Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Attn: Athletes. What are you doing to protect your body and prevent "breakdown".

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Let's hear from everyone:

Age/Hgt/Wgt

How and how often you train. BBing, Strongman, PLing, Xfit etc.

What do you take to keep injury free and progressing? Oral, Topical, Injectable etc.

What other implements, orthotics, or machines do you use? Soaks, Saunas, KinesioTape. etc.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I'll go first.

I'm 47 5'7" 215lbs @ 13-15% right now. I train 4 days per week. I also do "two a days" on two non-consecutive days for the last 5yrs. I feel "use it or lose it" plays a factor at my age. I need to keep my volume of work high in order to cope with a "high volume of work".

I primarily use Hammer Strength or Nautilus machines for prime movers and cables for isolation work. I find better recovery with less "specialized" splits. I feel best with a 3 Day program (Push/Pull Upper, Legs, Delts/Arms then repeat.)

Best thing I ever did for myself joint tendon soreness wise was religious supplementation with the following:

Ingested:
Fish Oil (I'm prescribed Lovaza which makes it cheaper than OTC)
Bio-Curcumin
Type II Collagen (best absorbed with Vitamin C supplement)
4iu HGH at bedtime every night
25mg MK677 at bedtime every night (I drop the MK and lower HGH to 2iu end of prep)
Phosphatidylserine 600-900mg per day (divided doses)
Liberal use of Cannabis. CBDs and THC

Non Ingested:
Cpap (got me off BP meds and improved recovery 10-fold)
Tempur-Pedic Mattress
Hot shower and quick stretch before bed.
Cold shower in the a.m. (start warm end cold
smile.gif
)

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Questions, re; above
What is bio curcumin? I take curcumin/turmeric and it is a miracle, is there something better?

Why the mk? You are already using GH, so what benefit is the mk?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
55 5'11 219 12.4% (today)

M calves, back, traps
T pecs
W calves
Th quads, hams
F delts, bi's
S calves, tri's, forearms
S off

BJJ on Tues, Sunday 'open mat day'.

Cardio 3-5 times a week. 20 minutes @ >120 HR.

CoQ10
81 aspirin
Krill oil
B complex w/C
Collagen tabs w/C
10mgs Statin
25mgs Atenolol (when stacking or running above 140/TRT)
40mgs prop EOD
ZMA

BP 120/70
RHR 69 running 140/TRT (no BP meds)
Donate every 58 days need it or not.
Cortisone to the knees E6M until I am old enough/candidate for replacements. Collagen 1,2,3 helps with knees.

New bed E5Y
Drive full sized American cars and trucks (always have) no cramped hard riding POS beating us up.

175g's protein ED
>225g carbs ED
<75g fat ED

At this stage of my life it is all about longevity (in the gym and in the mat). Heavy days are behind me.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Questions, re; above
What is bio curcumin? I take curcumin/turmeric and it is a miracle, is there something better?

Why the mk? You are already using GH, so what benefit is the mk?
The MK knocks me out like GHB or Ketamine. I'm dead asleep in 30mins.
Bio Curcumin is just a more bioavailable form of Curcumin without the inert ingredients.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
CoQ10
81 aspirin
Krill oil
B complex w/C
Collagen tabs w/C
10mgs Statin
25mgs Atenolol (when stacking or running above 140/TRT)
40mgs prop EOD
ZMA

I'm glad you mentioned ZMA...I loved it for many years, just for the sleep quality. So cheap I might just have to get back on it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I do a lot of prehab for my joints and to correct/work on imbalances. Shoulder prehab and hip prehab 3x week. Also have a "fluff" day to work on joint health/integrity.

daman1

daman1

VIP Member
Jul 25, 2016
6'7"
330lbs
Feel like I'm 60 at times

I've been fortunate enough to not have any injuries until the end of last year when I broke a disc in half in my lower back. I had disectomy and decompression surgery at the beginning of this year. Because I cannot do power low back compression-type exercises, I had to omit squats, deads, etc and focus on dumbbell, machine, and cable workouts.

M: Upper back and Bis
T: Shoulders/Traps
TH: Legs and core
F: Chest
Sa or Sun: Tri's and core

I visit an LMT bi-weekly to keep my hips in alignment. I also swear by bee pollen granules and I grind up water cress in my Ninja with orange juice and greens powder. I notice a big energy boost from all of the above which has helped me dramatically ween off caffeine and energy drinks.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad you mentioned ZMA...I loved it for many years, just for the sleep quality. So cheap I might just have to get back on it.

I notice the difference right away: intense dreams.

I'd get back on the GH but my hands go painfully numb at night.

Oh yes and CBD based products for occasional GI, sleep and pain formulas.

I am going to research
Bio-Curcumin
25mg MK677
Phosphatidylserine 600-900mg per day (divided doses).

Great thread M_RN

mjbanks

mjbanks

Nov 4, 2015
year three of 6days/week, 34yo
heavy push, lite pull, heavy legs, lite push, heavy pull, lite legs
more carbs on heavy days, same protein everyday
eggs and milk after every workout
sugar free powerade w creatine during workout
green tea and granola before if hungry
usually eat three hours before workout
focus more on 60 percent max on lite days, 80 on heavies
keep an elevated heart rate, but stop if i hear my own heartbeat from my chest
recovery is as important as lifting, after a workout, chill out
heavy to tear it down, lite to pump it up, rest to build gains
wide pushups that rely on triceps and pecs, not delts, other exercises do that
little to no dairy, fat, sugar, until after workout
no sweets before bed, slow release proteins before bedtime,
a little glycemic boost as soon as i wake up, before coffee and breakfast
never caffeine after a workout, always room temp showers
form when lifting, even if that means 20% lite loads
posture everytime else sitting, standing, sleeping, etc
lotta eggs and quick oats in small handsized meals, cup oats, 2 eggs
or full sized healthy meals
jalapenos, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, kale, separately
sometimes hemp protein powder from the supermarket for its adaptogens
no carbonated soda/pop
meditate/breathing
lots of loud music and occasional cheat sets

"Everything on the internet is true." ~ George Washington
**long list club**

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Im 37 and have been training since 15 y.o. Been an athlete all my life and bbing replaced sports for me after college.
This is not me bragging, but I still get carded for alcohol about 50% of the time when I go out to drink. And Most people think I look 25-26 and are shocked when they find out my real age. I can honestly say im also as fast and quick as i was back in my hay day but much stronger now. I think the real fountain of youth is first genetics, healthy normal levels of stress, diet, exercising and lastly drug enhancements in "healthy doses" in that order.

I still train like I did back in high school and college, balls to the wall. Still to this day having to pay a visit to garbage can to puke my brains out. I do mostly full body workouts these days w/ 30 secs rest periods b/w sets. Frequency has always worked best for me for both size and staying lean vs. 1-2 body parts /w.o. Upper body one day, lower body the next and than off day, rinse and repeat. I go moderately heavy to failure on all sets. I do roughly 20 working sets per w.o. I also do cardio year around and almost everyday if time permits. Both LISS and HITT depending on how I feel and how much glycogen and energy I have that particular day.

I eat clean and but not so rigid that I can still enjoy fruit everyday. I no longer try to jam down 300 plus grams of protein a day. I try to shoot for at least 30g protein per meal and back fill the rest with veggies and fruits. One day per week i have a refeed where i enjoy more carbs and on occasion eat some pizza and have a few beers.

Supplements use religiously--

*Multivit whole food source like "alive" brand- I don't care what anyone says, it's like insurance, you only pay a few cent to makes sure your covered from all deficiency.
*Fish oil
*vit c, b, d, and biotin
*haven't jumped on the turmic bandwagon yet but going to.
*Fiber and probiotics I get a lot of already in my diet. I eat greek yogurt like its no one business. Good food to eat on the go.

Lifestyle--
No kids, no wife = no stress lol. My brother 6 years older than me looks his age. He has a wife and 3 kids and works all the damn time. Already has a head full of grey hair. Me not one grey hair.

Drugs--
Trt self administered. 250mg sustanon 1 amp per week
masteron prop 50mg 2x week.
Aromasin 12.5 e3d.
Meditropins 3iu

If I drop the drugs I honestly believe I'd still look just as young and be almost be as athletic minus some strength and size. Although it does help and will continue my regime as long as I can get access to all these items.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
The MK knocks me out like GHB or Ketamine. I'm dead asleep in 30mins.
Bio Curcumin is just a more bioavailable form of Curcumin without the inert ingredients.

Thanks for the info on bio curcumin. I'm going to try this for at least 6 months and see if I feel a difference or see a difference in my blood work which is already pretty good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic