Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Cutting the cable.....

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
We have the Amazon fire stick we paid $39 and some free apps. I can get any movie that is out, any TV series and even live TV from jut about anywhere in the world including the US of A for FREE.
I use an Amazon Firestick, too. I have a Hulu full subscription, and borrow my girlfriend's Netflix (tho they are changing that (assholes)), but I use Pluto and a few other apps to watch movies. I never cannot find something to watch.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
i have an app called TVTap which has movies, TV series and live TV. Not bad. Another good one is Cinema HD V2 for movies TV series and stuff off NetFlix, Amazon, YouTube etc. All of these apps I believe work like Torrents so you pretty much need to be using a VPN. Mobdro was another good one for year but they shut down. I heard Interpol was after them for pirating movies and HBO. MediaLounge is another one that has everything. No adds and no advertisement with the TV series. I can get sports from just about anywhere. Got Pluto too.

Like you, I can never NOT find anything to watch and for FREE.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
Ive been 15 yrs or so I believe... Used to have just netflix at first, now I only own TV"s that run on ROKU, their free channel has some good content and using Netflix, Amazon prime, Hulu etc is seamless and easy all with only one remote. I'll never go back to cable TV providers for anything but internet and I may drop that depending on how Starlink turns out.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
How can I get, "The Getaway", with Steve McQueen for FREE?!!!!....

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I only had Hulu and Amazon for years and didn’t miss cable. I was forced to get sling so she can watch her, as LK said perfectly, 17 hours of DVR crap. Slings price is still better than cable because it’s only $30 a month.
But besides sling, my cell phone provider gives me Hulu, Disney, ESPN, Apple Music, Discovery + all for free. So Allan find something to watch.

what I do need some help on is sports. Missed some football games because I couldn’t get access. So, those of you who have all sports, let me know how please!

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
My wife and i did the same thing about 12-15 years ago. Between the apple TV, netflix and bitorrent we don't miss it at all.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I only had Hulu and Amazon for years and didn’t miss cable. I was forced to get sling so she can watch her, as LK said perfectly, 17 hours of DVR crap. Slings price is still better than cable because it’s only $30 a month.
But besides sling, my cell phone provider gives me Hulu, Disney, ESPN, Apple Music, Discovery + all for free. So Allan find something to watch.

what I do need some help on is sports. Missed some football games because I couldn’t get access. So, those of you who have all sports, let me know how please!

Been using on-demand for years. I recall going to shop for the latest LCD back in 2007 & a salesman tried to sell me cable. I told him I didn’t want to be subject to all the other garbage if I only watched 1-2 channels in the 100s of channel lineup. I asked if they sold services a la carte or on-demand and I still recall his tone. “That will never happen”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

Thank you, DD!...I would like to get the whole movie....I was able to find the remake with ole Alec Baldwin and have a good idea how it should go, however, I want to see ,"The King of Kool" master it!....Again, thanx for the clip, brah!!!!.....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

I know for Firestick (android) there are some sports apps, an NFL app, NCAA app and pro-baseball and basktetball app that give you links to any live feed that is on. I downloaded the NFL app and it works nicely, I just don't watch sports anymore.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I have cable internet which is suppose to be at 100 speed but I just checked it and its only at 40. Says it depends on the 'computer' your using ie. laptop, desktop, phone, etc. I did get Charter Spectrum streaming TV for $15 mo., it has all the channels I want. All I need is an antenna for local stations and I can pay another $10 mo. for sports channels and all the movie channels. That sounds like a good deal that I'll probably upgrade to as soon as I get motivated.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Trying Hulu for a free week. 1 day in and I like it. Also like the $100 savings!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic