Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Test 'Flu'

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Always wondered why but never actually looked into why. I found this part of an article about what causes ''test flu''.

'Sustanon flu' or 'sus flu' is a fairly common occurrence when using testosterone. The problem has been given this name by some users who experience flu-like symptoms upon commencing a testosterone cycle. It's worth noting that this problem is primarily associated with short esterified testosterones such as Propionate (including Sustanon which include a Prop/Phenylprop ester), though is possible in reality from any testosterone ester. Although there are varying opinions which suggest a cause for this issue, the properties and effects of testosterone metabolite Etiocholanone make it appear particularly plausible. Etiocholanone is a pyrogen and elevations in circulatory levels are associated with feverish effects. Propionate as we know is a fast acting ester resulting in a rapid elevation in testosterone and thus etiocholanone levels. It's certainly possible that this rapid increase results in some users experiencing flu-like symptoms during the early stages of a cycle.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Me and a friend were both running sustanon and he had test flu and i was fine. He also gets the flu EVERY time he starts a prop cycle. I been lucky not to experience it (fingers crossed)

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Yes the majority of Test flu is caused by Etiocholanolone (or aetiocholanolone) which is one of the metabolites of testosterone. IS a ketosteroid, it causes fever, immunostimulation and leukocytosis.

Faster this metabolite E converts do to faster peaking esters like Prop you get the Test flu worse.

Not all convert E at the same rate, BioChem Individuality of course. SO some don't get the Test flu as bad or at all.

(now IF your test has toxins in it giving you a fever is another possibility with there being shady UGLs out there these days)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
(now IF your test has toxins in it giving you a fever is another possibility with there being shady UGLs out there these days)

And you would tell the difference by what? Duration?

Sep 11, 2012
Anytime you are injecting anything into your body your chemistry changes as well as immune system. Always take multi vitamins and some other immune building supps. Vitamin c is essential. The more the better and what your body doesn't take in it pisses it out. No big deal. Sometimes I get test flu that doesn't go away for weeks no matter what I do, but I still stay with the vitamins and supps to keep it on the low end of the flu. Sometimes I won't get it. Since I'm on hrt year round it has been a very long time since I had it. Good luck and stay healthy.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I kinda wondered how every one else responds to it. I get a slight odd test feel but not bad, usually goes away in a week or two. How long you guys feel it?

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Only time I ever got it was from Vision pharm aka phoenix labs test 300, it was contaminated badly, my ARM swelled horribly I used doxicyllin and threw that shit away.

Sep 11, 2012
Everything I get is Watson from the doc and I had it bad twice last year all within a 2.5 month period then no more. Knock on wood. I got it the first bottle of enanthate I ever took, but it only lasted 3 days and I was 16 in prime condition. My bodybuilder buddies used to tell me that's when you know it's working. Don't know if I buy that now but alot of times it happens and I know it's from the injectables. When your body is introduced to a synthetic hormone tons of things change keep that in mind. Good luck, be safe and BLOODWORK

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I can't take prop, it's the liquid devil for me. I run a fever and feel like I got hit with a bag of rocks. Have tried 3 different kinds on 3 different occasions with always the same result.

Ser

Ser

Oct 10, 2012
hmmm interesting! i am surrounded by test fuelled men and they do claim test flu...but there is always a flu bug going round at the same time, i live in Scotland, in the cooollldddd AND have young kids so get letters from school (where the heating is turned up and its moist heat, perfect breeding ground for germs, just like in a gym) letting you know that X amount of children have been off sick and these are the symptoms they have had, followed by how long they want us to keep the kids home should they show any signs. For many years i believed the other half about test flu, then after kids went to school and nursery and started recieving these letters i wondered if it was just a 'bug that was going round' that they were experiencing, being bred in sweaty moist atmospheres like a gym...maybe slight lowering of the immune system?

Would love to see some conclusive relults on this, through large test subject numbers, some who live almost secluded lives, no contact with known area's of the spreading of germs etc as well as gym goers and office workers etc.

I might be a bit critical, but thats just me, until something is mostly black n white i remain undecided and open minded. Improbable isn't impossible...and likely...well, that often turns out to be not so likely.
I have never experienced(myself or those that surround me) the 'usual' roid rage/detatchment/agressiveness cr@p, if you are an asshole you will use it as an excuse to be a bigger asshole, alcohol causes the same misconception. Yeah, the physical effects i do not doubt (in the majority, have proven a few wrong over the years) Just accept i am a bit sceptical for the time being please and humour my critical nature:) thats not to say some people don't experience this, just that in my experience i haven't seen it....but my life revolves around the gym scene, bb'ing, strength athletes, athletics athletes, rugby players etc.

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
That n Sust are a no go with me. I tried some endoysin a long ways back and ended up chucking it might as well really be sick. Now I get it bout 3 days lightly, nothing serious then I'm gtg. Funny how compounds effect everyone differently , I know some guys that love prop even with the constant pinning which is another reason for not using it!

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
hmmm interesting! i am surrounded by test fuelled men and they do claim test flu...but there is always a flu bug going round at the same time, i live in Scotland, in the cooollldddd AND have young kids so get letters from school (where the heating is turned up and its moist heat, perfect breeding ground for germs, just like in a gym) letting you know that X amount of children have been off sick and these are the symptoms they have had, followed by how long they want us to keep the kids home should they show any signs. For many years i believed the other half about test flu, then after kids went to school and nursery and started recieving these letters i wondered if it was just a 'bug that was going round' that they were experiencing, being bred in sweaty moist atmospheres like a gym...maybe slight lowering of the immune system?

Would love to see some conclusive relults on this, through large test subject numbers, some who live almost secluded lives, no contact with known area's of the spreading of germs etc as well as gym goers and office workers etc.

I might be a bit critical, but thats just me, until something is mostly black n white i remain undecided and open minded. Improbable isn't impossible...and likely...well, that often turns out to be not so likely.
I have never experienced(myself or those that surround me) the 'usual' roid rage/detatchment/agressiveness cr@p, if you are an asshole you will use it as an excuse to be a bigger asshole, alcohol causes the same misconception. Yeah, the physical effects i do not doubt (in the majority, have proven a few wrong over the years) Just accept i am a bit sceptical for the time being please and humour my critical nature:) thats not to say some people don't experience this, just that in my experience i haven't seen it....but my life revolves around the gym scene, bb'ing, strength athletes, athletics athletes, rugby players etc.

LOL, True lil rugrats are germ factories !!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic