Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

T3 quitting/weight gain/ bloating

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hi, so from 25-50-75-100 mcg of t3 dosing of 8 weeks. I stopped. Was told to stop without any decreasing of dose. But now I seem to be gaining weight... and feel bloated. It’s a month of Ramadan like intermittent fasting here where i live so I’m not eating extra junk or anything as such. What should I do? It didn’t make much difference on scale btw for me. I workout and all.
I plan on starting ECA stack by mid this month or so. Should I start t3 till then again or should I let my body adjust to its quitting. It’s been two weeks of quitting t3. Please let me know. Thanks!

Ps. Did suffer hairloss.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
First, punch the guy in the dick who told you to run T3 at 100mcg/day. Secondly, it's going to take time for your body to readjust because of the schedule and amount of T3 you ran. And...you should have ramped it down (pyramid up and than back down).

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
First, punch the guy in the dick who told you to run T3 at 100mcg/day. Secondly, it's going to take time for your body to readjust because of the schedule and amount of T3 you ran. And...you should have ramped it down (pyramid up and than back down).

:( so now I should let my body adjust to it instead of taking it again till I start ECA stack? They say it takes 3 weeks or so to adjust. Something else I should do? Any help would be appreciated.
Lost a kg only but appearance changed slightly and then that kg is back with another pound added. Appearance is still slightly better than when I started.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Just eat less. You wont magically gain weight if your cals meet you needs. Sure your metabolism may be a tab bit slower, but it wont be THAT big. If you are gaining weight you are eating too much. Simple answer.

As a reference, I was diagnosed hypo-thyroid and I take 50mcg T3 daily. When I went on meds, I was tracking cals very closely. My TDEE went up 200 cals.

So again....you are gaining weight because you are eating too much. Just lower cals. No need for EC unless you really need it Dont necessarily understand why you are so reliant on external help to lose weight. Why the t3 at those levels. It can be catabolic.

Wow....just went back and read your post. If you only lost 1kg in 8 weeks of running that, stop taking EVERYTHING and just learn how to properly eat to lose weight. You are bound to fail doing it the way you are approaching things. T3 and EC can be a tool, but fat loss start with a foundation of a proper intake.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Macgyver makes a VERY good point. If you only lost a bit over 2lbs in 8 weeks your diet is WAY off.

Reactions: 5.0
H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
Just eat less. You wont magically gain weight if your cals meet you needs. Sure your metabolism may be a tab bit slower, but it wont be THAT big. If you are gaining weight you are eating too much. Simple answer.

As a reference, I was diagnosed hypo-thyroid and I take 50mcg T3 daily. When I went on meds, I was tracking cals very closely. My TDEE went up 200 cals.

So again....you are gaining weight because you are eating too much. Just lower cals. No need for EC unless you really need it Dont necessarily understand why you are so reliant on external help to lose weight. Why the t3 at those levels. It can be catabolic.

Wow....just went back and read your post. If you only lost 1kg in 8 weeks of running that, stop taking EVERYTHING and just learn how to properly eat to lose weight. You are bound to fail doing it the way you are approaching things. T3 and EC can be a tool, but fat loss start with a foundation of a proper intake.

:) I haven’t been pigging out on food, I workout regularly as well. But in past 8 weeks it’s been 3-4 times a day. 1300-1350 calories. I’m sorry but my eating routine is not way off at all. Even in the past when I ate very strictly I lost weight very slowly. On the scale. Plus I’m consuming meals prescribed by a nutritionist... sort of go for gluten free and lactose as my IBS can get irritated. So please ask before concluding in caps that I’m eating routine is “WAY” off. Plus t3 has not suited some folks. Maybe I was one of them. Thanks for the encouragement and straight way going for why I tried t3 or want to try ECA. I know these are all tools... and not magic pills. :)

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018

Way off remark for the other guy...
Tbh my metabolism feels slow... hence all these tools out of desperation. Without it when I eat according to my calories, it remains stuck. So yeah

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018

But if I don’t take t3 then shouldn’t I just come down to 1000 calories from 1300-1350 since my metabolism might be really sluggish right now. If at all working after t3 halt.

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
^^^ from your first post. we've been discussing drugs and diet a bit, let's go into the training as well?

Yes... well the recent change to be honest is more cardio... earlier I’d do weights, different muscle groups, compound training usually.. more with HIIT. When I increased my cardio, I noticed my face going slightly slimmer lol but body not so much...
so 5-6 exercises on normal days... 3 sets each and 15-20 reps. With less break between sets... but I don’t lift heavy weekly, like I haven’t tried increasing weights weekly formula. Scares me. And I DON’T workout twice a day. Don’t feel so energetic to go to that level.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
So please ask before concluding in caps that I’m eating routine is “WAY” off. Plus t3 has not suited some folks. Maybe I was one of them.

Ok I dont know your experience level or history, but I can tell that you dont know much about nutrition and energy balance. I'll make this very simple.....if you are not losing weight, you are eating too much. PERIOD....end of debate....done.

Drugs/supplement only shift the energy balance. Same with exercise. You lose weight by burning more calories that you intake. So yes.....the reason you did not lose more weight is you ate too much. No debate there.

This could be for several reasons.

-Your nutritionist PRESCRIBED (as you put it) the incorrect intake for YOU.
-You are not tracking properly
-You are cheating.

That's it. No "slow" metabolisim....no excuses of hormonal issues. Your body can not "hold" weight in the absence of calories. Hormones can only shift the curve. Or put you under the estimated TDEE for someone your size.

Brings me to my next point. Your nutritionist "prescribed" you a certain intake. How was this arrived at. It was a guess. After several weeks you have to adjust that as she can not know your exact energy multiplier...etc. So if you are portioning properly, then your nutritionist overestimated your energy needs and that needs to be adjusted.

It really is that simple.

My advice, drop the T3 Drop EC (no one takes the "A" anymore). Find you REAL TDEE and then set a deficit that is appropriate for the weight loss you desire and your size. Then do it and you will lose weight. If at that point you want to add in supps, then go for it. EC is good as it has been shown to be muscle sparing (something T3 is NOT). I like it as it helps with appetite suppression as well. Being a Beta 2 activist, it can help mobilize some harder areas....but at the end of the day fat loss is purely and energy balance equation.

BTW....cardio is a terrible weight loss tool. It increases appetite and the extra calorie burn is not really that much. DISCLAIMER, if you are trying to get down to essential fat levels at the end of a contest prep, then yes....it helps. But general weight loss...."I want to be in good shape and have abs", cardio is TOTALLY unnecessary. Good for general cardiovascular health, but not an effective weight loss tool. It is easier to just eat the proper cals then spend an hour on the treadmill every day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic