Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Forearm Tendonitis

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
One of the worst pains ever that I have experienced in my bodybuilding career. The first onset of this pain was felt about 8 years ago. It is such an excruciating pain to the point where I could barely curl a 5lb DB when I typically use 35-40 lbs for reps, turning doorknobs, driving, brushing my teeth, all gave me pain. I remember trying different methods. Wrapping with kinesiology Rocktape, forearm strap, R.I.C.E. method, did some forearm flexor stretches, rest from biceps training for a brief time (but we are bodybuilders and what is rest? lol). The pain would subside for a while but then come back like a roaring lion. I finally decided on corticosteroids. That instantly relieved my pain and I was back training biceps like normal within a few weeks. Now this was 9 years ago. Then last year that horrible pain came back again. I tried all the methods again to help with the pain but after about 8 weeks of enduring it I decided to visit my doctor again. My doctor was reluctant to administer cortisone shot again but I simply begged him. haha This time it took a bit longer for it to kick in but I finally found relief again. I know the cons of cortisone shots but I felt there was nothing else I could do besides stop training and basically living. LOL

Has anyone ever experienced this before and what did you do to relieve your pain?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Forearm pain no, but elbow pain... that's all to common with PLing especially tendonitis on the inside of the elbow. For that, I found flossing, working my extensors, icing, and stretching the flexors helped.

I'd say try flossing. I know PoB would probably also add you should try Body Tempering.

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
Forearm pain no, but elbow pain... that's all to common with PLing especially tendonitis on the inside of the elbow. For that, I found flossing, working my extensors, icing, and stretching the flexors helped.

I'd say try flossing. I know PoB would probably also add you should try Body Tempering.
Thank BI. Yea mines is on the outside. I guess the medical term is called Lateral Epicondylitis. Doctor said it is also knows as Tennis Elbow but my pain was more in the ulna and extensor tendon but it all ties in to the elbow. But wow, when it is flared up it is no joke.

Thanks for the suggestions. And also I just realize we have a injury recovery and prevention section so mods, feel free to move if need to. Thx!

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
I had that years ago. Felt like shin splints on your forearms. I tried everything....except cortizone shots. Finally just had to take a month off and eased back into it.

fit_dynamite

fit_dynamite

TID Lady Member
Oct 11, 2017
I had that years ago. Felt like shin splints on your forearms. I tried everything....except cortizone shots. Finally just had to take a month off and eased back into it.

Totally right. I tried taking a break like a week because it didn't really hurt on other body parts except biceps and/or I would just avoid exercises that aggravated the tendonitis. It came to a point that there was only 1 exercise/machine that didn't hurt it and I remember sitting on that machine for my entire bicep workout. :D 10-12 sets. Thx for sharing.

ExerciseMachina

ExerciseMachina

Jan 24, 2018
The pain may come from your wrist being in unnatural positions throughout chest presses and front squats. Try switching to more ergonomic grips and positions.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Have u tried rapping it?..I use wrap wrist and elbows...I could get thru workouts then...I wrapped extrmely tight tho, almost to cutting circulation off...It did work for me...It might for u...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic