Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Genetic Modified Mosquitoes Released in Florida and....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yes, you should offer yourself up to the mosquito gods as a sacrifice

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
64EB9EAA-C1EF-4222-B0B7-D6A080F6B136.gif

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
No shit guys. I have never been bitten by a mosquito in my life. I lived in South Florida and now Houston. They are fucking everywhere. My wife get eaten alive. Even when I was coaching, during morning practice all the coaches coated them self with mosquito spray and carried towels to swat them off. I never had one get close to me. I can't for my life figure out why, but its true. Maybe my blood could be used to for others......hahahaha

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Got a lesser version of the luck Bigtex has. By myself, I can get bitten, but standing next to my wife I'm nearly immune, while she needs a transfusion.

Mosquitos supposedly find their meals by sensing the Carbon Dioxide when humans and deer and their other food groups exhale. Same method with Tics, even though they get to their meals in different ways, even though one is an insect, the other an arachnid. None of this explains why some people attract them more than others, however. Shitty thing about Tics is you can carefully avoid brushing up against any vegetation, but some Tics can drop down from overhanging branches ... their scaled down version of "Death From Above."

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
U have to be sweet for them to bite u...

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
From the small amount of research I’ve done, blood type also plays a role. However, it seems to me women are more magnetic. Anyone else seen this too?

According to research, you are more at risk for mosquito bites if you:
  • You Are pregnant
  • Are obese or overweight (because you might exhale more CO2)
  • Have an O blood type (you attract more mosquitoes than friends with Type A or B blood)
  • Have recently had alcohol (this increases your metabolic rate and the amount of CO2 you produce)
  • Have a higher body temperature
  • Have sweat on your skin
  • Produce more lactic acid, uric acid and Octenol through your pores (these are attractants mosquitoes detect through their antennae)
  • Have recently exercised (your raised metabolic rate increases your CO2 emission)
  • Are moving (it’s easier for mosquitoes to spot you)
  • Are wearing dark clothing (dark colors stand out more to mosquitoes)
  • Haven’t showered in a day or more (old sweat is more appealing to mosquitoes, especially to the species carrying malaria)

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
No wonder I get all bit up drinking around a bonfire. I'm O-pos, run warm, and have always just worked out.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
We talkin bout dem Black Flies that matter?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic