Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

What's the best way to get rid of flabby chest?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
I have a chest but some fat around it. I can feel the muscle when I press on my chest and it's tight but the sides or pecs are flabby. I bench and do flyes and occasionally push ups.
Is there anything I can do?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Sounds like you need to tighten up you're diet and lower your body fat %.

You can add all the muscle you want but that layer of fat will still be over it.

Any chance of gyno?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Sounds like you need to tighten up you're diet and lower your body fat %.

You can add all the muscle you want but that layer of fat will still be over it.

Any chance of gyno?
I'm not obese and now shirts fit me loser. Just have some fat. No gyno that I'm aware.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
#1 Reduce your simple sugars or better yet eliminate them.
#2 Take in maintenance calories and do not spike your calories, simply (not easily) done.
#3 Use of AI to run your E2 as low as possible without creating side effects of low E2.

I won't even go into all the chemicals a guy could take, the results are short lived and extremely unhealthy.

1, 2 & 3 is all about keeping your insulin low and not spiking insulin. Flat line caloric intake. Making sure your current BF% is not and cannot contribute to holding/ storing water and or body fat.

Get plenty of sleep and don not run your body down workout after workout. Your body will learn to store fat to perform to workload. None of this is easy, it becomes a way of life and to others it looks easy.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
#1 Reduce your simple sugars or better yet eliminate them.
#2 Take in maintenance calories and do not spike your calories, simply (not easily) done.
#3 Use of AI to run your E2 as low as possible without creating side effects of low E2.

I won't even go into all the chemicals a guy could take, the results are short lived and extremely unhealthy.

1, 2 & 3 is all about keeping your insulin low and not spiking insulin. Flat line caloric intake. Making sure your current BF% is not and cannot contribute to holding/ storing water and or body fat.

Get plenty of sleep and don not run your body down workout after workout. Your body will learn to store fat to perform to workload. None of this is easy, it becomes a way of life and to others it looks easy.

Waaaay overcomplicating it.

Lose the fat. Eat less. Period. Simple sugars dont matter, sugar does not matter....calories matter. You lose or gain the same amount of fat if your designated carbs come from sweet potatoes or if they come from pop tarts. Makes ZERO difference. (general health not considering)....but fat loss....no difference.

Chest fat in men will be some of the last to go. Just the way it is for a typical fat storage pattern in men. For men it is chest and spare tire area...women struggle with thighs. Take the amount of fat you THINK you have to lose and double that number at least. 99% of people have zero clue how much fat they really carry. (except for the competitive bodybuilders in here). The longer you have let yourself go the leaner you will have to get before those stubborn areas drop. You will have shredded legs (4-5mm skinfolds) and still holding the chest fat. It is not easy, but can be done. Took me about 4-5 years and I am just now getting the last bits of stubborn fat off. (I could have done it faster, but I did not want to sacrifice too much and cut so hard I lost a lot of LBM. I did it over the course of 6-7 smaller cuts, each one a little further while never letting myself get too far off track to allow any stubborn fat to come back).

For the past few years, I have been sub 10% and just staying there year round. Yes, I eat simple sugars. I eat pizza and icecream every week. (Icecream 2-3 times a week). No I dont ever take AI's either.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
When I started I had the same issue. No gyno or tits but lots of chest fat. Even now when I eat bad n dirty bulk I get side boob liking dat. Drives me nuts!

Only thing that makes it not look unattractive is big ass bulky pecs.
No lie.
Make your upper body eddy hall esk. He's got that build.
Start with bench. Dial in form. I mean really dial it in.
Get your bench weight for singles up.
Then add in bench volume work. Once your in the lower 200s.
After you can single 200-250
And 15 rep 135-185
Add extra work.
Inclines, hammer inclines. Db flats db inclines
Then add flys, cable and machine. Fluff those pecs n you'll look jacked not fat even if your carrying extra flub.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
I have a chest but some fat around it. I can feel the muscle when I press on my chest and it's tight but the sides or pecs are flabby. I bench and do flyes and occasionally push ups.
Is there anything I can do?
Besides diet how is your stress level? How old are you?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Silly me....................eat less Pop Tarts and ice cream. You'll be sub 10% in 4-5 years.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Silly me....................eat less Pop Tarts and ice cream. You'll be sub 10% in 4-5 years.

No reason to totally cut out pop tarts and icecream. Moderation in all things.

By all means, the majority of your diet should come from whole food....but it makes no REAL difference fat wise if your carbs come from pop tarts or sweet potatoes. (given equal calorie content).

The "rules" do change slightly when you get VERY VERY lean. Say drifting towards contest shape. At that point, you can manipulate the response your body has by carb type but it is generally only for those taken in isolation. Eg, bolus doses of simple sugars post workout. Again, this is stuff most people will never notice. If you are over 10%bf, when and how you eat your sugars do not make much of any difference.

CFM, I dont know anything about you...but I do know what I am talking about. I am, and stay in what most would call pretty good shape. I have done so learning to manipulate food intake. I do not rely on drugs or cutting compounds to get there. I have to laugh at the suggestion of a guy taking an AI to drop fat. Sorry dude.

Again....maybe you are a top level guy with a fantastic physique. Maybe your advice is what is necessary for that. I am not that so those things are not necessary for my goals. I am just a 45 y.o. guy staying in shape and doing so with as little 'help' as I can since overall health is important to me more than being the biggest guy in the in gym. It does not sound to me like the OP is top level bodybuilder, so I dont think the advice you gave fits.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
What's the best way to get rid of flabby chest?

Ban FD?

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
My meals consist of yogurt, milk, eggs, bacon, rice but a fistful of any, chicken, beef, whey protein, mixed nuts, tuna sandwich. Every now and then I cheat at a restaurant with as an example Mexican and Chinese food and extremely rare that I do fast foods.
Is my diet ok for muscle gains and fat loss?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
At the most basic level its about total calories eaten vs calories burned.

If you are trying to cut you should track your caloric intake (at least for a while) to get an idea how many C's you are consuming. Even eating healthy foods you might have too much. Fat is dense in calories and might be doing you in, depending how much bacon and such you are eating.
YC2J96j.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic