Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

42 y/o- looking to try AAS- again. Advice wanted

W

Wolfnicks

Dec 18, 2012
Hey guys. Well, here it goes. I'll do my best to give you all the information in this post to elicit the best advice the experts here have to give.

My background can be found in my intro in the New Member intro section (posted Dec 2nd), including my limited experience with AAS, but to summarize the basics here:

• 42 y/o, 43 in 17 days
  • 6'
  • 195-200#s depending on the day. Thanksgiving weekend seems to have pushed me to 200 again :-(
    • I was about 180# for years. The 200# I am now is with a much better BF% that I was at 180#
  • BF is about 17%- haven't been measured in awhile, so not totally sure
  • My diet is cleaner than most people I know, but still not 100%, especially compared the people ill meet here im sure. I know how to eat healthy and can do it when I want. Just need to crank up the will power.
  • I don't know my marco's, that isn't something Ive been super successful at tracking on a regular basis, other than getting at least my body weight in protein.

Regarding my AAS experience, I started with orals (Anavar-totally messed up my sleep- wont use it again), but did see some results. Moved to injections- started with Test at 250mg every 7 days, then every 5 days, then just kept upping the does every 3-4 weeks. Was eventually up to about 750mg every 5- 7 days. No real rhyme or reason, I freely admit. Just saw better results when I upped the dose. The last 7 weeks or so I was also taking Deca with it (test + Deca 750 MG total, not each).

At any rate, saw results- went from 175 to 215 at my peak, run out of stuff, couldn't get more, including anything for PCT, so it was a cold turkey stop. I lost most, but not all, my size and strength. I don't THINK I had any real bad side effects, other than my mood kinda sucked for a few months before it went back to normal (normal for me!). Had blood work done a few months ago and everything was A-ok. Had doc test my Test levels and he said it was "normal". In 2013, when I was pinning, it was "though the roof"- nurses words when she called with the results. LOL

So, like most everyone else, I'm looking for advice on where to go from here. There is so much information out there, hard to know whats best. Basically 2 questions that I'll keep simple:

1. If I were to use AAS again, what do you recommend? Let me know if you need any more information from me to answer this. Im not looking to get massively huge, but do want to bulk now and then cut for summer.

2. I can't seem to find a way to obtain stuff in my area (I've been trying, but no luck at all), so I may need to go the "designer steroid" route. I've talked to someone I trust and he said the stuff you can get from Black Stone Labs or Iron Mag labs is decent stuff and does work if you use it right, though knowing its not the same as AAS. What are your opinions on that stuff- just reading stuff here, some guys say it works, others say its garbage.

Looking forward to your advice. PMs are fine and welcomed.

Thanks Guys!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would suggest a couple things...

First get the bloodwork from the doc. The actual paper. Let us know total test free test LH FSH and estradiol. Some docs use bullshit scales and judgements for normal. Don't trust him.

Second don't try and cycle with Blackstone labs orals. That won't work like a test injection will. Btw iron mag labs now makes research chems like clomid and nolva for pct that are getting good reviews.

As far as what to use I would suggest just testosterone. Test only cycles are great. Just run 750mg every week for 12 to 14 weeks.

Try and find HCG.

Also keep in mind it is possibly that at your age you may not recover from the cycle even with a good PCT. You may need test for life

Reactions: DF
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's too bad you didn't properly plan yout your PCT on your first cycle. That is likely one reason you lost almost all your gains. You want to do some research on an effective PCT strategy and have everything in place ahead of time. That way, if you gain 10 pounds of lean mass on your cycle, you keep it all, or at least most of it. HCG throughout the cycle (e.g., 500IUs once per week) is a good idea as well.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
for someone new to AAS 750 EW is too high IMO... you will be fine at 500

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

FWIW, I agree completely. Hell at 6' 195 and 17%bf he has a TON of natural potential still left in him. That puts you at 180lb @ 10%bf. (very undeveloped) I personally believe you should at least learn to train and build naturally first otherwise you will always be dependent on outside substances for your physique. You need to learn to eat and train right.

I dont believe that all your loss was poor PCT. I would suggest you just dont know how to supply right (read eat) and your training leaves something to be desired. I say this from personal experience. After my head injury it took my 3 years to figure out I had low-t. (I was actually below the bottom of the scale for years following my accident). My gym progress however was great. I was the biggest I have ever been in my life and the strongest. (I just had other issues which after some testing figured out I had low-t).

I can only give my opinion, but unless you plan on being a powerlifter and are not worried about physique, 17%bf is fat. It is far far from an ideal starting point of a cycle where you would want to be in a constant surplus state. It leaves you very little room to overeat. Hell....you will finish off over 20%bf. The higher bf also leads to more estrogen conversion....etc. Like I said....if just being "big" is your goal.....go for it. Everyone has different goals and I respect guys perusing powerlifting and size AND bodyfat benefit that pursuit. It did not sound like that was your goal.

Not busting your balls at all. And I also agree with IC....if you do go that route, start small.

Last edited:
gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
I'm 10 years older then you. Much shorter too. Well, I'm shorter then everyone it seems. I truley beleive that 200mg a week will keep your test levels plenty high.

Then focus on training and nutrition. These are the building blocks. Not the AAS part. Then add some lean mass. Lower the BF and take a look again at the cycle in 6 months.

Lastly I see you are from Pitts Pa. Dude just so you know that is a BIG body building area. You should be able to find some dudes there that can locate a few bottles of Test for you. Better yet, go to your doc and ask if he can put you on TRT.

Best of luck in whatever you do.
GC

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
i was going to suggest test at 500mg per week. that was my first three cycles and i saw great gains when i increased my calories and protein intake. i would also find a low T clinic or ask your doctor for testosterone replacement....good luck and let us know your results

W

Wolfnicks

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks for the advice, everyone (and for the very delayed follow up).

So, for what is worth, I had my body fat tested couple weeks ago (calipers) and i was closer to 14 than 17%, which I was glad to hear.

Test results from doc:

Testo BIND GLOB 23
TESTOSTEP TOTAL: 551

I feel I do eat and train right most of the time, I'm far from perfect with it though, but eat still better than 95% of the GENERAL population. I know it need to clean it up though.

I feel I've gone the natural route quite awhile and been realistic and dedicated about it and still haven't gained the muscle I wanted too- I track measurements and would never see any changes. Not sure if its a genetic thing, low T or I just wasn't eating enough or what. I really don't feel it was a lack of proper training. I even hired a trainer and REALLY cleaned up my eating and didn't gain much muscle over that 6 month period. Did lose fat though.

When I experimented with AAS, I finally saw results. After talking to a couple people, I know (or think) I probably went too much too fast. I got impatient at first, but when when I saw results, I kept upped the dose. The results I saw were very noticeable increased strength and then the muscle. Then of course, I ran out and my guy was out of commission (he was in hospital for months) and I couldn't get more test or PCT.

To the question about physique, my goal is to add size, not be shredded and have a 6 pack (I had a nice little "4 pack" when I used Anavar) but I was happiest and most motivated when I was 215# even though I didn't have as flat of a stomach anymore. Definitely got me more attention too!

All this may be mute though, because I still haven't found anyone. I live about an hr outside of Pittsburgh in the country and use the local Y, I'm not able to use a big or popular gym in the city where I might be able to network more.

Oh, and i did get some Halo Elite before it was banned, but haven't noticed any real change. Just finished 1 bottle, onto the 2nd, but then Ill need to try something else.

Thanks again everyone
~Wolfnicks

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
..... and still haven't gained the muscle I wanted too- I track measurements and would never see any changes.

Your intake is the issue. PERIOD. If you are not seeing any scale changes, you simply are not eating enough. If muscle gain is your goal, once out of the newbie gains, you have to eat to gain muscle. I am not talking about old school "bulking". (adding 40+lbs and eating like a pig). No...eating a simple surplus daily while training hard and getting proper rest. A nice 250-300 cal daily surplus you can run for 4-5 months.

There is a simple truth that is undeniable......if you eat at a surplus, YOU WILL GAIN WEIGHT. Now how much is fat and how much is muscle is dependent on several things. At your height and weight, you are well under the mass most could carry naturally on your frame. (but nature is a bell curve and it is possible you may be on the lower end). STILL, if you have not tried eating right, you are leaving a lot on the table.

AAS will help, but they are not magic either. Learning to eat properly will benefit you there when and if you want to go back. It will make everything you do more effective. Simply using AAS as a crutch because you dont want to take the time to learn to eat right will guarantee one thing. You will never hold on to what you gain unless you never go off.

Learn to eat right and train...>>>THEN if you want make the jump to AAS

Again....if the scale does not move a lb every 2 weeks, you are doing it wrong. PERIOD. (some bulk more aggressively but .5lb/week is a nice spot)

W

Wolfnicks

Dec 18, 2012
Understood. Thanks for the candid advice and taking the time to reply. Im working very hard to eat clean and get the right number of calories in. We'll see what the next few months bring me.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011

Completely agree with this man.

There is nothing you need than a simple,meat & potatoes Test cycle.Fine tune your diet and training and run an 8-10 wk cycle of Test E 500mg/ml split into 2 shots a week and you'll do fine.

Make sure you purchase all compounds for pct.Nolva and Clomid have always worked great for me and many others.With a basic Test cycle,those are all you should really need.Adex during cycle if needed to help control bloating but thats it.

Bionixx

Bionixx

MuscleHead
Dec 6, 2011
I'd do test at 250-500mg/wk for 6-8 weeks then winstrol last 21 days followed with toremifene for pct. A KISS cycle. simple and sweet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic