Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Pinning EOD

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Ive been on doctor prescribed TRT since 2005... at first doc had me pin 300mg every 10 days for a few years.. then last few years every 7 days. Ive always felt ok but last 6 months ive been pinning .03ml every other day with an insulin syringe and ive never felt better. No peaks and valleys. Just a steady peak... if your lean enough hitting the delts or quads there is not an issue. I use a 25g x 5/8" insulin with zero problems and zero discomfort. Was just looking at my original lab results when i started TRT... My F test number was a 49 :eek::eek:..... cant imagine how the hell i even functioned at that.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm definitely not lean enough to try that and I also hate shots so I don't think I'll try that.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I'm definitely not lean enough to try that and I also hate shots so I don't think I'll try that.

If i had to use regular gauge pins i wouldn't either. But the slins are zero discomfort. People sub/q there test also.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I'm not on trt but anytime I run a cycle that requires frequent pinning I preferred slin pins. Delts, quads, and ventro glutes in rotation. Honestly, I do get sick of sticking myself so frequently after a while, but I can definitely see the benefit of a trt dose EOD. I can imagine your levels remain more stable that way

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah but what happens if the shot gets shot into adipose tissue and not muscle tissue? How long does it take to break down and get absorbed if the shot is stuck in fat?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Haha I’m wondering how long you will keep that up? I would think twice a week would be easier to maintain than EOD.

But I agree, a constant supply probably feels amazing and your not getting that tired sluggish feeling towards the end.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah but what happens if the shot gets shot into adipose tissue and not muscle tissue? How long does it take to break down and get absorbed if the shot is stuck in fat?
I'm no Dr but if I remember correctly a subQ injection (in oil) could take up to 24 hours to break down.
A while back we had a thread discussing the pros and cons of subQ test injections for TRT purposes and I was actually surprised to learn that there have been studies on it and there are Drs that prescribe it that way

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Thats why i perfer it slinned in a lean muscle. That wont happen. But i could see that happening with sub/q.... ive never done that but i hear more and more people talking about doing it that way.

Last edited:
kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Haha I’m wondering how long you will keep that up? I would think twice a week would be easier to maintain than EOD.

But I agree, a constant supply probably feels amazing and your not getting that tired sluggish feeling towards the end.

Been doing it nearly 6 months now... but yes if i get annoyed with the frequent injections i will do twice a week. I personally feel a huge difference with the EOD so for now im "sticking"(haha) with it.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
You found a trt doc that will prescribe 300 mgs of test a week?

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
You found a trt doc that will prescribe 300 mgs of test a week?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Ive been on doctor prescribed TRT since 2005... at first doc had me pin 300mg every 10 days for a few years.. then last few years every 7 days. Ive always felt ok but last 6 months ive been pinning .03ml every other day with an insulin syringe and ive never felt better. No peaks and valleys. Just a steady peak... if your lean enough hitting the delts or quads there is not an issue. I use a 25g x 5/8" insulin with zero problems and zero discomfort. Was just looking at my original lab results when i started TRT... My F test number was a 49 :eek::eek:..... cant imagine how the hell i even functioned at that.

What does he have you using . . . Cyp, or what? If you ever wanted to go in the exact opposite direction, Test UNdeconate has been FDA approved for a few yrs now under brand names Nebido or Aveed. A big shot done very infrequently, 3ml of 250mg/ml, done in the doctor's office with them watching you for 30 minutes post-shot for "the cough." Not sure how the peaks and valleys problem would work with that, it's undeconate, but still, the shots are infrequent. A DIY trt could be more frequent, smaller shots of TestU, but if you want it legal and pharm-grade, there is an option if you ever get sick of the eod's.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic