Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

2013 Olympia - My top 15 predictions for the Mr. Olympia and why

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
MY TOP 15 PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2013 MR. OLYMPIA AND WHY…

1st- Phil Heath will win again simply because has a more refined, finished and polished physique than Kai…

Kai Greene 2nd- In addition to the facts above, the judges will always have trouble with Kai winning in light of his jaded past; too bad…

Big Ramy 3rd- Ramy creates a big problem for the judges because let’s face it; making politically correct decisions is part of the judging process. Nevertheless, Ramy will be so overpowering that the judges will have no choice but to put him no less than 3rd over Jay; and to prevent a riot…

Jay Cutler 4th- Jay will go out in Coleman-esque fashion with a 4th place finish, which will be part gift / part deserved. Jay will look good for sure, but he will have needed to be in 2001 conditioning in order to have a chance here; again he fails to do that. Not only that, his physique now appears mediocre against the likes of the top 3…

Dexter Jackson 5th- Dex has found a formula to re-invent himself toward the end of his career and will ride that wave right into this show. Dex makes a great showing here and all things considered, should be very proud of a 5th place finish in such a tough line up…

Shawn Rhoden 6th- Though Rhoden is bigger, shapelier and more symmetrical than Dexter, he will not match Dexter’s grainy hardness and conditioning giving Dex the edge…

Dennis Wolf 7th- This will be Dennis at his best, but even that is not enough to beat this lineup. While we see a vastly improved Dennis, the same issues that have plagued him throughout his career are still there…

Victor Martinez 8th- Victor will be a shade improved over his Toronto win with a little more size with the same hardness. But these improvements simply do not keep up with the improvements of the rest of the competition…

Branch Warren 9th- The judges like Branch. But in a stacked lineup such as this, they are forced to face the fact that despite his mass and hardness, Branch’s structural flaws and battle worn physique do not merit a placing over any of the above named individuals. Not anymore…

Roelly Winklaar 10th- Will be as conditioned as he’s ever been here and probably deserves the 9th spot. But again, due to political correctness; they won’t place him over Branch…

Evan Centopani 11th- There is no doubt that Evan will come in at his best here. Anywhere else he’s a winner, but here he just doesn’t stand out… The competition here is just that good.

Lionel Beyeke 12th- He will be harder than at the Wings of Strength, but still not enough to crack the top 10…

Brandon Curry 13th- Like Evan, anywhere else he’s a winner, but in this line up, even a conditioned Roelly Winklaar only ends up only in 10th!!…

Tony Freeman 14th- It is what it is… May even get beat by a stellar European...

Cedric McMillan- Wild card; I am holding out on my prediction for Cedric because he has been too inconsistent lately to tell, but even if he comes in at his very best he will be hard pressed to make the top 6 here…

J

Jada

Aug 10, 2012
I agree 100% with u, I would like to add that big ramy in a couple of yrs I say 3, will give phil huge problems

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
Great prediction id say jay cutler wins 3rd. Just cause hes effin jay cutler. Lets go Jay!!!

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I think you're underrating branch. Last year he did the Arnold and got stuck in a mix that only focused on the olympia. I think he makes a better showing this year.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I also think you are underestimating Cedric! And personally I can see Cutler creeping into 3rd place.

Will be an interesting one for sure!

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
We might loose phil behind ramy and I hope he doesn't pull that shit with over stepping the judging line.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Those predictions are pretty reasonable. I'd be surprised if Ramy goes that high, for the simply, crappy reason that he hasn't paid his dues. He may not even crack the top 5. I like Rhoden over Dexter, simply because he has a great flow to his physique. I do agree that Dex likely beats him on conditioning. Crazy that Winklaar and Centapani end up that low, but it's a pretty stacked lineup.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Big Ramy is so impressive.

I would bet he's the future Mr. O soon.

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
No B Pak? Hmmm

He hasnt won a show, they changed the prerequisite to qualify for the olympia now. You must win a pro show in order to be on the olymppia stage

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Oh I haven't been following it closely in the last year

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Ya I would have to agree with the list but Ramey has some amazing shoulders and legs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic