Rolanalon
What's New?

T3 quitting/weight gain/ bloating

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Way off remark for the other guy...
Tbh my metabolism feels slow... hence all these tools out of desperation. Without it when I eat according to my calories, it remains stuck. So yeah

You're not eating according to your Kcals, you're eating according to what someone is saying your should eat. It's really as simple as... Kcal in (intake) vs Kcal out (expenditure).

Try subbing some of the high rep, low intensity lifts for heavier weight, lower reps which is higher intensity. There are also other ways of doing conditioning which I'd encourage you try like EMOM lifts.

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
Ok I dont know your experience level or history, but I can tell that you dont know much about nutrition and energy balance. I'll make this very simple.....if you are not losing weight, you are eating too much. PERIOD....end of debate....done.

Drugs/supplement only shift the energy balance. Same with exercise. You lose weight by burning more calories that you intake. So yes.....the reason you did not lose more weight is you ate too much. No debate there.

This could be for several reasons.

-Your nutritionist PRESCRIBED (as you put it) the incorrect intake for YOU.
-You are not tracking properly
-You are cheating.

That's it. No "slow" metabolisim....no excuses of hormonal issues. Your body can not "hold" weight in the absence of calories. Hormones can only shift the curve. Or put you under the estimated TDEE for someone your size.

Brings me to my next point. Your nutritionist "prescribed" you a certain intake. How was this arrived at. It was a guess. After several weeks you have to adjust that as she can not know your exact energy multiplier...etc. So if you are portioning properly, then your nutritionist overestimated your energy needs and that needs to be adjusted.

It really is that simple.

My advice, drop the T3 Drop EC (no one takes the "A" anymore). Find you REAL TDEE and then set a deficit that is appropriate for the weight loss you desire and your size. Then do it and you will lose weight. If at that point you want to add in supps, then go for it. EC is good as it has been shown to be muscle sparing (something T3 is NOT). I like it as it helps with appetite suppression as well. Being a Beta 2 activist, it can help mobilize some harder areas....but at the end of the day fat loss is purely and energy balance equation.

BTW....cardio is a terrible weight loss tool. It increases appetite and the extra calorie burn is not really that much. DISCLAIMER, if you are trying to get down to essential fat levels at the end of a contest prep, then yes....it helps. But general weight loss...."I want to be in good shape and have abs", cardio is TOTALLY unnecessary. Good for general cardiovascular health, but not an effective weight loss tool. It is easier to just eat the proper cals then spend an hour on the treadmill every day.

Mac when I exercise regularly, I don’t cheat and when I was on t3, I was pretty motivated and strict but then maybe this is where “your nutritionist prescribed a wrong intake for me” (I’m also broad boned structure, not petite, not pencil shaped.
Alright Mac :) then help me. I’m not here to defend myself. Period.

In 2016... I went down to 600 calories, prescribed by a doctor who also injected something in my belly (supposedly b12 injection. Doubt it) through that I lost 8kgs. No hardcore workout... then I gained 3-4 kgs. Went back to him, started off with 1400 calories, down to 800, down to 600 since I wasn’t losing weight. Anyway, I lost 3 kgs but not more and he was like I’m amazed at your slow metabolism. (He cut me off carbs, his diet had no carbs from oats but just from a peach or a guava) :) acne erupted first time in life... still on Raccutane/accutane med. course.
Now, Google Michael Matthews... this guy has his nutritionist team who started me off with 1500 calories and then down to 1350 calories. Due to IBS they cut off oats... anyway.. now tdee calculator says my cutting calories should be 1800 something and maintainance 2000 plus. Haha! Deficit of 500.
It says it should be 40/40/20 (lower carbs) now what should I do? My nutritionist does NOT decrease calories... says I’m running low already... like I lost Half a pound in two weeks and they were happy (keep going) lost a pound later while on t3 blah blah. I’m not into pills etc. It’s just that I got demotivated and opted for it... plus if I can use a safe tool while cutting then it does motivate me or keeps me positive, psychological. :) now you are an expert... what should I do?
Yes, when I increase cardio to a level like my trainer asks me to, I do feel hungry later. I do retain water in body as well. I do have PCOS issue as well. Maybe that’s why I need to take my calories further down? What should I eat! Guide me.

Exercise... I lift weights, that does make you appear better and due to lean muscle built up... I think the scale doesn’t move as it should but I don’t know, you know better.

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
Ok I dont know your experience level or history, but I can tell that you dont know much about nutrition and energy balance. I'll make this very simple.....if you are not losing weight, you are eating too much. PERIOD....end of debate....done.

Drugs/supplement only shift the energy balance. Same with exercise. You lose weight by burning more calories that you intake. So yes.....the reason you did not lose more weight is you ate too much. No debate there.

This could be for several reasons.

-Your nutritionist PRESCRIBED (as you put it) the incorrect intake for YOU.
-You are not tracking properly
-You are cheating.

That's it. No "slow" metabolisim....no excuses of hormonal issues. Your body can not "hold" weight in the absence of calories. Hormones can only shift the curve. Or put you under the estimated TDEE for someone your size.

Brings me to my next point. Your nutritionist "prescribed" you a certain intake. How was this arrived at. It was a guess. After several weeks you have to adjust that as she can not know your exact energy multiplier...etc. So if you are portioning properly, then your nutritionist overestimated your energy needs and that needs to be adjusted.

It really is that simple.

My advice, drop the T3 Drop EC (no one takes the "A" anymore). Find you REAL TDEE and then set a deficit that is appropriate for the weight loss you desire and your size. Then do it and you will lose weight. If at that point you want to add in supps, then go for it. EC is good as it has been shown to be muscle sparing (something T3 is NOT). I like it as it helps with appetite suppression as well. Being a Beta 2 activist, it can help mobilize some harder areas....but at the end of the day fat loss is purely and energy balance equation.

BTW....cardio is a terrible weight loss tool. It increases appetite and the extra calorie burn is not really that much. DISCLAIMER, if you are trying to get down to essential fat levels at the end of a contest prep, then yes....it helps. But general weight loss...."I want to be in good shape and have abs", cardio is TOTALLY unnecessary. Good for general cardiovascular health, but not an effective weight loss tool. It is easier to just eat the proper cals then spend an hour on the treadmill every day.

Mac when I exercise regularly, I don’t cheat and when I was on t3, I was pretty motivated and strict but then maybe this is where “your nutritionist prescribed a wrong intake for me” (I’m also broad boned structure, not petite, not pencil shaped.

In 2016... I went down to 600 calories, prescribed by a doctor who also injected something in my belly (supposedly b12 injection. Doubt it) through that I lost 8kgs. No hardcore workout... then I gained 3-4 kgs. Went back to him, started off with 1400 calories, down to 800, down to 600 since I wasn’t losing weight. Anyway, I lost 3 kgs but not more and he was like I’m amazed at your slow metabolism. (He cut me off carbs, his diet had no carbs from oats but just from a peach or a guava) :) acne erupted first time in life... still on Raccutane/accutane med. course.
Now, Google Michael Matthews... this guy has his nutritionist team who started me off with 1500 calories and then down to 1350 calories. Due to IBS they cut off oats... anyway.. now tdee calculator says my cutting calories should be 1800 something and maintainance 2000 plus. Haha! Deficit of 500.
It says it should be 40/40/20 (lower carbs) now what should I do? My nutritionist does NOT decrease calories... says I’m running low already... like I lost Half a pound in two weeks and they were happy (keep going) lost a pound later while on t3 blah blah. I’m not into pills etc. It’s just that I got demotivated and opted for it... plus if I can use a safe tool while cutting then it does motivate me or keeps me positive, psychological. :) now you are an expert... what should I do?
Yes, when I increase cardio to a level like my trainer asks me to, I do feel hungry later. I do retain water in body as well. I do have PCOS issue as well. Maybe that’s why I need to take my calories further down? What should I eat! Guide me.

Exercise... I lift weights, that does make you appear better and due to lean muscle built up... I think the scale doesn’t move as it should but I don’t know, you know better.

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018

Another question... loads of people are losing weight through KETOGENIC DIET. Should I try that?

Intermittent fasting?

Or what... thanks

H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
You're not eating according to your Kcals, you're eating according to what someone is saying your should eat. It's really as simple as... Kcal in (intake) vs Kcal out (expenditure).

Try subbing some of the high rep, low intensity lifts for heavier weight, lower reps which is higher intensity. There are also other ways of doing conditioning which I'd encourage you try like EMOM lifts.

Alright brotheriron... I’ll google EMOM lifts. And cardio/HIIT? Any amount there?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
HTF,

I dont know enough about you or your experience to give advice. You seem all over the place. Doctors visits, crash diets...etc. All signs that me giving you advice may not be a good thing. I cant tell, but the signs tell you that you dont know much about the basics of nutrition. Things like dropping down to 600 cal/day and getting b12 shots. That sounds downright desperate.

Post your stats, experience etc. Post a pic of your body (leave your face off) so one can tell what your composition is. If I just asked you %BF, my fear is that you would be way off as most people dont have a clue. But if you had a recent DEXA scan, by all means share that. (Please dont give us the bf% that some scale gave you).

As a side note....keto is no magic. It is just a style of eating that for some works well. Same with IF. You can gain weight too on either diet. At the end of the day, it is all about calories. It does not matter if they are coming from fat, from brown rice and oats, or pop tarts. You can lose weight eating only fried chicken and donuts and pop tarts (if you set your cals properly)

Weight loss is no mystery. Just estimate your calorie needs. Based upon your current bf % and LBM set an appropriate deficit. Set appropriate macro levels. Eat, and track. Make adjustments no more than once ever two-three weeks if you are not progressing as planned. It can be a little more difficult with women and water retention to predict trend, so at times, it is best to only make adjustments based on data points at same point in your cycle.

Thats it. It does not matter if you are eating KETO, Intermittent fasting, or just regular old food. You do it the same.

Let time do its thing.....and there is no big secret. That is the rub..... Losing weight sucks. You did not gain it overnight, dont expect to lose it that fast. If you try to lose weight too fast, you risk dieting away too much LBM and in the end over several cycles of this, you get the 'skinny fat' syndrome. I see lots of women like this. 120lb but flabby as hell.

You seem very lost. You need to just figure out the basics.

If you post more info, then I am sure there are people that can help.

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
Macgyver makes a VERY good point. If you only lost a bit over 2lbs in 8 weeks your diet is WAY off.
First, punch the guy in the dick who told you to run T3 at 100mcg/day. Secondly, it's going to take time for your body to readjust because of the schedule and amount of T3 you ran. And...you should have ramped it down (pyramid up and than back down).

Does it matter if you pyramid down really? If you shut down your Thyroid, going from 75 to 50 mcg a day shouldn't make a diff really. You body produces an average of 25 mcgs/day of T3 so anything over that should in theory shut you down. Not arguing the fact, just questioning based on what I know and have read.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
... or you are taking bunk T3 or possibly T4.... just a thought

You don't need to take T3 to drop 2lbs in 8 weeks so yes, I would speculate the thyroid meds she was on was possibly bunk considering the dose she was taking and she was on a diet created for her by a dietician.

Why would anyone take T4 since it's converted to T3? It's also weaker then T3. Just take the version your body is going to convert it to in the first place.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Does it matter if you pyramid down really? If you shut down your Thyroid, going from 75 to 50 mcg a day shouldn't make a diff really. You body produces an average of 25 mcgs/day of T3 so anything over that should in theory shut you down. Not arguing the fact, just questioning based on what I know and have read.

I believe it matters so the rebound isn't as pronounced as just going from 100mcg/ed to 0mcg/ed.

Here's a interesting question... how long does taking the exo T3 have an impact on the ant. pituitary since it's responsible for your TSH levels and that affects your thyroid output? They didn't teach that in A&P2 and to be honest I don't even think profs know that answer.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Alright brotheriron... I’ll google EMOM lifts. And cardio/HIIT? Any amount there?

EMOM = Every Minute On The Minute. Try using this method with squats. For example; you do 10min EMOM where you squat a weight for 5 reps starting at min 1, then you perform the lifts and rest till min 2 where you begin another of 5 reps and again rest till min 3 and so on and so on. It's brutal so take it slow.

Last edited:
H

HereToFloat

TID Lady Member
Mar 8, 2018
HTF,

I dont know enough about you or your experience to give advice. You seem all over the place. Doctors visits, crash diets...etc. All signs that me giving you advice may not be a good thing. I cant tell, but the signs tell you that you dont know much about the basics of nutrition. Things like dropping down to 600 cal/day and getting b12 shots. That sounds downright desperate.

Post your stats, experience etc. Post a pic of your body (leave your face off) so one can tell what your composition is. If I just asked you %BF, my fear is that you would be way off as most people dont have a clue. But if you had a recent DEXA scan, by all means share that. (Please dont give us the bf% that some scale gave you).

As a side note....keto is no magic. It is just a style of eating that for some works well. Same with IF. You can gain weight too on either diet. At the end of the day, it is all about calories. It does not matter if they are coming from fat, from brown rice and oats, or pop tarts. You can lose weight eating only fried chicken and donuts and pop tarts (if you set your cals properly)

Weight loss is no mystery. Just estimate your calorie needs. Based upon your current bf % and LBM set an appropriate deficit. Set appropriate macro levels. Eat, and track. Make adjustments no more than once ever two-three weeks if you are not progressing as planned. It can be a little more difficult with women and water retention to predict trend, so at times, it is best to only make adjustments based on data points at same point in your cycle.

Thats it. It does not matter if you are eating KETO, Intermittent fasting, or just regular old food. You do it the same.

Let time do its thing.....and there is no big secret. That is the rub..... Losing weight sucks. You did not gain it overnight, dont expect to lose it that fast. If you try to lose weight too fast, you risk dieting away too much LBM and in the end over several cycles of this, you get the 'skinny fat' syndrome. I see lots of women like this. 120lb but flabby as hell.

You seem very lost. You need to just figure out the basics.

If you post more info, then I am sure there are people that can help.

Hi Mac. You need to calm down on making judgements on me. That was 2016 I was very overweight not where I am right now. And it was a doctor that helped me. Stop calling me desperate and all over the place. I KNOW it’s calories in calories out... I know even in KETO one has to do that (can’t just put in whole box of cheddar cheese) but it is that sometimes a certain food doesn’t suit you much or macro of carbs are way less in keto. Dude I’m not someone who sits and stuffs herself so take my word for it. My freaking trainer recommended me t3. I didn’t even know shit about what it is. The sort I am, the max I can do is take a pre workout or a fat burner if it suits me, max I’d do is try ec while cutting so kindly stop telling me that i don’t know anything about nutrition etc etc. No offence.

Ps. In those crash diet days where a doctor was involved, after that experience I educated myself a lot. ✋

Now here are some pictures of my current physique that I’m posting...

Attachments

• 8F823FB1-0445-48B4-9588-8A216CB65638.png
    8F823FB1-0445-48B4-9588-8A216CB65638.png
    269.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 1C78159C-3881-4BFF-A79B-2F7040553D58.png
    1C78159C-3881-4BFF-A79B-2F7040553D58.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 44E90A47-4E89-4B9D-8EA5-8025F6C0F3B0.jpeg
    44E90A47-4E89-4B9D-8EA5-8025F6C0F3B0.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 415
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic