Joannafit
What's New?

TRT after about 3 years

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So i have been on TRT for approx 3 years. Been living with the side effects that it has given me thus far. My natural testosterone was 6 before any TRT. Was coasting alone just fine until mid November was looking at my head of hair and noticed was seemed to me to be receding hairline. Freaked the fuck out and stopped testosterone. Now, I don't know if it was going to happen to me any way and TRT accelerated it; or if TRT contributed (likely). But that side effect freaked me out. I had asked my hairdresser and she said she has not noticed.
So maybe I freaked out for no reason, I don't know. Maybe it had been receding for a few years now and i just now noticed. I don't know.

Talked to my hormone doc, and he has a couple things i can do so might try those. One of them, he says he uses. I believe it is a cream for the scalp he has specially mixed.

I'm 50 yrs young now, so again perhaps this was going to happen anyway.

But recently been reading about other bodybuilders and shoot some of them have receding hairlines like A LOT and wear wigs. I kinda don't want to do that, so i might try this cream thingy.

Yes, i know this is a side effect and I knowingly took that risk when I chose to do this. So not complaining, but simply giving a future someone a perspective. This won't happen to all women, only some.

Happy Lifting Y'all

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
The good thing about living in "These Times" is there are a lot of options for hair loss prevention. I had a beautiful set of locks until I turned 46 that is when thinning just went crazy, but I am at peace now with my baldness.

Give those creams a try as my sister had some thinning and used some hair products that really helped her thicken up her hair. At first it looked like fine baby hair, but she used it religiously and really worked for her. Good luck Bova!!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Sorry @BovaJP , the below is all I have to add to this thread :)

You might try a laser cap. Good luck.
All I wanted was some frickin sharks with lasers....

sharklaser.jpg

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
How are you feeling now you’ve stopped taking your hrt?

For me that wouldn’t be an option no matter the consequences; I’m in a bad place when my body goes hypogonadal.

Beserker

Beserker

Jan 5, 2021
Seriously though, my wife used to brush her hair and lose a lot... I wondered how she had any left. She started doing less washing and just a deep conditioning treatment once a week... pretty much cured it.

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
I can't see a trt dose make you lose your hair. I've been on trt 10 plus years and currently 51 still no worries in the hair dept. As Jin said I'd rather have the test & no hair.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I started thinning (receding hair line and Almost bald on the top / back of my head) back when I ran big cycles. Since then with (5-6 years) of TRT I don't think it's any thinner.

Like you, It really bothered me for a while, to this day none of my brothers are loosing or have even thinning hair. So, I cut it real short and grew a beard. Game on

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
So i have been on TRT for approx 3 years. Been living with the side effects that it has given me thus far. My natural testosterone was 6 before any TRT. Was coasting alone just fine until mid November was looking at my head of hair and noticed was seemed to me to be receding hairline. Freaked the fuck out and stopped testosterone. Now, I don't know if it was going to happen to me any way and TRT accelerated it; or if TRT contributed (likely). But that side effect freaked me out. I had asked my hairdresser and she said she has not noticed.
So maybe I freaked out for no reason, I don't know. Maybe it had been receding for a few years now and i just now noticed. I don't know.

Talked to my hormone doc, and he has a couple things i can do so might try those. One of them, he says he uses. I believe it is a cream for the scalp he has specially mixed.

I'm 50 yrs young now, so again perhaps this was going to happen anyway.

But recently been reading about other bodybuilders and shoot some of them have receding hairlines like A LOT and wear wigs. I kinda don't want to do that, so i might try this cream thingy.

Yes, i know this is a side effect and I knowingly took that risk when I chose to do this. So not complaining, but simply giving a future someone a perspective. This won't happen to all women, only some.

Happy Lifting Y'all

It's more common than people think and very individualized. One female at the gym is taking 50 mg of TC a week (legit), feels awesome, no hair loss, no acne, labs are perfect, packing on muscle and getting lean, a little drop in voice but that's it. Others on just 10 mg/wk or a pellet are shedding hair, having issues with acne, etc. It's all genetics. A number of my older 50+ female clients are losing hair noticeably (not on anything) just a function of age and genetics. Testosterone certainly doesn't help at any dose. Finasteride at 2.5 mg has helped a couple of them slow the lose considerably without any sides or negating the positive effects of testosterone, but not stopped it. Avoid spironolactone or any non-topical anti-androgens. It all depends on you tolerance. They all love being on HRT (T), libido, energy, cognitive function, muscle/strength and bone density. A couple have gotten hair pieces, toppers, etc. or just cut their hair very short and accepted what is coming over feeling like a post menopausal train wreck. Only you can decide what is best for you. It is a curse for sure. Sometimes it is female pattern baldness, throw in T and then its both MPB and FPB. It has probably been slowly receding and you just not noticed how advanced it has gotten.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
I can't see a trt dose make you lose your hair. I've been on trt 10 plus years and currently 51 still no worries in the hair dept. As Jin said I'd rather have the test & no hair.
OP is female. Probably feels a bit different about potentially going bald than most dudes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic