Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

2 soldiers die from Jacked energy supplement

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
sad whether it is related to DMAA or not. You know they say people die from the energy drinks too....

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I have some serious distaste for that article ....

As far as I knew manufacturers have pulled dmaa from their products ....

And ephedra after being banned was concluded as safe and released again , the conclusion was people's errors caused reactions not the compound itself ... I have a feeling we Will find the same with DMAA

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

And ephedra after being banned was concluded as safe and released again , the conclusion was people's errors caused reactions not the compound itself ... I have a feeling we Will find the same with DMAA

I think this is true with most anything in life

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I just took two scoops today and im still alive. Jacked isnt so bad but Craze is rough. That stuff makes me feel suicidal.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Supplement companies were super scumbags when it came to being honest about what this stuff actually is. Geranium root my ass. This isn't some herbal supplement.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I skimmed it. whatever.

When I was in the Corps my Senior DI would tell us recruits about how him and his buddies would pop 10 caps of ripped fuel before a PFT (physical fitness test). This was all before ephedrine was banned. I'd question the amount they took, deployment history, exposures in combat (DU or other airborne garbage), and overall fitness. The Army is notoriously fat and overweight.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
I skimmed it. whatever.

When I was in the Corps my Senior DI would tell us recruits about how him and his buddies would pop 10 caps of ripped fuel before a PFT (physical fitness test). This was all before ephedrine was banned. I'd question the amount they took, deployment history, exposures in combat (DU or other airborne garbage), and overall fitness. The Army is notoriously fat and overweight.

Yup. I remember taking a handful of hydroxycut back when it was the real deal/ I was bouncing at a club. I was wired and couldn't speak. Then they take the E out and claim it's the new improved formula with no ephedra and it's stronger.
DMMA is week compared to other RC, but take enough of it and you'll feel it . Take it with caffeine and it's even better. I haven't used supps in over 15yrs. I tried jacked2d and it's for real.
USP labs just settled a class action lawsuit out of San Diego and agreed to pay 2 million dollars. That's nothing. They have a new jacked called jacked3d micro which has no DMMA. I'm lucky enough to know one of the head guys and he sent me some of the original. I thought it would be shit. I tried it, and now he's sending me a bunch out of one of their warehouses. I asked to pay, and he said that it would cheapen the gift. Sometimes I get lucky.

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012

Some have, not all. The FDA sent a 'warning' letter to 10 supp companies (USP Labs being one) w/ DMAA in their pwo because they had not filed the proper paperwork allowed to market a "new dietary ingredient". It is still made and readily available by other supp companies (E-pharm for example, company run by P.A. who brought DMAA based supps into the market.

Agreed

Some responses in bold above

Tragic? Absolutely. Can you place 100% blame on a supplement that caused their death? No. What was their family history? Personal medical history? What was the dose that was taken (it says "recommended" but really how much? Had they previously tried Jack3d? There are too many possible contributing factors and unanswered questions to point the finger at one single entity.

I will not argue that DMAA/Jack3d can be safe if abused (like all things moderation is key). The biggest area of concern with DMAA is unknown long term effects as it is a relatively "new" compound to the supplement industry.

I've never read a direct study dictating the safety of DMAA based preworkouts but empirical evidence by the thousands of user reviews you can read anywhere on the internet suggest the dosage of DMAA in those supps is on the right side of the fence concerning a safe dosage.

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
Supplement companies were super scumbags when it came to being honest about what this stuff actually is.

Now theres a true statement if I've ever read one. That is such a huge gray area when supp companies market a product in such an inaccurate way that it has no reflection of what it actually is or what it actually does.

There is some weight to your statement of Geranium Root not being an herbal supplement, as I've read studies that showed it had nothing to do with the geranium flower.

Another perfect example is looking back to the "good ole days" concerning OTC steroids (M1T, SuperDrol, Haladrol etc). Never once did I see a supplement company properly market what those products actually were. And the BS suggestions on the back of the bottle to run an otc PCT, nothing about support supps and its no wonder why they have a bad rep.

There is a lot of opportunity for the supplement industry to not be shady m'fers concerning what their products are and what they actually do, and until they straighten their act out the media/general public will always have it out for them. Thank god we're all "enlightened" individuals here @ TID :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic