Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The most lucrative sport for a strong guy?

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
There is no money in strength sports. Maybe carvinal/state fair strongman?
What if we include IFBB as a strength sport? Would you still say the same thing? I mean, my strength gains should amount to some physique improvement at some point, at a high level. Right?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
IFBB pros have to pay $500.00 out of pocket for a pro card. I coached 2 Women's Physique IFBB Pros and neither of them made more than 10-12 grand a year from competing and sponsorships.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
As the others mentioned, there’s not much money to be made however I’d recommend perhaps starting a YouTube channel, and becoming an influencer. That’s where folks make money over time.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
What if we include IFBB as a strength sport? Would you still say the same thing? I mean, my strength gains should amount to some physique improvement at some point, at a high level. Right?
Haha. Yep, keep going and you will earn your pro card by the time you are 75.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Yeah, very few are able to monetize strength sports or bodybuilding. Personal training should be a side hustle, not a career, because you will age out. Lotta work, not a lotta money. I know a lot of people who have fallen into the personal training trap while pursuing aspirations in competitive fitness/bodybuilding, then it's hard to get out. Influencer? Maybe, but gotta constantly be generating content, and I'm not creative enough or a dynamic enough speaker to even consider that. Best of luck to you. Focus on education and a career....anything fitness related is a side hustle.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Haha. Yep, keep going and you will earn your pro card by the time you are 75.
Eh, lol. I guess I should've seen that coming. XD

I'm an old guy and I'm kind of aiming for sports that have a master's division. I think I can do it on weightlifting, but that's bare minimum. I do want to compete in other stuff at some point. I'm just a bit sad that weightlifting may be my only option.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't want to be glib about this, but there is very little money in any strength sports. People do it to reach personal goals. MMA is not for strong people, it's for quick people with lots of athletic ability.

You want a sure thing? Take accounting classes at the community college. If you're willing to apply yourself diligently, you'll make good money in accounting, and you can still pursue the hobby of strength sports.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
I don't want to be glib about this, but there is very little money in any strength sports. People do it to reach personal goals. MMA is not for strong people, it's for quick people with lots of athletic ability.

You want a sure thing? Take accounting classes at the community college. If you're willing to apply yourself diligently, you'll make good money in accounting, and you can still pursue the hobby of strength sports.
I'm majoring in exercise science right now, actually. I hope that doesn't sound stupid to you guys.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I'm majoring in exercise science right now, actually. I hope that doesn't sound stupid to you guys.
It doesn't sound stupid at all, as long as you get pleasure from it. If you're getting into it for money and long term financial security....make exercise science a minor and major in something business related. Never give up your dreams, but you need to be sure you're going to have enough to live on and provide for your family, because dreams alone won't feed you or put a roof over your head.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
It doesn't sound stupid at all, as long as you get pleasure from it. If you're getting into it for money and long term financial security....make exercise science a minor and major in something business related. Never give up your dreams, but you need to be sure you're going to have enough to live on and provide for your family, because dreams alone won't feed you or put a roof over your head.

Oh thanks bud. My true passion is actually philosophy. I'm actually going the Exercise Science route as my major because I know I'd make a very good personal trainer. It's a balanced decision. I'm actually very financially secure right now, but the income is not enough for my purposes.

Thanks for the kind words.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic