Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Parler

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
So since Zuckerberg and Dorsey are confirmed enemies of the state, I would encourage a MASS EXODUS from their bullshit platforms to PARLER. The dont censor and if you stay on those others you are financing your own destruction...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Can you explain further? I’m good with using a safer and actually private platform, just want to know what I’m running to, in yalls terms. (Will be googling after this message.)

Reactions: CFM
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I'm sure the FBI will be avid listeners there...particularly following Trump's defeat and the angry radical right guys making angry threats. I vote you stay off all social media except here at TID. Safer and better nudes than Parler.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
FB is engaging in massive censorship of information they don't wish you to see. Here's an example:
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/11/facebook-fact-checks-me.php
The powers that be in social media know what's best for you and will actively filter out the "disinformation" (i.e., the information that does not align with the narrative they're telling you). Orwellian to say the least.
Parler won't filter out information, and thus they operate as a bulletin board, where users post information. FB, Twitter, etc. operate as publishers, as they review content and selectively permit "allowed" content to be posted. Under Section 230 of the communications act, that puts them into a category where they become liable for such content. In the past, they claimed freedom from liability, as they argued they were just the bulletin board. They've crossed the Rubicon.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
FB is engaging in massive censorship of information they don't wish you to see. Here's an example:
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/11/facebook-fact-checks-me.php
The powers that be in social media know what's best for you and will actively filter out the "disinformation" (i.e., the information that does not align with the narrative they're telling you). Orwellian to say the least.
Parler won't filter out information, and thus they operate as a bulletin board, where users post information. FB, Twitter, etc. operate as publishers, as they review content and selectively permit "allowed" content to be posted. Under Section 230 of the communications act, that puts them into a category where they become liable for such content. In the past, they claimed freedom from liability, as they argued they were just the bulletin board. They've crossed the Rubicon.

What about the "backbone"?...

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I'm sure the FBI will be avid listeners there...particularly following Trump's defeat and the angry radical right guys making angry threats. I vote you stay off all social media except here at TID. Safer and better nudes than Parler.

While 'far right Trumper's' exercise their freedom of speech and vent their frustration, leftists continue to act out destroying their own communicates.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I'm not picking sides, I'm doing my own thing. What I'm saying is that Parler is gonna be watched very closely.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Is Parler buggy? I set up an account and it still won't let me in.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
I set up a account looks boring AF

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm not picking sides, I'm doing my own thing. What I'm saying is that Parler is gonna be watched very closely.

The NSA watches all this stuff for national security threats, physical threats to the Prez, etc. I don't see what's so great about it, but then again I don't do twitter, instagram, etc.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic