Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz

Zahir Khudayarov crazy 440 kg ( 968 lb ) x 3 RAW squat .

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
And he just missed 1060 in that very same meet... so I've read and from that squat, I don't doubt it.

Look out b/c this SOB is on a roll.....

C

caveman

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks for posting. That squat was legit in every way shape or form. Looks like he totaled 2447 (pounds) that day. That's three people with a 2400+ pound total, correct?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's the mullet.... Party in the back but all business in the front.

Gotta give him credit though... He's by far the best 125kg lifter there's been.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
This dude is my new hero. I will now use nose torque on everything. While making pancakes, while using the bathroom, during arm day... Doesn't matter. I'm also growing my hair out in the back and learning Russian.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
It's certainly an event when he trains . I don't doubt him when he says " here is my home " I get the impression the workouts take forever . Did anyone else notice he used at least four different pairs of knee wraps !!

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
It's certainly an event when he trains . I don't doubt him when he says " here is my home " I get the impression the workouts take forever . Did anyone else notice he used at least four different pairs of knee wraps !!

Wonder if there's a method to that or if they just used what was around.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Wonder if there's a method to that or if they just used what was around.

If you're a WR squatter, you don't just use whatever is around. He was probably breaking in some other wraps on his acclimation sets and/or using them to keep the sponsors happy.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wondered if they were going up in stiffness as the weights got heavier.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I wondered if they were going up in stiffness as the weights got heavier.

They def were. I don't squat anywhere near him, but use 2 sets of wraps. I've been using grippers for lighter sets when I'm wrapping to get used to fabric behind my knee, and then change over to the more radical wraps when it starts getting heavy.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
When I first started PLing...that kind of weight was a dream. No one had broken the 1000lb barrier in deads...at least till Doyle Kennedy did. Squat was in the 9's. And all equipped. Even benches records back then are nothing like they are today. And...we're witnessing the Raw Lifters making a huge mark in the sport. Amazing how strong people have become. Newer training techniques compared to old school has created a more efficient lifter. Of course..not taking anything away from old school lifters in any way, shape nor form. Amazing.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
When I first started PLing...that kind of weight was a dream. No one had broken the 1000lb barrier in deads...at least till Doyle Kennedy did. Squat was in the 9's. And all equipped. Even benches records back then are nothing like they are today. And...we're witnessing the Raw Lifters making a huge mark in the sport. Amazing how strong people have become. Newer training techniques compared to old school has created a more efficient lifter. Of course..not taking anything away from old school lifters in any way, shape nor form. Amazing.

You're right though. Can't take anything away from the old timers because that's where the benchmark was.

Like saying an old QB couldn't hang with the speed of today's football.

Or an NHL goalie of late couldn't hang with the 100mph+ shots of today.

It's all relative, as we get better in everything in the world, so do our sports.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic