Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Gym clowns

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Used to be a woman in one of my past gyms we called Bentover Rose ... is that her?

norm

norm

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2023
Of course, every gym has a whistler and we have an extremely obnoxious one. He’s an older Latino who doesn’t breathe whilst he is doing a set but rather lets out short and very loud whistles with each exhale afterwards.
He passed by an old cougar the other day and she stopped him and told him that it’s been a long time since anyone has whistled at her. He didn’t get the hint.
LOL. Didn't get the hint---he IS dense. Of course those are the people that do these things...

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
OH boy, the loud clanging and banging ones are the worst....well i say that only if i don't have my headphones on LOL. I usually have my headphones in when i train alone. But when i work out with my training twice a week, i don't have headphones in.
There was a guy in the gym last night that was doing deadlifts and the weights are iron weights and he was doing them on the regular gym floor (we also have a squat rack on a lifted wooden platform that sometimes cushions the noise lol.
Anywayj, he had his head phones in and i suspect there are some folks that like to hear the weights and are very loud with the weights because their music is also loud in their ears, so they are overly loud. Seriously, this dude could not control the movement on the down/concentric move and just pretty much let it fall to the floor LOL. I know this dude and he has been at the gym for awhile. When he was doing his set, a few of us had stopped what we were doing and looking at him, it was so loud...couldn't concentrate on our stuff lol. Dude had his ear buds in and a hoodie on with the hoodie up...as i suspect he didn't want to see anyone else lol. UGH....

I get the clanging and bangin....and can tolerate some....but this was just obnoxious LOL.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
My general rule is that anybody that's taken the effort to get his/her butt to the gym has my respect. At least they're not on the couch. But my general rule has been taxed lately. Maybe I'm just getting old and I put up with less crap.

How about the guy with the $500 headphones on, and he's singing/rapping to the music, and can't hear himself be totally out of tune... why should I care? I shouldn't, but it still makes me shake my head.

And watching the 17 year old guys struggling under weight that's too heavy for them. I'm sure I did the exact same thing, but I was way cooler! LOL Maybe they'll be able to see me moving weights that are about half what they're trying to lift while being twice as large as them will help the light bulb turn on in their brain... But 17 year olds are a bit squirrely.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
Someone dropping their weights during training is something I do not understand.
First off, I realize that a gym isn’t a church but the extra unnecessary noise of a guy dropping a couple hundred pounds + is distracting as heck.
Second, I also realize that with my 9 years or so into my journey, I’m relatively new but I was taught from the “git-go” that the eccentric moves are just as or are in some cases, more important that the concentric.

Maybe it’s just me but if I have to drop a weight it’s because I hurt myself or I have lost control.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I quit a gym because the teen boys ran in packs. They would congregate around a piece of equipment talking, flexing in the mirror & taking selfies for 30 minutes never using the equipment. If I asked how much longer they would be I was the ass. It just wasn’t worth dealing with them & possibly having it escalate.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
When I was younger and I did cleans and or clean and jerks I never dropped.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dropping the weights... It kind of depends on what it is. For example, if I am doing incline dumbbell press, once I have gone to failure, I am dropping the weight to the floor. There is no other safe way to offload the big dumbbells (150+). You just let them go. Even trying to ride them down will tear something.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I quit a gym because the teen boys ran in packs. They would congregate around a piece of equipment talking, flexing in the mirror & taking selfies for 30 minutes never using the equipment. If I asked how much longer they would be I was the ass. It just wasn’t worth dealing with them & possibly having it escalate.
Was working up in Grand Forks ND and the gym there was awesome and four of us working up there went to the gym, but had the group of shirtless skinny phuktards doing just what you said, standing around bs-ing and posing like they were badasses. One of the guys we call baby gorilla is a big, jacked, tatted up biker looking badass took his shirt off and got right in the middle of them and started posing, it was hilarious.

Many years ago when I trained during lunch with my assistant at the on campus gym, he would grunt so loud on warm up sets it was embarrassing so I never made any sounds no matter how tough the set was. These days I find myself on heaviest sets grunt counting sounding like Dusty Hanshaw...IYKYK LOL

Its a gym, clangin & bangin is what is done there...weights make noise. (but also is you put them on right instead of loose and use collars its not as much.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic