Members
Latest Member
jacobss

5/3/1 for Bjj/mma

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I hope it's not too late for me to chime in. Also train BJJ ( people belt) and MMA.

You should look into a conjugate type training method. Alternating your volume. I would use bands and chains on the days you use higher volume.

Also HIITs really help. I do a lot of sprinting. You should start that and each week give your self less time between each sprint to recover. That will reflect tremendously between rounds when you can recover much faster.

Hill sprints are great. Stadiums are even better imho. You can wear an old gi top you don't care about and run the stadiums with the gi top on. Sled pulls are good for hip strength which is crucial as well.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I agree with BI on pretty much everything here. With what you do the strength will take care of itself. The main aspects are muscular endurance and cardio. Grip strength is critical especially when competing gi. I do a combination of bear grips, deadlift holds for time, farmers walk with dumbbells and pull ups with an old gi over the bar. I'm old school Gracie Jiu-jitsu so I tend to play the lazy man's game and use my weight a lot until I'm ready to explode.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic