Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

2nd cycle of anavar

khulk

khulk

TID Lady Member
Nov 9, 2011
I won't bump up to the max that was never my intention just wanted to know the max cause have read a few different amounts. If I was increasing it would only be by 2.5mg.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I won't bump up to the max that was never my intention just wanted to know the max cause have read a few different amounts. If I was increasing it would only be by 2.5mg.

Good thinking we want you to succeed but in a safe and sane manner:cool:

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
what were the results of your first cycle OP?

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Since this is only your 2nd cycle I would have to ponder as to why you want to run your dosing at the Maximum level?

This game is won over the long haul with years of training and dedication the drugs should be used as a tool not a crutch, I have been in this game a VERY long time low dose long term will win out EVERY time, some here may wish to argue that point but check with them in a decade or so and see if they still even train.
I encourage you to run the dosing you had success with in the past and SLOWLY build up as it becomes a necessity for you in the years to come.
Just my 2 cents best of luck to you and please try and accept advice from those that have actually used the aforementioned compounds as they will be your path to enlightenment^:)^

excellent post LG!

x 2!

khulk

khulk

TID Lady Member
Nov 9, 2011
Thank you for the solid advice. Very well written.
Quick question: I read two things about milk thistle, take it after your done your cycle or during your cycle? Which one is the best option?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Thank you for the solid advice. Very well written.
Quick question: I read two things about milk thistle, take it after your done your cycle or during your cycle? Which one is the best option?

A-var doesn't cause liver stress at the doses your taking , you can take with and after your cycle. It's a good antioxidant.
However take you some cranberry with plenty of water.

khulk

khulk

TID Lady Member
Nov 9, 2011
Drinking a ton of water but I will add some cranberry to the mix

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
A-var doesn't cause liver stress at the doses your taking , you can take with and after your cycle. It's a good antioxidant.
However take you some cranberry with plenty of water.

what is the purpose behind the cranberry shine?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
what is the purpose behind the cranberry shine?

Just a precatuion realy, the doses most women take shouldnt be any problem. Although women seem to be more prone to kidney problems than men .

Oxandrin, manufactured by Savient Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is an FDA approved
anabolic steroid (oxandrolone) used to treat involuntary weight loss caused by acute
or chronic injury, illness or infection. This anabolic steroid has the benefit of being
metabolized by maninly the kidney rather than in the liver, like the other anabolic steroids,
Robert H. Demling, M.D.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Professor of Surgery
Harvard Medical School
Boston, MA

Anabolic Steroid Oxandrolone and Rate of Catabolism in Fasciitis
Robert H. Demling, MD, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Burn and Wound Center

Oxandrolone is an anabolic steroid used for restoring lost body weight and lean mass after injury or infection. This agent is 10-fold more potent as an anabolic agent then testosterone and also has negligible androgenic or masculinizing effects. Since the kidney clears oxandrolone rather than the liver like other steroids, liver dysfunction is rare.[20-22] Oxandrolone has also been shown to decrease nitrogen loss in catabolic states, such as burns and AIDS patients.[23,24] In addition, wound healing rate, as measured by the reepithelization rate, has been shown to be increased with oxandrolone after major burn injury compared to nutrition alone.[11-13] Oxandrolone can produce modest initial water retention. However, this effect is very transient and would not have an effect on body weight at discharge.

20-Forbes G. The effect of anabolic steroids on lean body mass: The dose response curve. Metabolism 1985;34:571-3.
21-Fox M, Minot A. Oxandrolone, a potent anabolic steroid. J Clin Endocrinol 1962;2:921-6.
22-Karim A, Ranney E, Zagarella B. Oxandrolone disposition and metabolism in men. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1973;14:862-6.

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Long term use of oxandrolone in kids up to a year showing no liver problems

Effects of long-term oxandrolone administration in severely burned children*
Surgery , Volume 136 , Issue 2 , Pages 219 - 224
K . Murphy , S . Thomas , R . Mlcak , D . Chinkes , G . Klein , D . Herndon

Abstract
Severe burns cause exaggerated catabolism of muscle protein and inhibit bone deposition. Weakness and bony growth arrest interfere with rehabilitation. The purpose of this study was to determine whether oxandrolone administration for 1 year after the burn reverses muscle and bone catabolism in hypermetabolic pediatric burn patients.

Children with burns greater than 40% total body surface area were enrolled into a randomized controlled trial to receive oxandrolone as a long-term anabolic agent. All patients received similar clinical care. Subjects were studied at discharge (95% healed) and at 6, 9, and 12 months after the burn, after treatment with 0.1 mg/kg po bid or placebo. Serum hepatic transaminases were measured. Lean body mass (LBM), bone mineral content (BMC,) and bone mineral density (BMD) were measured by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry. Patients completed a safety questionnaire and were reviewed clinically at intervals.

The groups were similar in age, weight, and total body surface area burned. LBM was significantly greater with oxandrolone at 6, 9, and 12 months after the burn (P < .001) and BMC at 12 months (P < .016). Age- and gender-matched BMD z scores were significantly better with oxandrolone (P < .039). Liver transaminases were unaffected.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Another good reference showing OX is well tolerated by the liver.

1: Am J Gastroenterol. 1991 Sep;86(9):1209-18.Links
A randomized, controlled trial of treatment of alcoholic hepatitis with parenteral nutrition and oxandrolone. II. Short-term effects on nitrogen metabolism, metabolic balance, and nutrition.Bonkovsky HL, Singh RH, Jafri IH, Fiellin DA, Smith GS, Simon D, Cotsonis GA, Slaker DP.
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia.

Patients with moderately severe or severe alcoholic hepatitis, described in a companion paper in this issue, had serial studies of energy and protein metabolism and elemental balances before and during treatment for 21 days with one of four randomly assigned regimens: 1) standard therapy, consisting of abstinence, a balanced, nutritionally adequate diet, and multivitamins; 2) oxandrolone (20 mg orally four times a day) plus standard therapy; 3) nutritional supplementation, consisting of 2 liters of 3.5% crystalline amino acids in 5% dextrose given by peripheral vein (PPN) plus standard therapy; and 4) a combination of the other three treatments. Dietary and intravenous intakes and weights were recorded daily, and weekly averages were calculated. Anthropometric measurements and blood studies were done weekly; blood studies included white blood cell counts and differentials, serum prealbumin, transferrin, and total protein and plasma aminograms. Four-days complete balance studies and measures of 15N,1-13C-leucine metabolism also were performed at baseline and after the treatment period. Major findings were as follows: a) Intakes of total calories and protein were significantly higher in PPN-treated than in other groups. b) All patients had positive elemental balances, both at baseline and at the end of the treatment period. However, those treated with PPN (with or without oxandrolone) had higher positive balances of nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium, indicating improvement in lean body mass. c) Anthropometric measurements showed no significant changes, but measures of the visceral protein compartment (serum prealbumin, transferrin, total protein, total lymphocyte count) improved significantly with time. For most of these variables, increases were significantly greater in those treated with PPN with or without oxandrolone than in the other groups. However, for prealbumin, the increase was greatest in the oxandrolone-treated group d) PPN treatment produced dramatic increases in levels of branched-chain amino acids and improvement in the ratio of plasma branched chain to aromatic amino acids. Other treatments had no effect on plasma aminograms. e) Metabolism of 15N,1-13C-leucine was normal and was not affected significantly by treatment. Therapy with PPN and/or oxandrolone was tolerated well. We conclude that PPN has favorable effects on energy and protein metabolism in florid alcoholic hepatitis; oxandrolone has lesser effects, although it may exert some additional action and particularly increases serum prealbumin levels. The results support the use of nutritional supplementation in therapy of moderately severe or severe alcoholic hepatitis.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic