Latest Member
AuthBoss
What's New?

hematoma healing

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
I was struck by a car riding my bike almost 2 weeks ago. I developed a large hematoma above my groin area where I got hit.

The healing is coming along decently but was curious if anyone has any experience with them and how to help heal it faster.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Guessing my hematoma was smaller than yours, and it was dissimilar from yours in that it was on my pec and from a bad aas im injection. (bad aas and bad-ass lol) Also, the problem was too high concentration, not bacterial.

I joked about it at the time ... I did not have any post injection pain ... I had during injection pain. Burned like boiling battery acid, but I was determined and finished the shot. Can't remember, but it was probably only 1.0ml, cause I was being "cautious" :rolleyes:.

Turned black within hours, about one inch across, "tender," but the searing pain was gone quickly. Still scared me, so off to the doctor I went a couple of days later (a surgeon my wife knew). I had been thinking about trying a diy needle aspiration, but I had an "in" for a quick appt so I went that route.

He took a quick look, said "just a hematoma, leave it alone, it'll be gone within 2 weeks," and it was. YOUR experience sounds like it involves more tissue insult than mine did, plus it's down there by your happy parts, but this, fwiw, was my experience.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I had a huge one on my shin from hitting it on a branch. They lanced mine open and squeezed it out then sent me home with antibiotics

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I was struck by a car riding my bike almost 2 weeks ago. I developed a large hematoma above my groin area where I got hit.

The healing is coming along decently but was curious if anyone has any experience with them and how to help heal it faster.
Try rubbing is 1-2 times a day with DMSO.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I broke my xyphoid process and the idiot general surgeon thought it was a cyst even though it was crystal clear the bone was broken. I was awake he was cutting with the hot knife then realized it was bone real genius. He tried to cut it out with some ENT or EMT wire snips. A piece of bone the size of the tip of my pinky popped out launched across the room. It was a real fucking zoo. The intern that was holding the retractors holding the wound open drop them on the floor anyway the guy says I think I’ve done enough damage closes it up and subsequently a thing gets a monster hematoma, I come back these clowns don’t want to touch me because they think this guy did some serious damage. I finally have people in my chain of command threaten so they drained it. I think three or four times it kept filling up one time at my house, I was pushing on it and it shot the liquid out across the room on my wife’s couch. She was gonna kill me , but I think in the end not made that big of a difference I think that when I had squeezed it dry or they had drained it that I tried to push alcohol or peroxide into it to try to help, but I only did that once and it took time to heal up it was a real pain in the ass to Surf without being able to lay down on your chest is a problem
Oh, and I have no idea how I broke it, which seems kind of odd to me. It would appear that that would take some level of trauma that would be noticeable.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019

Depending on exact location, of it is putting pressure on the common femoral vein and or causing inflammation in that area, it could set you up for a DVT in the affected leg.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic