816.066984.jpg

IronMates

IronMates

Jun 15, 2014
It's not letting me upload anymore of my days right now, I'll try again later.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don't know what that is, but it's not 5x5. 5x5 is squat, bench, dead, along with some rows or cleans and OHP

IronMates

IronMates

Jun 15, 2014
Squats, bench (close and incline), and dead lifts (straight leg) are in the routine. As well as a shit ton of rows. Not much OHP. 5x5 isn't one set workout routine but merely the layout of the lifts. 5 sets, 5 reps, 5 exercises.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Good to see you starting a journal bud. But those pics are hard to read. If you have time would you mind typing in your workouts?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Squats, bench (close and incline), and dead lifts (straight leg) are in the routine. As well as a shit ton of rows. Not much OHP. 5x5 isn't one set workout routine but merely the layout of the lifts. 5 sets, 5 reps, 5 exercises.

Why no OHP? Delts make or break a physique and one of the hardest to catch up . Some type of overhead presses no matter variation needs to be added . Weak delts not only detract visually but open you up to other kinds of weakness.

IronMates

IronMates

Jun 15, 2014
I'll type it up today at work if we get a slow period. I have Arnold's one day a weak. Delt rows 2 or 3 days. I'll type up my routine ASAP and then open it to critique lol.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Why don't you do OHP? That is the fastest way to increase your bench. You are subbing out convetional or sumo pulls for SLDL?

IronMates

IronMates

Jun 15, 2014
I was recommended the routine by a fairly successful body builder at my gym. I'll try to get the full routine posted soon.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
I'm wondering the same as the others, ohp should be a staple in your program. Not expendable imo. You were recommended it by a successful bodybuilder? Don't take this the wrong way brother, but perhaps at his level he feels it's not necessary for him. If he has massive delts and a big bench to boot, he may program his shoulder work for looks rather than mass. Also, I'm not sure why you are substituting variations of the big three. Can you provide some sort of logic to this methodology other than it just being recommended?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Actually it is. Have you heard of Google? 5x5 is a great way to add strength and size. What you seem to have is more of a bbing routine. You stated that you wanted to add mass right? Squat, dead, bench and OHP plus food = mass

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic