Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

TRT after about 3 years

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I wouldn't care. I started shaving my head years ago. Hair and primping is not real practical for what I do or for real men in general. I see the OP is female so I can understand the concern. Should it not have been a consideration before starting?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
GS, I think the hair loss is one of the overlooked sides in women. One because some have issues from really bad to hardly noticeable, until it is noticeable then there is panic, to nothing at all unless they get crazy with dosing. Some women can handle Mast other just a little and hair starts falling out like crazy. Unlike acne that resolves with a change in drug, dosing or cessation of use, the hair regrowth is generally a non-starter. You can live with a deeper voice, people get used to it, a bigger clit, not many ever see it and the orgasms are nuclear, facial or body hair can be shaved or lasered, but baldness in women is the worst of the worst. Spironolactone and oral antiandrogens may help but will blunt the effects of AAS, even topicals may have a negative effect as some gets systemic. Finasteride or DUT will reduce the hair loss with T, but not other androgens that are already DHT based, Mast for example. There is a new topical anti-androgen being released this year for acne, the same drug is under P2 trials for hair loss. Unlike topical 5 ARi that will only help with T to a degree, a full AR receptor blocker should help with all ASS, in theory. But, the larger the area of application, the greater the likelihood of systemic effects.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
My wife is having thinking of the hair, and she has never done gear. Her grams and her aunt both wore wigs, and were bald. The wife is 36 and it’s freaking her out too. I think she naturally has higher than normal T levels, I’ve asked her to get blood test to check.... not sure what else to do. Think the kids fucked her system up.....

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
My wife started her HRT via pellets and started losing a decent amount of hair. Went back to the dr and he ended up putting her on finasteride and it pretty much stopped it. That being said, my wife's hair is THICK so it wasn't noticeable to anyone but her. Saw it when she brushed and washed her hair.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I wouldn't care. I started shaving my head years ago. Hair and primping is not real practical for what I do or for real men in general. I see the OP is female so I can understand the concern. Should it not have been a consideration before starting?

It was a concern and I already knew about all sides because i do my research myself. Again, this post was not about complaining about a side effect, it was merely a post made from my experience. I knew all of this going in and I get my bloods done 3x's a year if not more because i'm super aware and concerned about more than just hair loss.
Again, was merely documenting my experience for the sake of some women out there doing their own research and reading other people's concerns.

More than likely, how i will deal with this is that i will go back on it (cuz life sux without it lol), and get some hair cream or whatever to help me deal with the on top of the head hair loss. Will post up later what i decide to do.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
How are you feeling now you’ve stopped taking your hrt?

For me that wouldn’t be an option no matter the consequences; I’m in a bad place when my body goes hypogonadal.

How am i feeling??: lazy, tired, libido is lower than low, low energy, tired.....LOL It sux dude. But then again, i'm also compounded with still dealing with my mother's death and it was her birthday on Jan 1. Anywho, all i'm trying to say is that i don't feel like myself without the T, but also is compounded by some emotional shit LOL.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
It was a concern and I already knew about all sides because i do my research myself. Again, this post was not about complaining about a side effect, it was merely a post made from my experience. I knew all of this going in and I get my bloods done 3x's a year if not more because i'm super aware and concerned about more than just hair loss.
Again, was merely documenting my experience for the sake of some women out there doing their own research and reading other people's concerns.

More than likely, how i will deal with this is that i will go back on it (cuz life sux without it lol), and get some hair cream or whatever to help me deal with the on top of the head hair loss. Will post up later what i decide to do.

A female friend on HRT uses http://www.eucapil.com/xhtml_en/eucapil.shtml, no issues getting it through customs, Amazon appears to sell it but you never know with them. In addition to minoxidil and oral finasteride 2.5 mg. 1.25 mg would probably be enough to cut the DHT conversion down by 60%. Effects on libido were minor if any at all. Also uses the light helmet and did PRP treatments. Tried everything else there is, other topicals (FIN, E2, Cu peptides, etc.) Nothing else had any effect. Always amazes me when doctors say the literature does not support giving women T for libido. Other option is to switch to deca. Another friend used it for HRT and there was no hair loss. She was using about 80 mg/wk. Had to stop bc her HCT was out of control and affected BP that she already has issues with. Felt really good on it though. Former BB/stongwoman competitor.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
How am i feeling??: lazy, tired, libido is lower than low, low energy, tired.....LOL It sux dude. But then again, i'm also compounded with still dealing with my mother's death and it was her birthday on Jan 1. Anywho, all i'm trying to say is that i don't feel like myself without the T, but also is compounded by some emotional shit LOL.

Sorry for your loss. My mom's b-day was yesterday and she died 4 years ago.

D

dadbod82

Feb 2, 2021
Sorry about your loss. I know I'm new here but I'll throw in our situation. I'm wife is on hrt and takes var. She has thick hair but it started getting brittle and breaking and falling out. Before we knew it it went from her lower back to above her shoulders without a cut. She started taking collagen pills and didn't see a difference. We switched to rule1 collagen and peptides and it's growing like crazy and is thick again. Not sure if it will help with the receding issue if that's indeed what is going on with you but can't hurt to try. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
You may want to ask your Dr. what the cream is before going down that road. It's been a long time since I looked into it, minoxidil was the main one at there time and there were enough uncertainties that I skipped it. He may be using something else, but t hormones can be absorbed through the skin so it's worth the question.

FWIW
Minoxidil may suppress androgen receptor-related functions

TOPICAL MINOXIDIL 5% INDUCED MALE SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION
That stuff gave me crazy shortness of breath... make sure to get some finasteride

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
OP is female. Probably feels a bit different about potentially going bald than most dudes.

hahaha I was reading through the responses and saw multiple that were like “rather have the test than my hair” and I was like they know they are speaking to a woman, right?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic