Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Corona Virus. How much of a threat is it?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
If a hoodrat catches a bullet I say they died from 'lifestyle'.

If a obese, asthmatic, diabetic, alcohloic smoker catches COVID-19, they die from COVID-19.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
All I know is that i'm taking the Hydroxychloroquin/Zpack if I get dx with this shit....i'm not going to wait for a bunch of these physicians to twiddle their thumbs waiting for a RC T to be completed, such fucking non-sense. I'm getting enough for myself and a few family members, if others choose to not use, then that's on them. I've talked to too many MD's and nurses who have been involved with administering these meds, and who can state first-hand how beneficial they are, compared to not prescribing it.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
1. Started my shift with 7 patients. 2 passed before the end of my shift.

2. Day 2 of reusing our cleaned and sterilized n95 mask.

3. The ultraviolet light that was once used to sterilize and disinfect rooms that were cleaned is no more.

4. More retesting thinking false positives and false negatives.

5. The hospital is low on oxygen so there are oxygen trucks scattered around the hospital.

6. Back to the 7 patients for 1 RN. this is extremely difficult. I was with one patient age 91 for well over 1 hour. I had to feed, clean, change bedding, clean the room. Just went a take off the PPE, he asked me for water. I suited back up, gave him water and then his roomate had a bowel movement while in bed. So the process started all over again. Wearing an n95 mask in a hot room.

Post a friend made on another board:

After working long days and long hours straight , i finally get a chance to write, I dont know where to start, nor am i a good writer. But i just had to tell my sentiment, coz maybe someone out there would listen.

not a single day that pass in the ER, that we (MD RN RT TECH) need to intubate someone. Its not the physical or mental work that we do everyday, that drains me, coz we are trained to handle and take care of this kind of situation and patients everyday. But hearing the life of each person we intubate, is what puts me on my one last leg.

I had a wife crying of a 28 yr old healthy male
with a 2 mo old baby, Begging to keep her husband alive. A retired MD veteran with copd telling me prior intubation, i don’t want to die yet, i had to blow my cake, my 70th birthday its coming up, i think they preparing a big party for me. A 58 yr old female with cancer telling me that her daughter doesn’t know that shes in the hospital asking if she can see her before intubation because she might not see her alive again. And all i can say is I’m sorry, These are just a few of each person’s story and it hurts everytime. Coz im human.

Everyday in my car, i have to stay still for 30 minutes to decompress and pray, to help this patients to get through this and go home alive, To give us, all the frontliners the strength, courage, strong mind and keep us safe to continue to do what we have to do, to help, scientists to discover a vaccine/ medication to stop this virus, to give us the proper PPE so we wont be running around the department looking for stuff we need, and to go home safe to our family, not scared, hoping not to contract the virus, coz my 6 yr and 4 yr are waiting for me. I hope this dust will all settle soon.

To everyone i had worked with, my high salute to everyone, its always an honor to work with u guys, ur dedication and perseverance are undying.
So if social distancing, washing hands, staying home is the key to stop the spread of this COVID19. PLEASE do

Love ya brother, stay safe, and good seeing ya every now and then! Proud of you man!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I thought it came from an animal to begin with?...If not, how did we get it?...

".....The mode of transmission appears to be one way—human to cat—and there is no evidence yet of transmission the other way," Dr. Summer McGee, dean of School of Health Sciences at the University of New Haven, told Fox News.

Animal-to-human transmission of coronavirus has not been ruled out, but there is no evidence that it has already taken place – yet......"....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...different-strains/ar-BB12eEAF?ocid=spartandhp

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I thought it came from an animal to begin with?...If not, how did we get it?...

".....The mode of transmission appears to be one way—human to cat—and there is no evidence yet of transmission the other way," Dr. Summer McGee, dean of School of Health Sciences at the University of New Haven, told Fox News.

Animal-to-human transmission of coronavirus has not been ruled out, but there is no evidence that it has already taken place – yet......"....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...different-strains/ar-BB12eEAF?ocid=spartandhp
Here's a decent article about where the virus could have originated from.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/06/us/coronavirus-scientists-debate-origin-theories-invs/index.html

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Is there anyway science can determine if a virus originates from an living thing (animal or human [I know, we are animals too]) or was developed synthetically?...I have no clue as I have never studied viruses...

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
At least 2 people extubated today. This means came off the vents and breathing on their own. So far doing well.

I awake this morning seeing 9500 deaths in NY. end of shift the number increased to over 10500.

No need for me to report any deceased. The news does it.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
At least 2 people extubated today. This means came off the vents and breathing on their own. So far doing well.

I awake this morning seeing 9500 deaths in NY. end of shift the number increased to over 10500.

No need for me to report any deceased. The news does it.

Thank you for your service, bro!....Extremely commendable!...If I may ask, are most of the people u are having a hand in saving, are they surviving due to medicine or sheer genetics (immune system)?....

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
While at Walmart yesterday I sat on a bench inside the store and watched people with their masks down to talk on they seal foams. Sticking they fingers inside they masks to itch or wipe their runny nose and then touch everything from produce and put it back, to packaged food and put it back. Is it a cultural thing? Is it a low IQ thing?

One thing is for sure, I've never seen that many at that store. Where did they come from and why? They have Walmarts on the east and south side(s).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic