Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

220kg bench(eq) at 88kg

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Good job handling the weight.

If you get your handoff guy to push your belt down as you set up it'll help you get your belly and arch up more.

Leave the collar up high and break with a little more speed and it should touch at that weight.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011

If you get your handoff guy to push your belt down as you set up it'll help you get your belly and arch up more.

Leave the collar up high and break with a little more speed and it should touch at that weight.

thanks man! Im taking in as much advice as I can to try touch next session, just scared to try since I dont have a power rack and dont have the option of sufficient spotters really...might have to give up on equipped lifting till I can join a new gym even :/

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011

il try! how much difference does jacking the shirt really make?

zeevolution

zeevolution

Sep 29, 2013
i was surprised to not see spotters on each side. but you made it look easy
nice bro.

U

Usealittle

Feb 15, 2012
Only thing I would have to say bad about that lift is the spotter.... He needs to much closer and ready to act him being that far away it would be on your face or neck before he knew it. I dumped 466 on my face (almost) in a meet but the spotters when doin here job and saved my pretty face. Lol just have that guy get closer. The dump was my fault, shirt was way to jacked for that little weight.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Nice work with big weight, props.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
il try! how much difference does jacking the shirt really make?

Every shirt and lifter is different, it's also different depending on what weights you're handling.

For me, at 800+ it almost doesn't matter where the collar is as long as the sleeves are all the way up. It's almost easier at that point because the shirt isn't choking me.
With the collar up I usually open in the mid-700s and can, if I'm really feeling sadistic, touch around 600.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
thanks a lot guys!! I FINALLY learned how to touch in my last session, got as low as 180kg to touch, and just did that for ages the whole session to nail in the technique haha

here is the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7BMU04gJP8

Now that I can touch weights in it I will have to see what I can do next session, and I can compete equipped now in the comp in 12 days so I am delighted!! thanks for all the help again guys really appreciate it!!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Great to hear ( and see)...... good luck at your contest. Hopefully with a good competition bench you'll be able to get a bigger arch and get an easier touch. Your strength looks good. That press was fast.

Nice job.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic