Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

Finding New Caloric Intake?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Having some recent, major issues with appetite after getting home from my workout. I try to maintain around 2100 calories per day (180 protein, 225-250 carbs, 50-70g fat), but I just cannot find consistency anymore. I am destroying all of my food on a regular basis now. It seemed to start with my low-dose Anadrol experiment, which is a good example of how differently things affect me... because most seem to lose their appetite on Anadrol. I love the Adrol. It has greatly increased the intensity and push of my workouts, but it also exacts a heavier cardiovascular and energy load. I used to be able to have little post-workout snack, which would tide me over to dinner with no fear of overeating. That no longer works. By the time I get home, I am ready to fucking eat, and it doesn't stop with dinner. I want more, and I'm easily putting down at least 2000 extra calories before the night is over. They are "clean" calories, but they are calories nonetheless. The cool thing about this is I'm finding that I can actually grow muscle (beyond the pump), but damn it takes a lot of extra energy... and I'm eating way more than I truly need, so instead of dealing with perhaps a deficit that has been too large, now it is too much a surplus. I thought I had my diet under control, but it feels like I'm right back at the beginning learning anew.

What's the process for finding the right intake for recomp when your body or circumstances change? 100 calorie increments? Of what macro's? I'm at a complete loss where I should be now. I feel like 2100 has been wrong for a long time now, because it just no longer works for fat loss. I couldn't decide whether it was now too high or too low, and now I'm feeling like it has been too low, which might explain the constant pre-Anadrol cravings and insomnia. I tried to tamp it down with Sema, but that shit just doesn't work anymore.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
The Mifflin equation is the most accurate compared to actual calorimeter testing, within about 10% for REE... the con is that the physical exertion is a bit subjective for total caloric expenditure, but it's a place to start.

Just one option of many... i've wondered the same as I'm very fat phobic but have wanted to slowly increase calories and see what I can do... My carbs are routinely around 50 grams and I know my fat and protein intake are fairly adequate, so I may try upping to 100 grams a day, the majority being post workout likely ( I know, anabolic window is cancelled now, but regardless, it still does have merit as this is the time glut-4 transporters are at the cell wall and able to take in glucose sans insulin).

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
The Mifflin equation is the most accurate compared to actual calorimeter testing, within about 10% for REE... the con is that the physical exertion is a bit subjective for total caloric expenditure, but it's a place to start.

Just one option of many... i've wondered the same as I'm very fat phobic but have wanted to slowly increase calories and see what I can do... My carbs are routinely around 50 grams and I know my fat and protein intake are fairly adequate, so I may try upping to 100 grams a day, the majority being post workout likely ( I know, anabolic window is cancelled now, but regardless, it still does have merit as this is the time glut-4 transporters are at the cell wall and able to take in glucose sans insulin).

So say I get my TDEE... what is a reasonable "deficit" for a recomp? This is probably going to be variable for each person, but I'm looking for a good point to start and will adjust from there. The BMR from that calculator is fairly close to my last Inbody, however accurate that actually is. Off (lower) by about 100 calories. I'd estimate a TDEE of 2800 calories at the moment based off the calculator and skewing it a bit on my own observations.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I think as long as youre getting 1g/lb of protein, minus 500cal/day is a good place to start.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Definitely been not eating enough then.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Having some recent, major issues with appetite after getting home from my workout. I try to maintain around 2100 calories per day (180 protein, 225-250 carbs, 50-70g fat), but I just cannot find consistency anymore. I am destroying all of my food on a regular basis now. It seemed to start with my low-dose Anadrol experiment, which is a good example of how differently things affect me... because most seem to lose their appetite on Anadrol. I love the Adrol. It has greatly increased the intensity and push of my workouts, but it also exacts a heavier cardiovascular and energy load. I used to be able to have little post-workout snack, which would tide me over to dinner with no fear of overeating. That no longer works. By the time I get home, I am ready to fucking eat, and it doesn't stop with dinner. I want more, and I'm easily putting down at least 2000 extra calories before the night is over. They are "clean" calories, but they are calories nonetheless. The cool thing about this is I'm finding that I can actually grow muscle (beyond the pump), but damn it takes a lot of extra energy... and I'm eating way more than I truly need, so instead of dealing with perhaps a deficit that has been too large, now it is too much a surplus. I thought I had my diet under control, but it feels like I'm right back at the beginning learning anew.

What's the process for finding the right intake for recomp when your body or circumstances change? 100 calorie increments? Of what macro's? I'm at a complete loss where I should be now. I feel like 2100 has been wrong for a long time now, because it just no longer works for fat loss. I couldn't decide whether it was now too high or too low, and now I'm feeling like it has been too low, which might explain the constant pre-Anadrol cravings and insomnia. I tried to tamp it down with Sema, but that shit just doesn't work anymore.
"(180 protein, 225-250 carbs, 50-70g fat)"

I'm always amazed at numbers like this. At 250 grams of carbs per day I'd have to run a marathon ever day and I'd still gain fat....lol

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Set your protein at 1 gram/lbs of body weight as the minimum. You could go up to 1.25-1.5 grams depending on if you are cutting. Since you are enhanced or on TRT, getting minimal fat intake for hormone production is not a concern. However, I still suggest keeping in 50 grams a day of dietary fats for satiety and overall health. After that, it is adjusting carbs. I prefer to do it in increments of 40-75 grams a day for my clients to see how they react. It really depends on how big they are. My smaller female clients I tend to adjust on the lower end and my 250 lbs male bodybuilders on the top end.

I also put every single one on carb cycling diets. They will have low, medium and high days based off their mesocycle and phase (growing/cutting). I haven't found one yet that it doesn't work for when they follow it.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011

I just ran my numbers with this. It's pretty much right on the money. I weigh everything.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Set your protein at 1 gram/lbs of body weight as the minimum. You could go up to 1.25-1.5 grams depending on if you are cutting. Since you are enhanced or on TRT, getting minimal fat intake for hormone production is not a concern. However, I still suggest keeping in 50 grams a day of dietary fats for satiety and overall health. After that, it is adjusting carbs. I prefer to do it in increments of 40-75 grams a day for my clients to see how they react. It really depends on how big they are. My smaller female clients I tend to adjust on the lower end and my 250 lbs male bodybuilders on the top end.

I also put every single one on carb cycling diets. They will have low, medium and high days based off their mesocycle and phase (growing/cutting). I haven't found one yet that it doesn't work for when they follow it.

I gave up quickly on carb cycling. Those low/no carb days had me feeling physically ill by mid afternoon. Plus the unexpected problem of keeping shoving my face full of food on the high carb days. Guess I should give it another go. Probably an indication of how too dependent I am on carbs that I got sick. Those macros are pretty much spot on for what I try to consume. I'll go find the numbers from your previous post on it with me.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I just ran my numbers with this. It's pretty much right on the money. I weigh everything.

I had an Inbody yesterday that measured my BMR around 1950 calories, which is off by about 200 from the equation. My original intake of 2100 calories is spot on with that calculation, though, which doesn't seem to work anymore. So I took the results from that and added 200 calories and will see how I fare. I had 2500 calories yesterday and did not have a binge, so somewhere between 2100-2500 is a tripwire to fatness.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Forgot to add, my PBF only increased by 0.1% since 6 months ago, so even accounting for error, I've not done that bad. Gained a little over three pounds of muscle. Lot of fluid weight at the moment.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Definitely been not eating enough then.
I hover around 2300-2700 calories and base it off of output for the day .I actually pulled back some calories in an attempt to drop weight and got no where with it .Added carbs back in a dropped weight .I eat a smidge more than the 1g/1lb but that's the minimum goal with protein.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic