Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

495x10 deads @ 205bw

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Awesome work brother! 600 will fly off the floor for you! You got it no problem.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Again....thanks guys! Lots of pressure now to "put up or shut up". That is a good thing though!

Thinking about doing a sim-meet on thurs or fri. (experimenting with my lifts and progression leading up to some heavier singles). Then I have a full week off till the comp on May 4th.

I will be sure to update...good or bad. (hopefully only good at this point!)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Again....thanks guys! Lots of pressure now to "put up or shut up". That is a good thing though!

Thinking about doing a sim-meet on thurs or fri. (experimenting with my lifts and progression leading up to some heavier singles). Then I have a full week off till the comp on May 4th.

I will be sure to update...good or bad. (hopefully only good at this point!)

I wouldn't. That will stress your CNS and you want more than a week to recover from really heavy singles. Just be patient and save it for the meet on May 4th.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I wouldn't. That will stress your CNS and you want more than a week to recover from really heavy singles. Just be patient and save it for the meet on May 4th.

OK. That makes sense. Is it worth it to do anything? (light work....50-60%) Or just take more time off.

Can I train other bodyparts hard and not affect my deads?

Meet is next Sat the 4th.

Thanks for the experience on this. It is very helpful and my ears are wide open and listening! I know I dont know jack about prepping for a meet. I am just used to going into the gym and lifting stuff....but never in a comp.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
OK. That makes sense. Is it worth it to do anything? (light work....50-60%) Or just take more time off.

Can I train other bodyparts hard and not affect my deads?

Meet is next Sat the 4th.

Thanks for the experience on this. It is very helpful and my ears are wide open and listening! I know I dont know jack about prepping for a meet. I am just used to going into the gym and lifting stuff....but never in a comp.

This is what I would do. I'd pull singles and end with your last warm up you'd take before you step on the platform for your first attempt. I'd take it easy on assisting movements to.

You want to be 100% and rearing to lift the day of the meet.

Last edited:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
This is what I would do. I'd pull singles and end with your last warm up you'd take before you step on the platform for your first attempt. I'd take it easy on assisting movements to.

You want to be 100% and rearing to lift the day of the meet.

Will do. I will do exactly that! Thanks for the advice. Thank you!

Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu

Apr 21, 2013
Awesome settles the debate "heavy weight or higher reps." Both!

You should hit 600 fairly easily, as I could only (many years ago) hit 8 reps w/ 495, and hit 600 as a 1rm.

JOMO

JOMO

Jul 5, 2012
Awesome strength! Kicks some a** at the meet.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
funny, i never got to know my true pr, solid pulls bro!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic