Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

A fun experiment

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
These days its pretty common to see people turn ANYTHING into a religion. Look to this very board to see people doing it with diet and nutrition because they took a class in college. Now they are unable to understand what they "learned" is obviously bullshit and it just doesn't compute with them because they have bought into the lie. Its almost impossible for most people to admit they have been indoctrinated. Its even worse to see these people give others advice.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Update:

Yesterday I had a subway sammich and 4 cookies for the day. (home made ones) Total calories for the day 1,660 bodyweight today is 213.5

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I just finished skimming this thread. I saw where you are having insane sugar cravings. Cannot remember at what point. A buddy told me take 5 grams of L-glutamine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. With or without black coffee. I think it does indeed diminish sugar cravings. Will not fix it but does help.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I just finished skimming this thread. I saw where you are having insane sugar cravings. Cannot remember at what point. A buddy told me take 5 grams of L-glutamine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. With or without black coffee. I think it does indeed diminish sugar cravings. Will not fix it but does help.

I expected the sugar cravings. Although I had forgotten just how strong they are...lol Hopefully I'll only be on this junk "diet" a few more days. At that point I'll log the weight and calculate how much I gained on a caloric deficit (impossible according to some). Then I'll up my calories to around 5,000 per day all meat and eggs and see what happens. I'm at 214.1 today. Bloated AF.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah looks like a lot of salt and carbs. Amazing how eating clean you drop 5-6 lbs of water. At least for me and I am skinny.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Yeah looks like a lot of salt and carbs. Amazing how eating clean you drop 5-6 lbs of water. At least for me and I am skinny.
No doubt. Should be interesting to see what happens. Total calories yesterday about 2,200 pasta and cookies...lol Almost zero protein. Weight is 215 even. Thats a 15 pound gain in 20 days in a constant caloric deficit.

Going to give blood again today and see what happens with that.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Update:

Just got home from donating. Iron/hemoglobin was 17.7 so I'd think I should be below 17 right now.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Mine goes down a full point when I donate. I guess you are bigger than me? Blood volume?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Mine goes down a full point when I donate. I guess you are bigger than me? Blood volume?
No idea. Just basing it on other times I've donated and being conservative. But, going from 20.3 down to 17 or less is huge for me. I feel so much better.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Today's food: Plate of pasta about 720 calories one slice of pizza 300 calories Total about 1,020 for the day. I say about because it was hard to calculate the cheese I put on the pasta. Weight is 215.2

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Update:

So, I have been eating pretty much what I wanted to since October 5th. (Not as much as I'd like but any kind of foods other than meats) My diet has mostly been carbs, very little protein. The kicker is that I have stayed in a caloric deficit the whole time. (Never really going much over 3,500 calories my baseline being around 4,200)

I started at 200lbs even and I'm now 215.4 After 3 weeks of eating less overall calories but switching from all meat to 90% or so carbs. So now the fun part. Starting today I'll be jacking my calories to over 5,000 per day if possible...all meat and eggs. Lets see what happens.

Breakfast was 10 eggs with cheese (1/4 cup shred) and a half pound of pulled pork. Lunch was a 16oz ribeye. I'm at 3,714 calories so far today not counting the butter I cooked the eggs and steak in. Supper will be one pound of hamburger with 3-4 fried eggs. That should put me right at 5,000 for the day. Anyone else is more than welcome to check my math and make corrections.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have not been here long enough to figure out if I can subscribe to this thread. But I am intrigued!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic