Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

35 and finally ready!

N

Novyx

Dec 5, 2013
Hi all glad to be part of the den. I have been married for 8 years now and not one week has gone by where my wife hasn't suggested or hinted that I should hit the gym. Well after seeing some impressive before and afters on twitter and some re tweeted advice from your site here I am. I am 5'7" 150 dressed with shoes on. Guessing about 15% BF. I have been the same weight and build sense 22. I have on purpose tried to gain weight (fat) I ate nothing but fast food 4 times per day for 6 months and nothing. My body seems to "push it out" as fast as I put it in. some things I would like advice on are a good way to measure BF and where to start diet/supplement wise would be killer. I will try to find a pic to post as my start off point. Joining the gym friday also going supplement hunting as well I know its short notice but any advice would be awesome.

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Welcome to the Den! I wish you well in your quest.

B

brazey

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Welcome to the community. Proper eating is most important.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Welcome to the Den. Diet is more than half of what you need to succeed.

N

Novyx

Dec 5, 2013
Thank you all, I have been researching bulk up diets all night. I work midnights and have time to kill.

mountain monster

mountain monster

Dec 16, 2011
Welcome to the den! Diet is always key and definitely not meaning fast food fats.... Eat clean with a lot of healthy carbs and as far as fat goes I shoot for .5 grams per pound of body fat a day when bulking. That's not just any fats though I try to limit myself to dominantly healthy fats always. Nuts ect. A good weight gainer goes along way as well when you start lifting hard. I prefer mass tech by muscle tech but there's plenty of choices out there. And protein protein protein! Chicken, and fish are a huge staple in my diet daily but rarely ever fried. These are Just some fast tips from me, I'm sure many many members here will have great advice for what works for them as well.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Best way to measure fat IMO for someone who is just looking to be in shape is just use the calipers. Have someone who knows what they are doing do it though. Not sure how to tell if they know what they are doing though lol

If you want to get very accurate google bod pod and find a location near you. Usually universities have them.

Welcome to the Den :)

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Keeping track of your calories and macros might be of help as well. In my experience, most people tend to mostly underestimate or sometimes overestimate how much they are eating. I've a couple of friends who lost some weight just by tracking their food (not exercising, nor changing what they eat). A utility like My Fitness Pal (it's what I use) or Lose It - with websites and apps could help here.

Good luck on your goals and welcome to the den.

N

Novyx

Dec 5, 2013
Wow loads of good advice guys thank you for being so helpful. I nearly mimicked the bulking up on a budget meals for this week about 235 G protein 3400 calories per day. And I'm going to look into that bod pod thing for sure. Also how do I get the pics to fit it keeps telling me they are to big.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic