Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Reality regarding steroids

C

CADILLAC

Sep 16, 2010
Due to hysteria the line of reality & fantasy re: steroid use has been blurred so bad its invisible. People see pro bb'ers & think steroids. People now are convinced using steroids is the drug equivalent of beer or MJ. This is sooo wrong its beyond stupidity. Long-term tampering w/ a very delicate balance of chemicals such as hormones is IMO far worse than getting high or drunk.

We as grown men need to realize kids come on here & are influenced by what vets like us post. Steroid use is NOT obligatory w/ bb'ing. Tens of thousands of kids are right now f'in themselves up for life (Taylor Hooten) thinking they have to use steroidsz to get huge or be cool. Its a tragedy we can prevent, its up to us...

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I agree Tren... I am not saying there are no dangers in steroids... I am saying Tyler hootens issue was more parental than steroidal... You forgot mention that he was already taking anti-depressants before his gear use... that boy was unstable before hand... try again... but this time use a better example.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Due to hysteria the line of reality & fantasy re: steroid use has been blurred so bad its invisible. People see pro bb'ers & think steroids. People now are convinced using steroids is the drug equivalent of beer or MJ. This is sooo wrong its beyond stupidity. Long-term tampering w/ a very delicate balance of chemicals such as hormones is IMO far worse than getting high or drunk.

We as grown men need to realize kids come on here & are influenced by what vets like us post. Steroid use is NOT obligatory w/ bb'ing. Tens of thousands of kids are right now f'in themselves up for life (Taylor Hooten) thinking they have to use steroidsz to get huge or be cool. Its a tragedy we can prevent, its up to us...
Read the first cycle question type posts. You will see plenty of younger guys who aren't ready being told so.

Nobody here is condoning steroid use by teenagers.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
You may wanna use that teenager that people were talking about a few weeks back who was very open about his gear use. Nattydaddy or some bs like that

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Steroid use is NOT obligatory w/ bb'ing. Tens of thousands of kids are right now f'in themselves up for life (Taylor Hooten) thinking they have to use steroidsz to get huge or be cool. Its a tragedy we can prevent, its up to us...
Opinions are like assholes ...we all have one but the truth is, whether you like it or not, that if anyone wants to get "HUGE" as you say...you will have to take a large amounts of anabolic steroids and more. To equate steroids to alcohol and narcotics shows your ignorants and inexperience with steroid use. If you don't like what this Forum discussion is about, find a all natural-DRUG FREE Bodybuilding forum.

Last edited:
inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
Opinions are like assholes ...we all have one but the truth is, whether you like it or not, that if anyone wants to get "HUGE" as you say...you will have to take a large amounts of anabolic steroids and more. To equate steroids to alcohol and narcotics shows your ignorants and inexperience with steroid use. If you don't like what this Forum discussion is about, find a all natural-DRUG FREE Bodybuilding forum.

Well said titan

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I think your heart is in the right place, Caddy. That said you may have this place mistaken with the "kid run" Yolo boards like GHEY15 etc. This board is not endorsing or pushing gear use at all.

That said, I have helped a few younger guys (20-25) do it the right way because I have a responsibility to protect them as an adult old enough to be their father and an Emergency/Critical care nurse. When a kid comes to me for advice I assess whether or not they already have the gear on hand or if they are fishing for sources. If they are already holding and going to use it regardless of warnings against it...I am going to make sure they know what they are doing. What to expect, to have on hand and how to come off safely. Isn't that better in the long run than letting them experiment and **** their system up longer?

GuerillaKilla

GuerillaKilla

Certified Pillow Biter
Jul 17, 2013
Taylor hooten had major psychological issues prior to ever running gear. His dad is now on a crusade because it's easier to blame something like steroids and make AAS the monster rather than face the truth that his son was not emotionally or psychologically well. I'm sure guilt is playing a big role in his ability to accept the situation for what really happened. People try to reason with him and explain the actual cause of his suicide likely being depression related but the death of his son was so traumatic he will NEVER be open to any other idea than the one he has created to deal with it and go on with his life. He has a "cause" now and that gives his life meaning. Its not right but It's understandable.

My heart goes out to the family but the kid should have been getting serious therapy and counseling and not running gear in the first place.

Last edited:
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I think you're right, they should keep the steroids behind the counter at GNC instead of out in the open

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic