Remy14
What's New?

Halo’s old guy comeback journal 2024

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
9 May Thu

Had to break things into two workouts my w/o partner had to go to work. After we finished up I went to my other gym and finished up.

Chest Shoulders and Tri's

Superset
Barbell Bench press
4 X 10 X 145
Skull crushers
4 X 15 X 45

Superset
Incline DB Bench Press
4 X 10 X 60
Rope Cable push downs
4 X 10 X 40

104 degree hot tub for 30 min

Incline DB Fly's
4 X 10 X 35

Flat DB Bench
4 X 10 X 60

Flat DB Fly's
4 X 10 X 30. super slow big stretch and pauses

Barbell lat pullover on the flat bench
4 X 5 X 30 EZ curl bar flat bench starting at a press then allowing the weight to go over my head and possibly beyond straight stretching all of the labrum and shoulder problem areas as well as the chest

Seated DB side raises (both of the shoulder exercises were no momentum slow up squeeze pause for 2-3 seconds at the top then down slow)
4 X 10 X 15

Seated DB front raises
4 X 10 X 15

Short Bar cable push downs
4 X 10 X 60

Using the same bar between sets with 90lbs extending my hands and the bar fully vertical over my head and holding stretching all the broken things in my shoulders and labrum area

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
10 May Fri

Back and Bi's

This ended up being a great workout. My w/o partner couldn't go this morning so I had to go to plan B gym. Exercise weights are going up slowly but surely the form and speed are still very good, not sacrificing to go up in weight.

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
4 X 10 X 130

Close Grip Lat Pulldowns
4 X 10 X 130

Rope Face Pulls
4 X 10 X 70

Kroc Rows
4 X 10 X 75

Straight Leg DB Deadlifts
4 X 10 X 75

EZ Curl Bar Curls. I'm kind of shocked at the dormant vascularity popping up today forearms and biceps are waking up I like it!
4 X 10 X 50

Seated Alternating DB Concentration Curls
4 X 10 X 20

Still eating good I can tighten up the snacking a bit but the recomp results are becoming more visible. I'm still fighting the bloat but all of the core stabilizing being done during these workouts is making a difference I hope it continues to get progressively better.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
11 May Sat

Wheels

Hack Squat Machine (Numbers up significantly today I'm going to start pressuring the wheels my past has always been rooted in powerful legs so here we go)
4 X 10 X 300

Leg Extensions
4 X 10 X 130 super hard pauses to failure at end of sets

Hamstring Curl
4 X 10,10,8,9 X 130

Couldn't do Leg Press too many people

BW Lunges (Thought these were off the table but after this start I'm sure these are back on and going to be important to strengthening the stabilizing muscles around my F'd knee)
4 X 10 X BW

As I start to put some pressure on the wheels happy thoughts of Tampa Barbell pass through my mind of eating an apple fritter on my way to a Saturday squat beat down working up to 700 + feeling that pressure on my spine, hips quads hams glutes. I miss those days and I'm not looking to go back but I know powerful legs help everything so it's on. I'm going to start mixing it up and treating them a little different from the approach to the rest of my body. I'm thinking conjugate like but I'm freestyling and taking it one workout at a time. I'll be keeping an eye on my knee safety and stability and pray I can stay smart to see and hear any warning signs.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
11 May Sat

Wheels

Hack Squat Machine (Numbers up significantly today I'm going to start pressuring the wheels my past has always been rooted in powerful legs so here we go)
4 X 10 X 300

Leg Extensions
4 X 10 X 130 super hard pauses to failure at end of sets

Hamstring Curl
4 X 10,10,8,9 X 130

Couldn't do Leg Press too many people

BW Lunges (Thought these were off the table but after this start I'm sure these are back on and going to be important to strengthening the stabilizing muscles around my F'd knee)
4 X 10 X BW

As I start to put some pressure on the wheels happy thoughts of Tampa Barbell pass through my mind of eating an apple fritter on my way to a Saturday squat beat down working up to 700 + feeling that pressure on my spine, hips quads hams glutes. I miss those days and I'm not looking to go back but I know powerful legs help everything so it's on. I'm going to start mixing it up and treating them a little different from the approach to the rest of my body. I'm thinking conjugate like but I'm freestyling and taking it one workout at a time. I'll be keeping an eye on my knee safety and stability and pray I can stay smart to see and hear any warning signs.
Nice work man ! Us old locomotives take time to get up to speed but once the boilers hot and roaring ,, look out !!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Nice work man ! Us old locomotives take time to get up to speed but once the boilers hot and roaring ,, look out !!

Thanks brother your workouts and inspiring and motivating me!

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Thanks brother your workouts and inspiring and motivating me!
Thank You , its humbling to say the least i've spent most of my life just being a bad example of one sort or another.

I've had some amazing online coaches for PL but never one in person so I owe everything to them. My weight training was for football and field events , im an old hammer shot n disc thrower from The Athletic Congress days just before it became USA Track n Field.

If you ever see anything in my logs or workouts that makes you wonder WTF is he doing that for ? ... just ask cus most of the time ,, im not sure either. I have no ego in this or my way or the highway bullshit , I just want to be the best at this I can be for as long as God allows me to play with iron.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great coaches make such a big difference. I have been blessed with a few incredible ones.

That being said I also know what a life changing thing it can be to workout with a real team of competitive powerlifters. I have no doubt whatsoever that if I wasn't with them I would have never been able to achieve what I did. Not that I think what I did was that great but it was pretty crazy for me from where I was previously.

I was thinking about throwing together a post in the powerlifting section roughly discussing how I ended up finding and joining the team at Tampa Barbell. I know for me I watched their website for over a year before I decided to shoot them an email and the process of going there and having no one really talk to me for a month etc. I think it's an interesting story. I think it might help any of the folks on the fence about trying to join a powerlifting gym/team. I know if I had to do it over I'd have gone a whole lot sooner. I can also talk about how nearly impossible it was for me to recreate that gym/team when I moved to Maryland. I can also talk about how it was to coach 30 powerlifters a year on the Naval Academy Team for 10 years and how that evolved over time. Just a thought

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
13 May Mon

Chest, Shoulders and Tri's

Flat BB Bench
4 X 10 X 155

Incline DB Press
4 X 10 X 60

Flat Close Grip BB Bench
4 X 10 X 135

Ez Curl Bar Skull Crushers
4 X 10 X 75

Rope Tricep Push Downs
4 X 10 X 50

Tsunami Fat Bar Wide Grip Tricep Push Downs
4 X 10 X 50

Alternating DB Front Raises 2 sec pauses at top
4 X 10 X 20

DB Side Raises
4 X 10 X 20

Prone DB Y Raises (These are going to take some effort to bring back F'd up shoulders no likeee)
4 X 10 X 10

Smith Machine Overhead Press
4 X 10 X 135

Today I felt crazy old school jacked. I'm still fat AF but progress is being made. Hopefully I'll be able to get a walk in but right now I'm pretty spent.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
13 May Mon

Walk: 5 mi felt like I had a refrigerator on my back endorphins kicked in at 4.25mi so the home stretch felt better than the rest but now I feel like a truck ran over me LOL.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
14 May Tue

Back and Bi's

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs Fat Tsunami Bar
4 X 10 X 130

Roman Chair Ab Extensions
4 X 10 X BW

Rope Face Pulls
4 X 10 X 60

Close Grip Lat Pull Downs
4 X 10 X 130

Kroc Rows
4 X 10 X 80

Standing DB Curls
4 X 10 X 20

Stiff Leg DB Deadlifts
4 X 10 X 75

Alternating Seated DB Curls
4 X 10 X 20

Standing EZ Curl wide grip
4 X 10 X 50

Elevate machine crunches (first time with these I like them we'll see how they go)
4 X 10

20 min Sauna at 194 that bad boy was cooking! JB's friend gave us some crazy Scandinavian wool cone hats that kept the brain cook down while the body got pummeled

Good workout but the rain is coming in and the human barometer feels like shattered glass everything is hurting big time LOL

Last edited:
Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
15 May Wed

Wheels

Quick workout but killed it felt brutal great pump and tremors on the way out couldn't walk right. The day called for an apple fritter but none close by. I was sure I wasn't going to walk but now considering it, definitely hot as hell out. Decreased rest between sets and exercises that made a difference.

Hack Squat Machine
4 X 10 X 320

Leg Extensions
4 X 10 X 130 with long pauses and failure pause on 10

Leg Press
4 X 10 X 620 super deep shins in good position a little click in the bad knee at depth

Hamstring Curls
4 X 10 X 120 wanted 130 but wasn't smart so I abstained :)

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Walk: I'm paying for it this evening but I got 5mi in it was roasting but it's in the books

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 4 members watching this topic

, Halo , ,