Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Question about new routine.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Someone wrote me up a new routine to tryout. But the first day has me questioning things.

Its a 3 day Monday Wednesday Friday. Squat/Deadlift/Bench....

First why have squat and deads so close. Figured squat monday deads friday.

He is the Squat Routine to start it off. Has 3 tops sets to amrap then up the weight more for paused squats for amrap again. If I go to failure at a lighter weight. How do I up the weight then pause it for reps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170724-235431.jpg
    Screenshot_20170724-235431.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 315
  • Screenshot_20170724-235443.jpg
    Screenshot_20170724-235443.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 266
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Having 2 lifts close isn't the end of the world. It may not be the most advantageous but it still can work. I pull and then the very next day, squat. That's due to my work and school schedule..

Not a fan of the warm up at all but to each their own. I like to prime my body for the lift so for squats it's; forward, backwards, and lateral walks with hip circle, goblet squats, glute bridges, and then box jumps before ever touching a bar.

Let me ask you... why are you having someone else program your training?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Having 2 lifts close isn't the end of the world. It may not be the most advantageous but it still can work. I pull and then the very next day, squat. That's due to my work and school schedule..

Not a fan of the warm up at all but to each their own. I like to prime my body for the lift so for squats it's; forward, backwards, and lateral walks with hip circle, goblet squats, glute bridges, and then box jumps before ever touching a bar.

Let me ask you... why are you having someone else program your training?

A Gym Owner /Trainer of a Powerlifting Gym offered to test out a new APP to follow clients through their training. This guy also makes Wraps and he has been great to me in the past. So I offered to help out. Gave him my Current Maxes, BW, ect.. My weak point etc...

I think I'm going to reduce the warm ups. Part of the reason is m,y Shoulders were killing me near the end. Did it today.

I worked 16hrs yesterday so I wasn't well rested today. Did 5/360, 6/360, 7/360 followed with Paused Squats @390 for 3x3. I took longer breaks then was listed and skipped the last two core stuff due to time. Thinking of going back to finish those up.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Donnie Thompson trained squats and deads heavy on the same day every week. Many have. You get conditioned to it.

A lot of people over think the program to the point of paralysis. Lift heavy shit. When you feel exhausted lift lighter shit. It seriously can be just that simple.

And especially don't try and judge a program just by what's on the paper. A few have done that with my programs and by the end of week 1 realized they were mistaken.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Oh and the amrap stuff on squats should be fine. The weight goes up but your reps will be much less. He is looking for high intensity on every set.

Personally I wouldn't do that and would like to see the dude who wrote it attempt that shit lol

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Most guys squat and pull on the same day.... you just wave your % so it all adds up

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I ended up doing this for two weeks. A meet came up Oct 14th so time to switch to a short peak.

Wasn't as bad as it looked on Paper.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
The simplest routines are often the best...
At least for long term.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic