Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Resistance bands

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
What are the best brands dollar for dollar and where are you ordering from?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have Kilo Bands from Lifting Large .com. They’re much heavier than tubular bands which rarely exceed 35/40 lbs of resistance.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I have Kilo Bands from Lifting Large .com. They’re much heavier than tubular bands which rarely exceed 35/40 lbs of resistance.
Thanks Mike, I'll check them out. Spud was the only place I was currently considering

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Most of mine came from elitefts.com They put them on sale frequently and you can build a nice set.

Reactions: 5.0
N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
Most of mine came from elitefts.com They put them on sale frequently and you can build a nice set.

Most of mine are too. I have the short & long red minis, the short green minis, the short & long orange, and the short & long (only 1) gray bands. I like them. I use them both on the bar & also as the sole resistance for certain things. Getting lots of use as the sole resistance as of late though.

There guys have been around for many years and have good quality band for a low price.

Iron Woody Fitness
https://www.ironwoodyfitness.com

I have a set of fractional plates from them. Never used their bands though.

If Iron Woody's bands are as good as their plates are, you can't go wrong with them, EliteFTS, or Rogue Fitness for bands.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Most of mine are too. I have the short & long red minis, the short green minis, the short & long orange, and the short & long (only 1) gray bands. I like them. I use them both on the bar & also as the sole resistance for certain things. Getting lots of use as the sole resistance as of late though.

I have a set of fractional plates from them. Never used their bands though.

If Iron Woody's bands are as good as their plates are, you can't go wrong with them, EliteFTS, or Rogue Fitness for bands.

I have had these bands for 18 years. They are still working well. If I am not mistaken, Louie Simmon came out with these bands first then EliteFTS and Iron Woody came out with their own. All use the same color codes for resistance.

Glad to finally be able to put the bands back in the closet! Gyms opened here on the 18th. I did check measurements before and after the 6 week band program and I only lost 1/2 " all way round. Not as bad as I expected. So the short band training did help maintain muscle for this extended time out. The only thing is I gained about 5 lbs.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Lifting Large has a lot of quality merchandise. Ive ordered many items from them and have never been disappointed. Ask them a questions and they are always upfront and truthful. They have talked me out of things that they didn't think would accomplish what I was looking for.

Reactions: 5.0
N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
I have had these bands for 18 years. They are still working well. If I am not mistaken, Louie Simmon came out with these bands first then EliteFTS and Iron Woody came out with their own. All use the same color codes for resistance.

Glad to finally be able to put the bands back in the closet! Gyms opened here on the 18th. I did check measurements before and after the 6 week band program and I only lost 1/2 " all way round. Not as bad as I expected. So the short band training did help maintain muscle for this extended time out. The only thing is I gained about 5 lbs.

Are you sure about that? This topic of bands came up on another forum I'm on (SOI) & nobody including me was sure if they colors for different companies are basically equivalent to each other with regards to the resistance. If true, that is very good to know.

I had mentioned that EliteFTS has a chart on their band product pages with a resistance @ a given length & I guessed that Rogue would have something similar - I'll have to sit down & compare the charts.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Are you sure about that? This topic of bands came up on another forum I'm on (SOI) & nobody including me was sure if they colors for different companies are basically equivalent to each other with regards to the resistance. If true, that is very good to know.

I had mentioned that EliteFTS has a chart on their band product pages with a resistance @ a given length & I guessed that Rogue would have something similar - I'll have to sit down & compare the charts.

No, that you mention it I am not so sure anymore. Just looked at the Elite Fitness bands and everything is changed up. I am not even seeing what resistance the bands are on EliteFTS. Iron Woody has the resistance listed:

teal (2-15lbs) purple (5-36lbs), red, (10-50lbs) blue (25-80lbs) and green (50-120lbs), black (60-150lbs), orange (70-175lbs), red monster (80-200lbs)

I don't even see the big bands at EliteFTS any longer. WTF??? I have a full set of the Iron Woody bands but like I said they were purchased in maybe 2001.

N

Nerve

May 11, 2015
No, that you mention it I am not so sure anymore. Just looked at the Elite Fitness bands and everything is changed up. I am not even seeing what resistance the bands are on EliteFTS. Iron Woody has the resistance listed:

teal (2-15lbs) purple (5-36lbs),red, (10-50lbs) blue (25-80lbs) and green (50-120lbs),black (60-150lbs),orange (70-175lbs),red monster (80-200lbs)

I don't even see the big bands at EliteFTS any longer. WTF??? I have a full set of the Iron Woody bands but like I said they were purchased in maybe 2001.

They are all on there - The first link listed under "Bars and Weights." All of their bands are sold out though.

I found a copy of their chart:
Long-band-calibrations.jpeg

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
I bought the red mini and the green mini earlier this year at elitefts, then I went back a month ago to buy the next 3 up and they were sold out!! I then went to Iron Woody and hopefully I can buy the next 2-3 bands up, I know they'll probably be some over-lap, but I should have bought the whole set at elitefts before they sold out!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic